Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Multiboxing strikes back!

As Blizzard announced loudly, multiboxing is allowed. Just don't broadcast input. The most of haters decided that it will ruin the multiboxing. Now let's look at reality's face!

1. The most annoying part of multiboxing - farming flocks of owls - didn't hurt at all. They still can fly by following and gather. Just spend a little more time per node for alt-tab switching. And even this delay can be mitigated greatly (see an explanation below).

2. The second annoying part of multiboxing - open-world PvP - has been hurt only partially. Multiboxers can't fight with all characters simultaneously, but still "have several lives" which is a huge advantage.

3. The harmless part of multiboxing - leveling and instancing - looks to be hurt the most. Yes, but not so much due to 2 brilliant ideas!

Idea 1. Reassign Alt-Tab hotkey.

Instead of switching windows via Alt-Tab, which legal multiboxers are had to use now, one can switch by the same keys as in-game hotkeys.

For example, if the player uses "1" or "2" for damage, he/she can reassign Alt-Tab to 1 and 2. The WoW client sees 1 and activates a spell, the Windows sees 1 and switches to another WoW client. So to damage by 3 characters, he/she just need to press "1" or "2" three times. The same works for mounting, drinking, etc.

Moreover, this idea works for Interact-With-Mouseover and Interact-With-Target hotkeys. So there is no need to pressing switch when gathering and looting/interacting.

And finally, it works with mouse clicks. If switch windows by, let's say, right-click with a shift, the gathering of a node by 5 characters is just 4 more clicks!

Idea 2. Use the mouse wheel as a hotkey for damaging.

Rotating a wheel is much easier than repeatedly pressing a key. The turn causes the damage and the switch. This idea makes damaging by all (!) characters as easy as browsing internet pages.

Certainly, you have only two damage hotkeys in that case (wheel up and down). But paired with Gnome Sequencer addon, a multiboxer will have a good enough rotation.

That reassigning can be done by some windows tweaking programs, simple WoW windows switching utilities, or even beginner programmers can do it as homework. This comes us to a logical conclusion:

"I'll be back." (C) Terminator
    My own project - an easy and legal multiboxing software: Wow Switcher.

You still have to tab through manually all clients if you want to loot something or gather herbs or mine ores.

You fail to realize that this "new multiboxing" is pure shit and zero fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil2 View Post
    1. The most annoying part of multiboxing - farming flocks of owls - didn't hurt at all. They still can fly by following and gather. Just spend a little more time per node for alt-tab switching. And even this delay can be mitigated greatly (see an explanation below).
    This was the intended behaviour. This is why they still allow multiboxing, so this is exactly as Blizzard wanted players to behave. Nothing fancy or Breaking News about it.

2. The second annoying part of multiboxing - open-world PvP - has been hurt only partially. Multiboxers can't fight with all characters simultaneously, but still "have several lives" which is a huge advantage.
    They have the advantage, yes, but not as much as before. And compared to the ensured victory before, it's a massive downgrade. Play smart and you can still kill them all.

As for the rest of your post, well, it's still nothing Breaking News-worthy. It's what Blizzard intended even if they didn't outright state it had to be done this way.

I just set up wit hardware splitting my keyboard/instead of the software. Was back up and running the next weekend and have recieved no warnings (as I'm not running the software warden doesn't get flagged.)

0 changes from before, no delay, no alt tabbing. Just a lot of butthurt virgins /w me telling me I'm going to get banned kek

People use multibox because solo experience is shit in this game now. It's not players' problem. It's devs' problem, that they constantly overtune and overcomplicate things, trying to force group content on players.

So, ether:
    1) Make solo experience better
    2) Allow legal bots, such as using alts as pocket healers/tanks, etc.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Blizzard announced loudly, multiboxing is allowed. Just don't broadcast input. The most of haters decided that it will ruin the multiboxing. Now let's look at reality's face!

3. The harmless part of multiboxing - leveling and instancing - looks to be hurt the most. Yes, but not so much due to 2 brilliant ideas!

