Poll: Should we wipe gold?

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Hey bud, classic wow has updated graphics, so will tbc. I hope you know that.
    He obviously meant more extensive graphic changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    He obviously meant more extensive graphic changes.
    Can only update them so much if you’re tied to your art style

What is there to spend gold on in tbc anyway? Flying and bags? Who cares. NO to wiping gold. Such an idiotic complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    An excellant point about early BC.

Crafting is NUTS in early BC, and people going into it being able to buy tons of BiS right away is goofy.

BC is most likely going to be overall easy anyway, i'd like a reset because it would keep me interested in the game longer, before I quit from boredom from overly easy raids.

Honestly, I hope they give us a fresh BC realm option. Cause skipping dungeons cause you're in full naxx gear sounds pretty lame as well.
    Hmm, id rather not level another char 1-60 tbh.
    And if they go with an early patch heroic dungs require revered so we will be doing plenty of dungs anyway.

and if they go with a 2.1 or later patch... well, im not sure i will bother with tbc then tbh. everything got so nerfed it will feel like mc/bwl classic experience all over again.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

A full wipe would be the gold sellers dream. Their bots will still be generating lots of gold to sell but now they can sell it for a ton more. People having gold isn't the issue its how they are getting it. More has to be done to get rid of bots and players buying gold. Accounts should be investigated if they have been farming for more than X hours and large transactions need to be looked at. A gold wipe only will hurts those that get their gold in legitimate means and helps those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilhom View Post
    If you can't understand how people with 30k+ gold, 7+ characters churning Primal Might and Tailoring cloth CDs, T4/T5 nerfs from 2.1->2.4.3 with Naxx gear to supplement the crafted gear is anything but healthy for the longevity of TBC then you truly are mistaken. Anyone that is farming Naxx regularly in classic will be raid logging within 2 weeks of TBC release due to these things. Not to mention the 60-70 leveling experience is brain dead easy with Naxx gear too. Fingers crossed they release fresh servers in tandem with the atrocious economies/experiences these transition servers will have.

Also, why do people keep trying to make this political? Government control? Like... what?
    If you can't understand that what other players do that doesn't affect your gaming experience IS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS, then I have nothing else for you, but you want to have the last word, so go ahead, have the last word. LOL
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendric View Post
    A full wipe would be the gold sellers dream. Their bots will still be generating lots of gold to sell but now they can sell it for a ton more. People having gold isn't the issue its how they are getting it. More has to be done to get rid of bots and players buying gold. Accounts should be investigated if they have been farming for more than X hours and large transactions need to be looked at. A gold wipe only will hurts those that get their gold in legitimate means and helps those that don't.
    You joking? A gold wipe is a gold sellers worse nightmare. They lose all the illegal gold they have stock piled over multiple servers, people are way less to spend money on gold because the price per gold would be insanely high so no one buys, and now you have no gold to carry your way through while you have to level your characters all across every server as well as find your new farming spot.

If anything hurts gold sellers MORE it’s a gold wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Don't you love these posts that actually give those "plenty" reasons that apparently exist.

I honestly don't get it why people even think there should be a gold wipe now when it wasn't back in TBC. Why is this "re-star" as legacy suddenly special?

And ofc OP doesn't offer his opinion either
    I just posted the poll to see what people wanted to say. There are plenty of arguments throughout this entire thread for both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    If you can't understand that what other players do that doesn't affect your gaming experience IS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS, then I have nothing else for you, but you want to have the last word, so go ahead, have the last word. LOL
    Instead of him having the last word, I'll give it to you. It's not an issue of what other people have more than others. It's an issue of inflation server wide on the effect it will have on EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. Trust me, if inflation happened in real life you wouldn't be saying "How much money I have doesn't effect you so just pay your $50 for your loaf of bread on a $7 minimum wage and shut up.

Whether you want to accept it or not, the amount of gold server wide effects everybody. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Call me old fashioned, but when you make a thread asking for opinions, it is common courtesy in my book to tell us what YOU think on the subject.

..and don't go all "I didn't want to skew results or derail the thread by offering my opinion" on me
    Why would I post my opinion on the opening post when I just want to hear peoples opinions? I have posted my opinion multiple times over this thread, putting it in the opening post doesn't change anything. If I just wanted to tell you my opinion I would have just made a regular thread explaining why I believe my point of view should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I absolutely agree with you here.
    Because WoW's playerbase has been known to be receptive to compromise and completely understanding of dissenting viewpoints when one side doesn't get what it wants, right?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because WoW's playerbase has been known to be receptive to compromise and completely understanding of dissenting viewpoints when one side doesn't get what it wants, right?
    Actually yeah the wow community sort of is. In text and forums and verbally? Hell no we complain more than anyone. But how many people completely disagree or straight up hate things that change to the game but always come back and play it hours on end because they still like the game?

