Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Expecting not to have your gameplay impacted by other players is a pretty big warning sign for an MMO. As others have said, there are ways to play around it, so it's not too big of a deal.
    Adding content that cause players to log off and not play is also a warning sign for an MMO. Ecouraging juvenile behavior is also bad for the game. All they had to do was make an opt out with Warmode. Everyone gets what they want and nobody actively stays logged off to avoid it. They could even go full out with the event instead of watering it down and still failing to prevent what they watered it down for.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-20 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So these past few days I have been noticing a good number of people in game not very happy with the zombie event and understandably so. People leveling up and having their quest NPCs killed over and over, they themselves are killed over and over due to the zombies being way above their level, and just general griefing throughout the game. There was an argument in general about it and I wanted to chime in but I had too much to say so I thought I'd wait and voice my full opinion about it here.

Now it doesn't really affect me most of the time since all the characters I play are max level but I did have a situation last night where I was doing the Nathanos WQ and there was a small group of zombies just fucking everything up. I ended up dying a bunch of times and when Nathanos was finally killed I didn't get credit for it since I was dead. So I had to wait until he respawned again. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have a whole lot of time to play and I wanted to get some shit done on there before I had to get off. This is when I started to understand why people hated this event. Like, the event itself is a cool idea and can be fun but the problem is that the douchebags of this game take advantage of it and turn it into a griefing event and that's when it stops being fun.

I'm not saying they should never do an event like this ever again because I genuinely think this is one of the best pre launch events (favorite was Legion invasions) but at least do something to lessen the amount of griefing that happens. Like, keep the zombie infection in and around the main city areas only instead of letting people go all the way out there so they can fuck up people's questing experience. That way people who don't want to bother with the event have a way to opt out of it and quest in peace. Have npc zombie invasions of the smaller camps and towns that lower level players can participate in and gain exp from. Maybe then more people would've been more welcoming of this event. The way it is now just feels like Blizzard turned on PVP for all servers and called it an event.
    Welcome to the zombie event

"HaRaSsMeNT" I am so sorry the mean ghouls are HARASSING you.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Adding content that cause players to log off and not play is also a warning sign for an MMO. Ecouraging juvenile behavior is also bad for the game. All they had to do was make an opt out with Warmode. Everyone gets what they want and nobody actively stays logged off to avoid it. They could even go full out with the event instead of watering it down and still failing to prevent what they watered it down for.

If these people that get pissed with the event log off and never log back the game environment whould be much more healthy, so it's a win/win.

It IS fun to be able to "break" the rules and mess with people on limited conditions and during a limited period of time. If you can't sit back and have a laugh even for a short period of time then you should consider taking a break from this game.

I think it's majorly lacking.

There's so few of them usually that I have to go out of my way to find the zombies.

Seriously, tune it up, and ignore the crying folk.

I participated in the last event, and hell, it was fun playing with a hordie as an ally in Westfall that I had no idea about until we died and then tried to speak to him... xD

There are no such vibes here. It's an occasional rampage per 2 hours in Goldshire that lasts less than a minute before people are phased... like wtf?

IIRC, the last event, you couldn't live at all if you were too far from the Argent Healer. And hell we even tried to kill the bastard. Think it even worked in some cases in Shattrath.

But seriously, if it doesn't ramp up this weekend, it's going to be remember as one of those puny launch events of the past. I don't even know to name the one before MoP. There was something with drakes in SW before Cata, defo. remember the scourge before Wrath. Didn't play in vanilla so no clue about BC. But yeah, after Pandaland(which unironically, was a very good expac.) I don't remember any of the launch events. Legion had some invasions in random zones but that is relatively recent. WoD, no clue, don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknalla View Post
    If these people that get pissed with the event log off and never log back the game environment whould be much more healthy, so it's a win/win.

It IS fun to be able to "break" the rules and mess with people on limited conditions and during a limited period of time. If you can't sit back and have a laugh even for a short period of time then you should consider taking a break from this game.
    Less players logging in is NEVER better for the game. Less players accelerates the games end. ANd who are you to tell me how to enjoy the game? Who are you to dictate to me what is fun? It is NEVER fun to mess with other people. I want to be able to play the parts of the game I like, not be forced into parts I don't. Anyone who thinks messing with others is fun has serious issues

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Yeah yeah, and the world is flat because you cannot see the curve, vaccines cause autism because Jenny Macarthy says so, COVID is a hoax because you do not know anyone with it, etc etc etc
    I'm working with my evidence vs hearsay and you want to call ME the antivaxxer and such? lmfao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Saying "it's on you" when a person gets flagged by walking into a city is positively asinine. Forcing people to be flagged despite opting out of war mode is garbage game design.
    So now you admit it's just the main city and not "every where"

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know where to begin. Even if you don't flag yourself, it happens as soon as you enter a big city. Whether you have war mode on or off, you have absolutely no say in whether or not you get flagged. It's forced pvp. Because if zombie players don't kill you, the players on the opposite faction simply waiting for someone to get involuntarily flagged absolutely will.