Instead of switching windows via Alt-Tab, which legal multiboxers are had to use now, one can switch by the same keys as in-game hotkeys.

For example, if the player uses "1" or "2" for damage, he/she can reassign Alt-Tab to 1 and 2. The WoW client sees 1 and activates a spell, the Windows sees 1 and switches to another WoW client. So to damage by 3 characters, he/she just need to press "1" or "2" three times. The same works for mounting, drinking, etc.

Moreover, this idea works for Interact-With-Mouseover and Interact-With-Target hotkeys. So there is no need to pressing switch when gathering and looting/interacting.

And finally, it works with mouse clicks. If switch windows by, let's say, right-click with a shift, the gathering of a node by 5 characters is just 4 more clicks!

Rotating a wheel is much easier than repeatedly pressing a key. The turn causes the damage and the switch. This idea makes damaging by all (!) characters as easy as browsing internet pages.

Certainly, you have only two damage hotkeys in that case (wheel up and down). But paired with Gnome Sequencer addon, a multiboxer will have a good enough rotation.

That reassigning can be done by some windows tweaking programs, simple WoW windows switching utilities, or even beginner programmers can do it as homework. This comes us to a logical conclusion:

Way to put lipstick on a pig.

as long as multi boxing gets harder and harder, Im getting happier and happier. Cheaters need to stop cheating!

Keep going BLIZZ!!!

I have literally zero issue with someone manually controlling multiple accounts to multi-box. I'm just not ok with someone playing one account and getting the benefit of a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    People use multibox because solo experience is shit in this game now. It's not players' problem. It's devs' problem, that they constantly overtune and overcomplicate things, trying to force group content on players.

So, ether:
    Find another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arinitty View Post
    I just set up wit hardware splitting my keyboard/instead of the software. Was back up and running the next weekend and have recieved no warnings (as I'm not running the software warden doesn't get flagged.)

0 changes from before, no delay, no alt tabbing. Just a lot of butthurt virgins /w me telling me I'm going to get banned kek
    Just dont complain if you do get banned. Imitating the same behavior using different methods is risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Arinitty View Post

xD What's this post about?

It's like a botter saying he will not be banned because he is using this new special software that is not yet found by warden.

Private bots of all kinds are running for over a decade now without being banned, does not mean it is allowed. Also everyone will know that you multibox, so player reports will still get you easily, doesn't require warden at all. xD

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post

So, ether:
    Are you serious?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

There are already software and hardware solutions that are much better than this. But they're a massive pain in the arse to set up. Anyone using multiboxing to make chores less tedious is unlikely to bother with them. The only people that will are those that use multiboxing to control a massive army of easy to make bots and use that to sell gold.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2020-11-20 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    And the Totenwall is back. I love it ������������

It does fix the 40 players mining/herbing the same node simultaneously and getting 40 mats all at once. Also with your alt tab that would work but again your not going to do that on many many instances of the game(5+ that gets really repetitive and not fun)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    You still have to tab through manually all clients if you want to loot something or gather herbs or mine ores.
    No, you are wrong.

It works well for the gathering as well. Let's see the proof: https://youtu.be/YmYzdxCNsFE
    My own project - an easy and legal multiboxing software: Wow Switcher.

While true, I'd argue this is a positive for PvE folks/non-gatherers. I'm not looking to go back to early Legion where DPS potions were going for 1.2k gold EACH I'm all for multi-accounters crashing the herb prices. Herbalists will still make an absolute killing at the start of the expansion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue was command splitting being functionally little different from botting.

If someone wants to tab through ten windows to issue the same command... I have very little problem with that. That gives other people actual time to act in harvesting the same nodes and so forth.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    herbing on just 1 character is pure shit and zero fun too. so that won't really change much, if you happen to have an extra account active there are zero downsides to use it when herbing.

Nice to see people have found creative ways to keep multiboxing, I root for you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Look at you deciding "fun" for other people.