Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Run Lola Run, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyline (2010), we couldn't believe we paid for it. So we snuck into Due Date and thoroughly enjoyed that.

I think it's a 3 way tie between Street Fighter the Movie, Doom and Godzilla (1998).

Street Fighter It was a major bore. IT would have been completely irredeemable had it not have had Raul Julia as M. Bison. That character was at least memorable in an otherwise shitty movie.

Doom Do I really need to explain?

Godzilla (1998) The problem here is that if it didn't have the Godzilla name, it would be an alright movie. But they try to pass a giant Iguana as the King of the Monsters. But let me tell you. Godzilla is an unstoppable force of nature. This guy... is not that. Got killed with 6 missiles? The real Godzilla shrugs off Missiles as if they were a small tickle at best, a minor irritation at worst. The only thing this monster has over Godzilla is the ability to lay way more than one egg at a time.

You know as corny as Final Wars was, the saving grace of that film was..

Seeing the Real Godzilla wreck Zilla's shit.

Probably could have chosen a better Rock song though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I've had movie nights with friends where we specifically looked up the worst movies we could find, just for the lulz. It can be pretty fun to sit and watch 3-4 movies like that, especially when there's alcohol involved. Those movies get to the point where the acting and such is so bad that it's funny.
    Yeah, I when I think of worst, it's not necessarily how bad the movie is but how bad the experience of watching the movie and what it adds/offers. I'm a fan of a lot of "it's so bad, it's good" movie, so even if the movies are technically bad themselves, my experience watching the movies is generally good.

What qualifies as a bad viewing experience comes down to whether I'm entertained or not. Unfortunately, there's quite a bit of mainstream movies/content that are primarily a platform for espousing the political/social views of the directors/producers with the priority of entertaining the audience a distant second (or third, fourth, etc.). It's always been done on some level, but more recent movies just either bore me to death or annoy me because the creators lack any self-awareness. Furthermore, movies that take an established franchise, whether gaming or cinematic, and run it into the ground tend to fall into this category. Movies that spit in the faces of the audiences/fans are shockingly not that entertaining, either.

This is why something like the Star Wars new trilogy (at least the last two films) would be considered a 'worst' in my book: despite there being tons of movies that are worse on a technical level (especially from a visual/sound perspective), what the films try to do and ends up doing to the franchise is much more impactful in a negative way than any technically trash B-movie that no one knows or remembers could ever do. Another way of saying this is that there are way more incompetent movies than the Star Wars trilogy, but the overall effect of said trilogy is way more devastating to where the viewing experience can be so much worse.

Outside of an established franchises? Hmm, that's hard to think of, as the market is saturated with awful movies to where it's easy to forget about them. Last film I saw in theaters that was such a bad experience outside of established franchises was probably The Emoji Movie. I know it's not the worst I've seen overall, it's just the only one I can remember w/o my eye twitching too badly.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Im usually really picky when it comes to movies and do a lot of research before watching so I can only remember 2 really bad movies I disliked.

Birdman and Snowpiercer. I guess I expected Birdman to be an alternative superhero movie, kinda like the Watchmen. And Snowpiercer was just .. really stupid. Like why the hell did they have to be on a moving train? That's just an accident waiting to happen as there was no one to maintain the tracks or fix the train. Literally anything else would have worked better, even an igloo.

my brother took me to watch disaster movie when it released in theaters. the movie sucked and my brother is a bad judge of things.

This year The Irishman.

In general, there are to many to honor just one with this title. Dumb & dumber 2, Batman vs superman, Elektra, Iron man vs captain america, Hobit trilogy, Star wars new trilogy,... Star trek beyond(I still don't get it how they made such a bad movie after two more than solid ones...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Battlefield Earth.
    If you haven't seen it, you need to.
    When the credits roll, you will be a different person, knowing that if you can withstand 2 hours of this film, you can withstand anything.
    It will literally change your perception on bad movies and make what you thought was the worst seem like an Oscar-worthy best picture.
    It will take your entire constitution to not walk away from that movie dumber and bleeding from your eyeballs.
    Me and my two friends held out for an hour then we decided to stop. We love to watch "bad" movies, but Battlefield Earth is beyond bad.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    TLJ
    Honestly, would have said this was an edgy take if it were still close to release, but I have to say I've never left a theater more disappointed in a movie in my life. Felt like a 300 million dollar fanfic written by a kid in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    This year The Irishman.