If you just ignore what people say and follow their actions, yeah they do compromise very well.

Actually yeah the wow community sort of is. In text and forums and verbally? Hell no we complain more than anyone. But how many people completely disagree or straight up hate things that change to the game but always come back and play it hours on end because they still like the game?

If you just ignore what people say and follow their actions, yeah they do compromise very well.
    I'd love to believe that this community is as resilient as you seem to think it is. I strongly dislike the idea of game design by democracy and something like this would just make Classic more like OSRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Not exactly sure what your argument is here, i'm aware they can just farm it themselves. But that costs them time instead of gold.

I have no idea how long it would take to farm a weeks worth of protection pots for naxx, but I suspect it's longer than you think.
    Sure, it costs time. But it's gonna cost *someone* time. That's why they're expensive. Look at it from the flip side. If someone wants to make money, they can invest time into farming something that someone else wants to buy. Will it get you 10k gold in an hour? Of course not. But most of us aren't auction house goblins able to flip things and make thousands of gold per second. The money we make takes time to earn.

A week's worth of protection potions? I wouldn't even begin to guess, but I agree it does take a lot of time. But it's going to take someone that time, and no matter what the price is, it's always going to be what the market can bear.

I am getting the subtext that you don't like that it takes a long time to farm up the mats for consumables. It certainly wore us out during classic and early TBC before they did the consumables revamp. But it is what it is. And a gold reset would likely just ruin the economy, and not fix anything.

Wiping gold is dumb. If you want things to be fair and balanced there's a much more fair and balanced way to do it. TBC is fresh start servers only. If you don't love TBC enough to level a character from 1 - 70, then that's fine. Stay in Classic.

I'd love to believe that this community is as resilient as you seem to think it is. I strongly dislike the idea of game design by democracy and something like this would just make Classic more like OSRS.
    I mean it is fairly resilient IMO, obviously not 100% but it's pretty decent in my eyes just because of the amount of fuck ups blizzard has done and the fact that wow hasn't died yet because of it honestly astonishes me.

But yeah, I don't want WoW to turn into a democracy type of game like OSRS but I do believe blizzard can change certain things in the game to make it better.

Yes because fuck mages !
    JK , maybe limit it (talking 10k+) but wiping it all is too far imo , still fuck mages though

Punishing players who actually played Classic (and actually made it the success it is, despite all naysayers, which is the reason we'll also have TBC, keep that in mind) makes absolutely no sense.

Having invested a lot of time and effort into Classic, amassing some gold for my TBC needs (epic mount, etc), and having it all removed because some random Joe that didn't want to play Classic, but feels is unfair to start at a disadvantage in TBC, makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Punishing players who actually played Classic (and actually made it the success it is, despite all naysayers, which is the reason we'll also have TBC, keep that in mind) makes absolutely no sense.

Having invested a lot of time and effort into Classic, amassing some gold for my TBC needs (epic mount, etc), and having it all removed because some random Joe that didn't want to play Classic, but feels is unfair to start at a disadvantage in TBC, makes absolutely no sense.
    How do you propose hyperinflation to be addressed then? It will be a major turn off to potential new players if the only people able to afford anything in TBC are the ones who played in Classic.

How do you propose hyperinflation to be addressed then? It will be a major turn off to potential new players if the only people able to afford anything in TBC are the ones who played in Classic.
    The general argument I’m hearing from anti-gold regulation people is basically: “If you don’t want to be broke just go out and mine/herb/farm yourself”.

I don’t quite understand how this is such an easy accomplishment if 90% of people will be on 280% flyers and you’re stuck at 60% but that’s just me.

The general argument I’m hearing from anti-gold regulation people is basically: “If you don’t want to be broke just go out and mine/herb/farm yourself”.

I don’t quite understand how this is such an easy accomplishment if 90% of people will be on 280% flyers and you’re stuck at 60% but that’s just me.
    And that would be easier if everyone started at zero? Because those lazy bums would level faster, gather gold for flying and the mount faster, and actually farm faster than all the actual hardcore farmers or bots even?

I don't see that happening either.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

7+ Year Old Account
    No cause i spent alot of time thousands of hours getting epic mounts on all my characters..
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396