Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of it interfering in people getting credit for Nathanos, or being unable to loot IC rares because of it, these are the only instances I would refer to as griefing, and then only because of blizzard's poor implementation preventing people getting credit and loot.

Edit - also, I completed Exile's Reach and did NOT get the immunity buff that was promised, had to get the hell out of SW with my level 10 quickly.
    Last edited by draynay; 2020-11-20 at 02:49 PM.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I myself was turned in a zombie during Nathanos and had to rekill him a second time. Ideally people would kill the zombies when they appear as I was killed by another player when I got turned. However, I imagine most players were too focus on Nathanos to notice the zombie. I did not so got turn.
    With melee characters you can't see a thing and there's green all over the ground already, so the odds are if there are zombies there, you'll get infected. Ranged have a chance, but melee not so much.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If there is a zombie in the area - and it seems to have become more popular over the last couple days - then you will be flagged as soon as they attack and to top it all off you don't get any loot if you are zombie (although if you use corpse explosion before his end scene you will).
    That sounds like a bug and should be fixed. From what I can tell the intent was to make sw/org hot spots and everywhere else is "opt-in"

You won't really hear me argue against fixing that stuff, but the game isn't "unplayable"as some here are trying to claim.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    That sounds like a bug and should be fixed. From what I can tell the intent was to make sw/org hot spots and everywhere else is "opt-in"

You won't really hear me argue against fixing that stuff, but the game isn't "unplayable"as some here are trying to claim.
    Given the nature of the complaints surrounding this event - the last time it was run and since the announcement of its return - I would have thought that it would have been important to ensure that such bugs did not exist.

And regarding the little strawman at the end, whilst you can certainly get things done if you wish and avoid certain areas I can understand why players would rather do something else than being turned into a zombie for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-11-20 at 03:04 PM.

I never really thought about being a zombie at Nathanos. That’s actually a really good idea. I was thinking of high impact areas, and that one never really crossed my mind. I did find a spot in Kun Lai where the villagers respawn near instantly, so I was able to overrun that village with a few hundred zombies. Only problem was there wasn’t many players. I tried Nazjatar as well, but the mobs have too much health. I also tried Magni’s vault, but it seems to be a safe spot unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Not necessarily the game itself, but one part of this one time limited event is preventing the other part of this one time limited event (mileage varies by server and faction).

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its an event where you can do whatever you want as a zombie for a short time, its not griefing no matter how many times you say it, its not against the code of conduct and even corpse camping isnt against the ToS because if you rolled a PvP server back in the day or choose to have WM on now it was your choice, its up to blizzard to say if its against the code of conduct not yourself.
    Blizzard refusing to enfore it's code of conduct does not= it is not griefing. It is griefing. They simply refuse to enforce their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Adding content that cause players to log off and not play is also a warning sign for an MMO. Ecouraging juvenile behavior is also bad for the game. All they had to do was make an opt out with Warmode. Everyone gets what they want and nobody actively stays logged off to avoid it. They could even go full out with the event instead of watering it down and still failing to prevent what they watered it down for.
    What about the WM off people that want to participate? You guys just want to play wow in single player mode unless the game inconveniences you by making you rely on others to do things like riad

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    oh ffs.
    eat some concrete and harden up already,
    signed: people who did the wotlk event.
    You muffins don't even know the horror.
    I was there. I remember it fine. It sucked, and I wasn't even trying to gear alts at the time, and back then you could cleanse people before they turned.

All they needed to do to make this event work was leave it WM only, and then amp it up. Want to feel the chaos? Turn on WM. Got other things to do? WM off. However, I somehow don't think a lot of the people claiming it's fine as it is would've liked that, because they wouldn't be able to grief - they'd only have each other as 'victims'.

The forcing of the PVP flag is intentional as it is technically need for the zombies to attack people as it is still a PVP interaction despite one of the players being a zombie. Worthless event if there is no threat from the zombies

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    What about the WM off people that want to participate? You guys just want to play wow in single player mode unless the game inconveniences you by making you rely on others to do things like riad
    Turn on WM. The event is already the same as WM. Getting ganked isn't any different than being infected. You will find that everyone who loves the event already has no problem turning warmode on.

- - - Updated - - -

The forcing of the PVP flag is intentional as it is technically need for the zombies to attack people as it is still a PVP interaction despite one of the players being a zombie. Worthless event if there is no threat from the zombies
    No it isn't. Use Warmode as a toggle. Problem solved.