- - - Updated - - -

You're really going to say people aren't doing anything during this event to grief people. WoW is the same game that people will spawn camp you for hours just because they have a sadistic idea of fun. People absolutely are griefing others with this event simply because they can.

So go to IF instead of SW. You don't get flagged in IF.....

- - - Updated - - -

If you really can't understand why forcing people to partake in pvp just because they entered Stormwind or Orgrimmar is terrible game design and incredibly frustrating then I really don't know what to tell you.
    It's amazing how much your story has changed. You now admit it's just the 2 major cities, but a little while ago it was "everywhere"

I question if you are even playing and not bitching just to bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Had Blizzard not lied about players being able to opt out by turning off war mode, this thread wouldn't exist. Instead, they're forcing pvp onto players that want nothing to do with pvp. On top of that, people are griefing players around Nathanos/Icecrown rares by tagging them which disqualifies them from receiving loot. They're also swarming quest NPCs which is prevent players from leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't tell if you're purposely not reading everything I say or not. I'll say it AGAIN with the hopes you read it this time. Players have absolutely no choice in being flagged. Once you get hit by a player that's a zombie, you are immediately flagged for pvp and then are disqualified from receiving loot. So you should really stop saying "just don't flag" because all you're doing is showing you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yes they do. Stay out of sw/org

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Whelp they better remove all pvp then.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Seems night and day depending on server and/or faction. Got frustrated on one server and being blocked in Darkshire and Nathanos so I moved to an alt on another server and pretty much made it though with only the one incident. Quick run into the inn and logout for ten seconds to clear debuff and continued. I can see why some are saying "what's the problem" and others are getting frustrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has something changed? Yesterday there was none stop ghouls and skeletons everywhere, today haven't seen a single one or a plague crate/rat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

Whelp they better remove all pvp then.
    Just forced PvP. They had PvP/NPvP servers for a reason, warmode is a choice for a reason, queing for a BG for a reason, Legion PvP towers warned you for a reason, towers captures are optional for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just forced PvP. They had PvP/NPvP servers for a reason, warmode is a choice for a reason, queing for a BG for a reason, Legion PvP towers warned you for a reason, towers captures are optional for a reason.
    Odd. I'm not forced into this event? Had no problems not being flagged when not in SW? Even in SW there was nothing going on and could easily fly over it all. So I guess this event is ok too then right?

- - - Updated - - -

Hell I'll gladly admit I was wrong if 1 person can provide a video of them landing somewhere and getting flagged. Or getting flagged anywhere but SW/ORG.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Except yes it absolutely is griefing. In the Code of Conduct, detracting from other players' enjoyment of the game is punishable. Blizzard just randomly decided they won't enforce that rule for this event despite people saying they're being griefed over and over. There's a difference between infecting players just to be fun and killing quest NPCs and swarming Nathanos to prevent players from looting.
    Its an event where you can do whatever you want as a zombie for a short time, its not griefing no matter how many times you say it, its not against the code of conduct and even corpse camping isnt against the ToS because if you rolled a PvP server back in the day or choose to have WM on now it was your choice, its up to blizzard to say if its against the code of conduct not yourself.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Seems night and day depending on server and/or faction. Got frustrated on one server and being blocked in Darkshire and Nathanos so I moved to an alt on another server and pretty much made it though with only the one incident. Quick run into the inn and logout for ten seconds to clear debuff and continued. I can see why some are saying "what's the problem" and others are getting frustrated.
    ON my realm, the players have basicially told Blizzard as a whole that they aren't going to partake as nothing has been going on in Org/SW except people going about their business. Any ghouls that show up are immediately killed. Kind of fun watching their attempt at forcing people to be a part of it completely fail on my realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm of two minds on this event, just as I was back in WotLK. I do agree that when you're not actively involving yourself in it then it can be annoying. I was going to Mythic Nighthold the other night to continue farming Gul'dan for the mount when I encountered a barrier of infected zombies just barricading the entrance and making access to it difficult. That was annoying, albeit not insurmountable. But when you're actively participating in the event, either getting rid of zombies or being one yourself and trying to spread the Plague, it was all great fun and lots of people were swapping stories of defending the AH from a zombie raid intent on camping it.

