Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yes, and if I knew anyone that said no I wouldn't let them around family member of the opposite sex (same sex if they were gay)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    You know that females can be the aggressors as well right? Maybe some men just dont want the potential hassle of a female friend turned amorous.
    It helps if you read the thread beforehand.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    It's ok to be ACE but some people aren't born that way.
    I'm not actualy and Ace. I'm just not a horndog, who wants to smash anything that moves.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Sure but the spirit of the question implies that you're excluding socially unacceptable people such as your family members and married people and that you're controlling for variables like age and attractiveness. If you don't properly interpret the question then yeah I can understand why there is so many people who find this to be an absurd topic.
    I'm confused. are you saying that the only thing preventing people from wanting to smash is a social construct? (becasue in case of people who are married, you cannot even fall back on - they are related to me, so lack of desire is subconscious) in which case - it seems like you CAN turn it on or off at will and are just not willing to with people who are single, for some reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    It helps if you read the thread beforehand.
    You are assuming the other poster is skeptical to opposite gender friendship because of his own inability to control his sexuality.
    When it could just as easily be just the desire to not have to deal with a bothersome friend wanting more than friendship.

And then painting him as someone who you would not let near your family, like he is some predator, just makes you look childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I'm not actualy and Ace. I'm just not a horndog, who wants to smash anything that moves.
    Like I said some people are born different ways.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Like I said some people are born different ways.
    must be rough

10+ Year Old Account
    You are assuming the other poster is skeptical to opposite gender friendship because of his own inability to control his sexuality.
    When it could just as easily be just the desire to not have to deal with a bothersome friend wanting more than friendship.

And then painting him as someone who you would not let near your family, like he is some predator, just makes you look childish.
    So he is someone that knows people can be just friends by his own actions but answers no because? You didn't think that through did you.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    must be rough
    It is very rough having a high sex drive ,yes.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    So he is someone that knows people can be just friends by his own actions but answers no because? You didn't think that through did you.
    There is really nothing to discuss about this question. The answer to the OP is that some people will be perfectly fine having friends of the opposite sex.
    And then there are some, due to their own inability, or past experience with deceitful friends or partners will avoid starting friendships with the opposite sex.

But just cause a guy is skeptical to friendships across sexes, does not make him a sexual deviant...

7+ Year Old Account
    If you think you can't be friends with a female cause you might lust after them shows you barely have your sexuality under control.
    When people say that men and women cannot be friends they're not saying "men can't be friends with women because they might lust after them". What they're actually saying is that the friendship between straight men/women will have a unique dynamic that makes it categorically different than a platonic relationship between two straight men/women. If either the man or woman in a relationship feels any non-platonic attraction whatsoever then you should not truly view that as a real friendship even though both people may be extremely respectful with each other and value their conversations with each other.

I wouldn't trust you around any females I know.
    You're a protector and a watchdog. I respect that.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-19 at 11:17 PM.

Yea they can just be freinds, i have a few female freinds, couple i see pretty regularly at the pub ive known them over a decade and weve never been any thing more than freinds.

Gf was a bit suspicious of them when we first started dating though but after a number of nights out she realised there was nothing to be on guard about.

There is really nothing to discuss about this question. The answer to the OP is that some people will be perfectly fine having friends of the opposite sex.
    And then there are some, due to their own inability, or past experience with deceitful friends or partners will avoid starting friendships with the opposite sex.

But just cause a guy is skeptical to friendships across sexes, does not make him a sexual deviant...
    But avoiding situations because you've been burned by them before is not the same thing as denying that those situations are even possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people say that men and women cannot be friends they're not saying "men can't be friends with women because they might lust after them". What they're actually saying is that the friendship between straight men/women will have a unique dynamic that makes it categorically different than a platonic relationship between two straight men/women. If either the man or woman in a relationship feels any non-platonic attraction whatsoever then you should not truly view that as a real friendship even though both people may be extremely respectful with each other and value their conversations with each other.

You're a protector and a watchdog. I respect that.

lmfao.... "I can't be your friend because I don't want to fuck you...." Jesus did you think that was a real rebuttal? Cause again this says more about you than you think it does.

7+ Year Old Account
    lmfao.... "I can't be your friend because I don't want to fuck you...." Jesus did you think that was a real rebuttal?
    I mean guys should develop connections with women even if they are physically attracted to them and the women are not romantically interested. However it would simply be inaccurate to say that friendship is in the same category as a platonic friendship between two straight men or women. The only way that a single woman and a man can truly have a purely platonic friendship is if they are ugly and not physically attractive.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-20 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean guys should develop connections with women even if they are physically attracted to them and the women are not romantically interested. However it would simply be inaccurate to say that friendship is in the same category as a platonic friendship between two straight men or women. The only way that a single woman and a man can truly have a platonic friendship is if they are ugly and not physically attractive.
    Keep reveling how vile of a human being you are. I won't stop you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep reveling how vile of a human being you are. I won't stop you.
    Was my argument wrong? Explain why my argument is wrong and I'll consider your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was my argument wrong? Explain why my argument is wrong and I'll consider your argument.
    Your argument = you either want to fuck or you are ugly. If you need me to explain how fucked up that is it's not worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your argument = you either want to fuck or you are ugly. If you need me to explain how fucked up that is it's not worth it.
    If we're talking about two single people and the guy is not interested in physical romance then doesn't that mean the woman is ugly? (or vice versa)

Of course one of them could be practicing abstinence until marriage or something like that but that's not the norm anymore. I'm talking about the average scenario and not fringe scenarios.

No matter how nice an unattractive lady friend is...I'm never going to wake up next to her.

If we're talking about two single people and the guy is not interested in physical romance then doesn't that mean the woman is ugly? (or vice versa)

Of course one of them could be practicing abstinence until marriage or something like that but that's not the norm anymore. I'm talking about the average scenario and not fringe scenarios.
    no, it doesn't. because guess what - its possible to think someone is good looking and yet NOT want to fuck them.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, it doesn't. because guess what - its possible to think someone is good looking and yet NOT want to fuck them.
    Right but does that apply to the majority of guys and to the majority of cases where there is a guy and a good looking gal? This thread doesn't have to be about every guy and every relationship but just about the average or typical case.