Turn on WM. The event is already the same as WM. Getting ganked isn't any different than being infected. You will find that everyone who loves the event already has no problem turning warmode on.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the player wants to attack as or defend from zombies, not players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    All they needed to do to make this event work was leave it WM only, and then amp it up. Want to feel the chaos? Turn on WM. Got other things to do? WM off. However, I somehow don't think a lot of the people claiming it's fine as it is would've liked that, because they wouldn't be able to grief - they'd only have each other as 'victims'.
    And that is what this boils down to. The only ones defending this are the griefers who get their fun by ruining the fun of others and getting them to rage quit. It is no longer fun for them if everyone they are playing with actually wants to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Blizz has not been the same without Greg Street (Ghostcrawler)... and they know it.
    Back in the day I railed against some of GC's team's design choices, but I do miss him. During LK he was very willing to communicate and engage with people, and explain why changes were made, and also in later beta periods. I never felt he was being dishonest about the reasons for things (which I've sometimes felt some of Blizzard's people have been since), and I never felt his motivations were bad (again, unlike some people more recently).

Im not asking you. Im telling you. The game itself allows a zombie to force the other player to flag so that the zombie can attack. Its a requirement for the interaction.

No, the player wants to attack as or defend from zombies, not players.
    As I said, Warmode. Problem solved. YOu get what you want and the players who don't want to be part of it get what they want. Also it is no different than being ganked. You are still being attacked by other players. You are being killed by other players. You an also defend other players. Everything you are doing with teh ghouls and other players you are doing while ganking. That is why Warmode is the simple solution that the devs aren't smart enough to use. They would rather tick off players than easily make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    On most servers it's pretty much a non-issue considering that zombies don't appear very often and are usually dispatched quickly and the event ends in 4 days anyway.
    And those 4 days are the last four days in which to farm the rares and Nathanos, which is a nice course of stuff for new alts (and of mounts and bags from the rares if you're lucky).

Blizzard refusing to enfore it's code of conduct does not= it is not griefing. It is griefing. They simply refuse to enforce their rules.
    its blizzard that make the rules and they implemented an event they have done before, this event is a kids version of the origional, the player is not the one who decides its griefing so you have been proven wrong by the simple fact blizzard have used this event in the past, blizzard dont even punish when using pvp tactics such as corpse camping and such.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Im not asking you. Im telling you. The game itself allows a zombie to force the other player to flag so that the zombie can attack. Its a requirement for the interaction.
    And I'm telling you, NPC's can attack you all the time even when your flag is turned off. So, you make it to where the zombie flags you when it attacks you. So, no it is not a requirement. As I told you, Warmode already has you flagged. The zombie doesn't have to force you to flag at all. Keep it to warmode and everyone is happy. Those that want to be a part of it can and those that wish not to can turn it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    its blizzard that make the rules and they implemented an event they have done before, this event is a kids version of the origional, the player is not the one who decides its griefing so you have been proven wrong by the simple fact blizzard have used this event in the past, blizzard dont even punish when using pvp tactics such as corpse camping and such.
    As I said, Blizzard refusing to enforce it';s rules does not make it OK. Speeding is illegal. You managing not to be pulled over by a cop for it doesn't make it legal.

As I said, Warmode. Problem solved. YOu get what you want and the players who don't want to be part of it get what they want. Also it is no different than being ganked. You are still being attacked by other players. You are being killed by other players. You an also defend other players. Everything you are doing with teh ghouls and other players you are doing while ganking. That is why Warmode is the simple solution that the devs aren't smart enough to use. They would rather tick off players than easily make everyone happy.
    So what if the entire event was AI driven but had the exact same outcome?

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm telling you, NPC's can attack you all the time even when your flag is turned off. So, you make it to where the zombie flags you when it attacks you. So, no it is not a requirement. As I told you, Warmode already has you flagged. The zombie doesn't have to force you to flag at all. Keep it to warmode and everyone is happy. Those that want to be a part of it can and those that wish not to can turn it off.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, Blizzard refusing to enforce it';s rules does not make it OK. Speeding is illegal. You managing not to be pulled over by a cop for it doesn't make it legal.
    You arent listening. The zombie is considered a player because its being controlled by a player. For players to fight, pvp has to be on and for the event to function it lets the zombie force pvp. I dont care about your hypothetical. Im telling you what is actually happening and why.