All in all, I think at the end of the day the event is fun as a limited time thing, though. It can be annoying and time-consuming when you're not actively a part of it and just trying to get some things done - but that's offset by the fun of participation and just the connection of the event to the ongoing story arc. If this event were to go for several weeks the calculus might change a bit (tipping more toward annoying than fun), but as a really short event I think its okay. I'll put up with the annoyances for a week or two.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm of two minds on this event, just as I was back in WotLK. I do agree that when you're not actively involving yourself in it then it can be annoying. I was going to Mythic Nighthold the other night to continue farming Gul'dan for the mount when I encountered a barrier of infected zombies just barricading the entrance and making access to it difficult. That was annoying, albeit not insurmountable. But when you're actively participating in the event, either getting rid of zombies or being one yourself and trying to spread the Plague, it was all great fun and lots of people were swapping stories of defending the AH from a zombie raid intent on camping it.

All in all, I think at the end of the day the event is fun as a limited time thing, though. It can be annoying and time-consuming when you're not actively a part of it and just trying to get some things done - but that's offset by the fun of participation and just the connection of the event to the ongoing story arc. If this event were to go for several weeks the calculus might change a bit (tipping more toward annoying than fun), but as a really short event I think its okay. I'll put up with the annoyances for a week or two.
    I think its just designed poorly. Rather then using the infection mechanic they should of simply had the zombies deal direct damage. It rapidly becomes a chore going back and forth to cleanse yourself as you fight relatively harmless enemy players. It is made worse by their terrible idea to force pvp flags as the mechanic for allowing zombies to attack.

Zombies didn't really kill me this event on my fresh alts. Alliance camping the horde quest chain and slaughtering new characters with a raid of full raid gear proved to be the far more common and deadly threat.(Something I usual avoid by having warmode off on fresh toons)

Overall I would of enjoyed having the old scourge invasion back at least that came with some cool transmogs most people didn't get to keep since transmog wasn't a thing at that time.

Hell I'll gladly admit I was wrong if 1 person can provide a video of them landing somewhere and getting flagged. Or getting flagged anywhere but SW/ORG.
    I take it that you've not done Nathanos since the event went live?

It appears that Org and SW are the only areas that auto flag you for PVP but, from what I have seen, if you encounter a zombie and are attacked you are flagged for PVP regardless of what area you are in.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-11-20 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I take it that you've not done Nathanos since the event went live?

It appears that Org and SW are the only areas that auto flag you for PVP but, from what I have seen, if you encounter a zombie and are attacked you are flagged for PVP regardless of what area you are in.
    I killed him Wednesday I think it was. Aside from lag there were no issues. I never got flagged, it was before I even noticed SW was auto flagging me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I killed him Wednesday I think it was. Aside from lag there were no issues. I never got flagged, it was before I even noticed SW was auto flagging me.
    I think the PvP flagging is a bit bugged, to be honest. I tested this one of my alts as I was doing the intro quests so that I could go kill Nathanos for the iLvl 115 weapon drop - I left Orgrimmar and waited the 5 minutes for the flag to drop, the proceeded to the three NPC's and on to Crossroads to do the brief kill quest that finally sends you back to Org. At Crossroads I could see infected zombies about, and was totally able to attacked and infected by them. I verified I wasn't flagged beforehand, but I was as soon as a zombie tagged me. Made the quest a bit difficult to complete, but not impossible.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If there is a zombie in the area - and it seems to have become more popular over the last couple days - then you will be flagged as soon as they attack and to top it all off you don't get any loot if you are zombie (although if you use corpse explosion before his end scene you will).

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    From the official post regarding the prepatch event:

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...-launch-event/

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Tip: If you wish to be your true self you must visit an Argent Healer for aid, or use the Zombie Explosion! ability to expel the blight from your body, killing you and dealing high damage to enemies in the area.
    Going to the healer before being turned into a zombie helps.
    Show me the healer by Nathanos. I'll wait.

And blowing yourself up means running back from the graveyard, and if there are griefers around there's a good chance you'll just get reinfected when you respawn. Back in the original version of this event the disease could be cleansed by players if they were the right class, which made it a lot more bearable.