Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should come with a complete inventory/bank/gold/gear wipe.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Please don’t start this nonsense again. Games get rereleased all the time with just graphical updates with box prices staying the same. You’re being ridiculous
    The rereleases have updated graphics and don't require a subscription. Expecting people to pay for TBC with absolutely no changes to the graphics or anything new added is what's truly ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s because we are discussing tbc not classic. So we can’t use tbc items because we clearly don’t know exactly what the prices will be. And even still most of tbcs resources are in the world and highly contested. A lot of classic mats you can solo in dungeons. Massive difference.

I’ll give you one example of something in classic you can think about. Edge masters. When classic was released and people were fresh 60, these things went for what, 400-700g? Maybe? Now they can go for as high as 7k gold?

If they didn’t fix black lotus god knows what they would be up to. At one point they were sitting at 250-350 gold on some servers which was insane.

Even with the fix it is around 150g. 150g for mats for one flask for your raid, some people cringed at the idea of having to respec every raid which costs 100g total if you respec back after. Throw in a new player into a system where god knows how much primal mights are going to be, where they have no epic flying, and just tell them to go out and ‘farm’ it themselves in the HIGHLY contested areas for primals or better yet tell them to go mine/herb on their 60% flyer which probably made them broke getting while everyone else is soaring past them at 220% more speed than them.

Gold buying will be the new meta if nothing is changed. Full stop. I even told my friend if he comes back and seriously wants to play just to drop $80 and he will have enough gold for his flyer so he can at the very least compete a little bit. Why spend hours and hours and hours just barely making any gold on a 60% flyer when you can just maybe work a couple more hours at work for a week and get the mount that way.
    You actually encouraged people to buy gold? That....really tells me everything I need to know, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    you can just farm your own gold... stop bringing the retail "im entitled to everything" mentality into classic please.
    Didn't even read what I posted, sigh.

Carry on, mmochamp brainlets.

All currency should be wiped when there is a fresh newborn as its not fair for the newborn to come into this world poor
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Most games don’t usually come with a sub what’s your point? WoW has always had a sub, if they charge for tbc, and they actually provide meaningful support (more than classic did) a box price and sub are justified.
    First of all, they won't do that. They didn't do it for classic, they won't do it for classic TBC.

If they DID do that, I'd be out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    There wasn't nearly as much gold floating around back in vanilla as there is now.

While naxx consumes were always a time investment, and I don't have a problem with that, the new normal of the economy in classic has worsened the situation for newer/returning players.

Greater shadow prot pots are going to be like 12g each (and frost pots around 6-7g each), and people who aren't already rich can only farm like 50-70g an hour. This is going to setup some hard choices for alot of people (i.e farm longer than you raid for, which is wacky, or buy gold).
    they should just farm the mats themselves. It's time consuming, that's why it costs so much. Each of those greater shadow protection potions requires a shadow oil, and like almost nobody farms the fadeleaf and grave moss to make those. That's why they're so expensive, because they require 4 of each of those herbs per oil. And they're in demand, so price is going up. It's not really anything to do with inflation, directly. Because buying the mats and making them directly is also an option.

The point I'm trying to make - and this is also directed at 'new players' who want to get ahead - if you're buying your consumables directly off the AH, you are paying a premium for something that you don't necessarily have to pay a premium for. Skill up alchemy, craft them yourself, or, get a guildie who is an alchemist to craft them for you. You don't HAVE to pay the AH tax.

And I was there for naxx back in vanilla. Trust me, we farmed a lot longer than we raided. That's just how vanilla was.

Last week a guildie was in a gdkp bwl run, dft dropped, and went for 40k gold... To a person whos overall gear was made u of random shitteir mc and bwl epics.

I don't want a tbc launch where alot of player power comes from crafting in an economy where p2w:ers can get their hands on 40k gold.

- - - Updated - - -

There wasn't nearly as much gold floating around back in vanilla as there is now.

While naxx consumes were always a time investment, and I don't have a problem with that, the new normal of the economy in classic has worsened the situation for newer/returning players.

Greater shadow prot pots are going to be like 12g each (and frost pots around 6-7g each), and people who aren't already rich can only farm like 50-70g an hour. This is going to setup some hard choices for alot of people (i.e farm longer than you raid for, which is wacky, or buy gold).
    Its gonna be better now, you wont spend 5hours 6days a week for 15-20 weeks to kill kt this time around. Infact, im expecting him to fall on week1 for us.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Why and for what would people in classic be saving for in BC right now? As it stands, there hasn't even been talks from Blizzard about having a BC-classic server so what exactly would people right now be saving for in BC?
    The survey they sent out about How should BC classic launch, not whether it should launch was a pretty dead giveaway. You can count on it coming. They don't do the surveys for no reason. For example, they did survey before the BC one, about expansion packages, prices and which players would like to see, and buy. Well, guess what, Shadowlands ended up having multiple package options from basic, to more expensive with transmogs, game time, mount and so forth. Precisely what the survey was asking about prior to that.