In general, there are to many to honor just one with this title. Dumb & dumber 2, Batman vs superman, Elektra, Iron man vs captain america, Hobit trilogy, Star wars new trilogy,... Star trek beyond(I still don't get it how they made such a bad movie after two more than solid ones...)
    Shame on you, sir or madam. I've legit watched The Irishman 30 times already.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    What is the next level from boring? Solaris...

According to IMDB, the worst movies i`ve watched and remember watching are Catwoman and Captain America, which i dont agree with at all, Catwoman i didnt really care for, but i very much enjoy Captain America

I mean, Batman and Robin was terrible, but it was so terrible that it`s amusing..

Not another Not another movie, that was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Honestly, would have said this was an edgy take if it were still close to release, but I have to say I've never left a theater more disappointed in a movie in my life. Felt like a 300 million dollar fanfic written by a kid in high school.
    Rian Johnson did an incredible job fixing the mess that Abrahms handed him. TFA was a steaming pile of dogshit and represents one of two times I've fallen asleep in a theater (the other being one of the Transformers movies). This is apparently a controversial opinion to have on the internet but I think a lot of the hate the movie gets is entirely unjustified and most of it is people who've conditioned themselves to blame the movie for problems that weren't solely the result of decisions made by Johnson. To be clear, I don't think the movie is a masterpiece. But I see a lot of people deride its director as if he personally took a shit on their doorstep and cuntpunched their dying grandmother with a lawn dart. It's like hating on TLJ has become its own rite of passage and if you don't agree it's the cinematic equivalent of a hydrochloric acid enema you're not a real Star Wars fan.

Anyway, worst movie I've seen in the last few years: The Dead Don't Die. It's a zombie movie that breaks the fourth wall more often than it should. I fucking love Adam Driver and Bill Murray but this movie failed on every fucking level. One character repeatedly laments, "This isn't going to end well" as if he's speaking directly to the audience. Spoiler alert: He is. It's a pointless, dumb movie that thinks it's quite a bit more clever than it actually is. Tilda Swinton is the best thing about the movie but her character is so fucking weird that it's hard to understand what her motivations are. Or really, what anybody in the movie's motivations are. It seemed like they were going for Cabin in the Woods meets Evil Dead but it reads like a corny student film too far up its own ass for any of its self-depricating comedy to land.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-11-20 at 07:53 AM.

I'll break it down to two things here:

1) The worst movie I've seen from a technical perspective (terrible script, awful acting, poor direction, ridiculous effect, etc...): Mortal Kombat Annihilation

2) The movie that I personally disliked the most but can say that it does have some redeeming qualities: Star Wars The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    What is the next level from boring? Solaris...
    The George Clooney version is a bit boring (as are most Soderbergh films) but the visuals were pretty unique and the ending was cool.

The 1972 original, on the other hand, is a Russian 2001 Space Odyssey and one of the best films ever made. I'd strongly recommend checking it out if you haven't as Soderberg's remake doesn't even come close.

Safe pick is anything at cannes tbh.

Oceans 8(the female version) is one of the worst for me. Not because it has females actors. Simply because its pure shit. The female ghostbusters might be even worse. Its a tie.

7+ Year Old Account

Just thinking about that movie makes me cringe

A friend of mine use to work at Blockbuster, in the early 2000s. He got free rentals, so he would go through their library and watch every movie they had. He subjected me to the single worst movie I've ever seen. A bunch of the movies listed are really bad, but woah, I wasn't prepared for what my friend did by making me watch......Dracula 3000.

Holy shit, it was the worst thing I've seen on DVD. The "worst" part about watching it, was that this friend didn't even finish watching the movie, he passed out about 30 minutes in.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Last Airbender. I watched the cartoon and the movie was just horrendously bad. The fucking lead actor couldn't even say his character's name right. It was like none of the actors, writers, directors or producers had even watched a single episode of the source material

Whole Disney trilogy