Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

US Citizens Told Not To Travel For Thanksgiving Celebrations

Americans have been told not to travel next week for Thanksgiving celebrations. Spending the holiday on 26 November with people who aren’t in their household is a big no too. The safest way to celebrate this year is at home with the people in your household.

Is this the same situation in your area now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, if only we had shut everything down for like three weeks six months ago and then cut a few checks to cover the drag and then just had everyone wear masks.

But nope!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Man, if only we had shut everything down for like three weeks six months ago and then cut a few checks to cover the drag and then just had everyone wear masks.

But nope!
    Meh hard to actually force people to do stuff cus they think they know better even when they don't.

Also is their any sauce from OP?
    Last edited by Sorensen; 2020-11-19 at 10:37 PM.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Speaking from A Canadian Perspective...we celebrate Thanksgiving in October...this is what happened:

This graph is strictly alberta... but the same thing happened everywhere else

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Speaking from A Canadian Perspective...we celebrate Thanksgiving in October...this is what happened:

This graph is strictly alberta... but the same thing happened everywhere else
    Doesn't help when there is only one road in Canada that everyone travels on.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    You aren't funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh hard to actually force people to do stuff cus they think they know better even when they don't.

It’s a lot easier when the highest office in the land isn’t saying to ignore medical experts and trust him on blind faith instead.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    *Shrug* don't expect any sympathy after everyone shitting on the U.S. just to have the EU and the rest of the world spike straight up.
    It was a South Park skit. (Literally couldn't find a good video so apologies in advance)

*Shrug* don't expect any sympathy after everyone shitting on the U.S. just to have the EU and the rest of the world spike straight up.
    Don't see what that has to do with the joke about Canada only having 1 road...

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, there are two roads. Number 1 and the Yellowhead.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Actually, there are two roads. Number 1 and the Yellowhead.
    i think he was talking about paved roads, not dirt.

that's why not making it a politically divisive issue was important, but that ship sailed like 7 months ago

The real question is.....

Does anyone ever eat the green bean casserole?
    Green bean casserole is delicious, but not if it’s from canned green beans and Campbell’s soup. If you use fresh green beans and make the sauce from scratch with mushrooms it’s pretty damn good. I also usually go for GF canned fried onions because I don’t want to waste all the time making them, but the brand of onions is better than French’s, at least in my opinion.

Anyhow, I’m spending this thanksgiving alone in Japan anyways. There’s been an uptick in cases in Tokyo but I feel safer here than in my hometown.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is.....

Does anyone ever eat the green bean casserole?
    It’s as fine a delivery method for hot sauce... but... no... I skip that shit... My gf’s dad deep fries a Turkey, roasts a prime rib and has honey glazed ham for the philistines. No room for sides... must consume meat... I look forward to this all year and no... we are staying home.

We have not figured out what to get, but we are leaning towards this:
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

5+ Year Old Account
    Not at all surprising, but I'm glad I finished almost all the shopping earlier this week. I can just see the wonderful disease house grocery stores will turn into the 3 days prioir
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    People here on Base are pretty much doing whatever they want, saying they won’t let COVID stop them from seeing family, that they will “continue to live their lives as normal”.

It’s pretty upsetting, not to mention extremely ignorant and selfish. People just don’t care.
    Thanksgiving in November funeral in December.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prinky Doodsie View Post
    Americans have been told not to travel next week for Thanksgiving celebrations. Spending the holiday on 26 November with people who aren’t in their household is a big no too. The safest way to celebrate this year is at home with the people in your household.

Is this the same situation in your area now?
    We planned on doing that this season any how.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    People are getting sick and dying. WTF do people expect. Jesus. Am I the only one that has lost a family member and a friend to this?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    People are getting sick and dying. WTF do people expect. Jesus. Am I the only one that has lost a family member and a friend to this?
    You have people screaming it's a hoax while they are on their death bed and being intubated the US is fucked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You have people screaming it's a hoax while they are on their death bed and being intubated the US is fucked.
    It's just seriously fucking crazy to me. I have to ask, again:

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Am I the only one that has lost a family member and a friend to this?
    Great holiday season coming up.