I got picked for the expansion pack survey, didn't get the BC one though this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by ntlntl View Post
    The situation now is different from years ago. A new problem arose requires action.
    If your problem is other people have more gold than you, and thats the reason you want them to reset the gold I say good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by durenas View Post
    First of all, they won't do that. They didn't do it for classic, they won't do it for classic TBC.

If they DID do that, I'd be out.

- - - Updated - - -

they should just farm the mats themselves. It's time consuming, that's why it costs so much. Each of those greater shadow protection potions requires a shadow oil, and like almost nobody farms the fadeleaf and grave moss to make those. That's why they're so expensive, because they require 4 of each of those herbs per oil. And they're in demand, so price is going up. It's not really anything to do with inflation, directly. Because buying the mats and making them directly is also an option.

The point I'm trying to make - and this is also directed at 'new players' who want to get ahead - if you're buying your consumables directly off the AH, you are paying a premium for something that you don't necessarily have to pay a premium for. Skill up alchemy, craft them yourself, or, get a guildie who is an alchemist to craft them for you. You don't HAVE to pay the AH tax.

And I was there for naxx back in vanilla. Trust me, we farmed a lot longer than we raided. That's just how vanilla was.
    Not exactly sure what your argument is here, i'm aware they can just farm it themselves. But that costs them time instead of gold.

I have no idea how long it would take to farm a weeks worth of protection pots for naxx, but I suspect it's longer than you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    If your problem is other people have more gold than you, and thats the reason you want them to reset the gold I say good luck.
    I have more gold than most, and I want a reset/limit.

Because i've been in the mmo game long enough to realize it would be healthy for the game, going into BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Last week a guildie was in a gdkp bwl run, dft dropped, and went for 40k gold... To a person whos overall gear was made u of random shitteir mc and bwl epics.

I don't want a tbc launch where alot of player power comes from crafting in an economy where p2w:ers can get their hands on 40k gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Its gonna be better now, you wont spend 5hours 6days a week for 15-20 weeks to kill kt this time around. Infact, im expecting him to fall on week1 for us.
    An excellant point about early BC.

Crafting is NUTS in early BC, and people going into it being able to buy tons of BiS right away is goofy.

BC is most likely going to be overall easy anyway, i'd like a reset because it would keep me interested in the game longer, before I quit from boredom from overly easy raids.

Honestly, I hope they give us a fresh BC realm option. Cause skipping dungeons cause you're in full naxx gear sounds pretty lame as well.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-11-20 at 08:46 AM.

it would be healthy for the game
    Why? That sounds extremely selfish.

It's selfish from both side wanting to start fresh if you didn't play classic and hoarders from classic wanting to move all their inflation with them.
    Imo best option would be fresh start with just xp buff from 1-60 but that is maybe too harsh for some who have leveled many classes in classic so instead character copy, gear is stripped (given some green/blue items to start), gold is removed but you keep your mounts and title.
    Naxx gear will make the content trivialized especially if they release the game like it was in the 2.4.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    I have 10k now, AT the end of naxx, that could be 30k.
    I want them to reduce/cap gold for the greater good. I have played enough MMO game to understand how inflation looks like. It is not fun for class that isn't made for farming.

It's like DKP reset each raid tier, the ranking is somehow intact but the overall points got reduced significantly.

Actually I changed my mind. Blizzard should totally do this.

They should make a poll like this, all who vote for a reset get their gold reset, all who vote no gets to keep it. This would make everyone happy.

3+ Year Old Account
    No. NO CHANGES, just like it was back in 2017. Don't touch my hard-fought earned gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post

They should make a poll like this, all who vote for a reset get their gold reset, all who vote no gets to keep it. This would make everyone happy.
    I absolutely agree with you here.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

We don't even need Blizzard to do this. Anyone who wants their gold deleted, just send it to me, I'll take care of it.

completely missing the point of an economy reset I see.
    The idea is to undo the massive gold inflation caused by gold farmers and the economy imbalance caused by the AH moguls

Quote Originally Posted by ntlntl View Post
    I have 10k now, AT the end of naxx, that could be 30k.
    I want them to reduce/cap gold for the greater good. I have played enough MMO game to understand how inflation looks like. It is not fun for class that isn't made for farming.

It's like DKP reset each raid tier, the ranking is somehow intact but the overall points got reduced significantly.
    What inflation? I can buy my weekly raid pots/elixirs with raw gold looted from raids and I play in one of the biggest servers.

Well... people who start for BC will be quite fucked. But i get why poeple don't want a wipe.

The amount of money you will have to farm for day to day consumables to even remotly keep up with the money other people have in the market will be... crippling...

We will see. I will most definetly play BC, but if it is a requirement for me to farm multiple hours a week to keep up with the prices of those moneybags i probably quit rather fast again. But again my problem. I am not interested in classic as my class is shit in classic. So i don't have the money to keep up if BC releases.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The rereleases have updated graphics and don't require a subscription. Expecting people to pay for TBC with absolutely no changes to the graphics or anything new added is what's truly ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

You actually encouraged people to buy gold? That....really tells me everything I need to know, honestly.
    Hey bud, classic wow has updated graphics, so will tbc. I hope you know that.

Also, yeah I did encourage people to buy gold, if nothing gets changed. Why wouldn’t I?