Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Expectations for Shadowlands Launch

Expectations for Shadowlands Launch
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The new Shadowlands content will become available on all realms on Monday, November 23 at 3:00 p.m. PST (6:00 p.m. EST). At that time, players who have purchased Shadowlands will receive the quest “Shadowlands: A Chilling Summons” to start them on their way through the shattered sky. We’ve collected a few other things to consider before that time, as well thereafter.

WoW’s 16th Anniversary will end at 10:00 a.m. PST on Sunday, November 22.

The Death Rising event will end one hour before Shadowlands launches. All prologue quests and world bosses will vanish at that time.

30 minutes before launch time, Battle for Azeroth Mythic Keystone dungeons will become unavailable.

At launch time, any Titan Residuum and Honor (a new currency introduced with the Pre-patch) will be converted to Silver and provided to your character(s). This is also the moment that the Uncorrupted Voidwing mount will become unavailable and the Mythic difficulty mounts from Jaina Proudmoore and N’Zoth the Corruptor will change over to a small chance on kill.

On the days after launch, we plan to do realm restarts during at the usual weekly maintenance time in each region. We’ll provide in-game notices for that, as always.

After Shadowlands launches, there will not be a new set of Battle for Azeroth weekly chests that correspond with the current week of activities (Nov. 17-23). Loot your final BFA weekly chests now!

There will be no Weekend Bonus Event or PvP Brawl for two weeks after the start of Shadowlands. The next Bonus Event and PvP Brawl will each kick off on December 8. Check your in-game calendar for details.

Some players have asked whether all world portals are staying in place, considering the portal adjustments made in (Legion) Dalaran with the launch of Battle for Azeroth, and the answer is yes. At this time, the various mage portal authorities are only adding a new portal: to Oribos.

We’ve got global release times here and patch notes for you here. The patch notes will be updated again next week with new Shadowlands content. See you in the afterlife!

Time to put all addons up to date.

Time to convert your Titan Residuum to GOLD before Blizzard convert it to silver.

175 TR => Chest item => 80 gold

vs

175 TR => 175s => 1.75 gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx96Wjw9-Co

The one true expectation that always emerges for us all, Lag.

If you have ray tracing on, I highly recommend taking it off for launch.

Also corgi classes are a must if you want to talk to any quest givers.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    As exciting as launch day is, I might give this one a day or two after Monday to settle down before diving in. Fighting with 800 people over quest spawns at 3 fps isn't fun. My experience has been that it's a much more enjoyable first time within a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Time to convert your Titan Residuum to GOLD before Blizzard convert it to silver.

175 TR => Chest item => 80 gold

vs

175 TR => 175s => 1.75 gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx96Wjw9-Co
    Thank you, didn't think about it. For those with plenty of prismatic manapearls you can do the same just in case Blizzard nerf the price sell of azerite armor.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...since I will not play before December due to work...cancel the "all of us"

But yeah...I shall have a good laugh at all the threads here complaining about an unplayable launch due to so many ppl...while apparently WoW was dead because of BfA
    Launch day not launch day(s) only the first day counts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Time to put all addons up to date.
    It's interesting how addons are saying "Out of date" with each patch. i always thought they would only show as out of date with a major path (9.0, 9.1). I think this is the first time they have done a 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 9.0.3 patch with a expansion launch

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    If you have ray tracing on, I highly recommend taking it off for launch.

Also corgi classes are a must if you want to talk to any quest givers.
    Ray tracing on in high pop areas.... 80 fps. Ray tracing on with 100 ppl killing a rare... 50 fps. Ray tracing on in a raid.. 170 fps.. Ray tracing off... 170 ish in high pop, 340 in a raid.. lol... also.. whats the corgi thing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    also.. whats the corgi thing about.
    They meant the Overtuned Corgi Goggles toy - it shrinks everyone's size down to corgis, so it's easier to click on the quest giver.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCorgi View Post
    They meant the Overtuned Corgi Goggles toy - it shrinks everyone's size down to corgis, so it's easier to click on the quest giver.
    From a source to trust, based on the name alone

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    From a source to trust, based on the name alone
    The username predated the toy, but my dog predated the username.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Fighting with 800 people over quest spawns at 3 fps isn't fun.
    It will be sharded to high heaven, I don't think you'll see morethan 20 people in any area if they don't form raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    It's interesting how addons are saying "Out of date" with each patch. i always thought they would only show as out of date with a major path (9.0, 9.1). I think this is the first time they have done a 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 9.0.3 patch with a expansion launch
    Most of them realy aren't. There have been only one change to the API, Addons no longer can automaticly delete items from your bags. The reason game says out of date is because each addon has to refrence the API version and because there have been a change the version has changed. All addons I have haven't been yet updated to 9.0.2 and they all work fine. For many authors the only change to update addons to that patch is to change API version number.

Also there won't be 9.0.3 at launch, 9.0.2 is the launch patch. They had to drop it few days earlier to ensure seamless launch so you won't have to log out downlaod a patch and log back in as soon as game luanches. They will just flip a switch and quest will pop up.

Carnage, as usual.

Foe the first time, the release date is in a public holiday where I live, so I will make sure to stay online at least an hour before launch

15+ Year Old Account
    Lag, servers going down for 30-180 minutes for a "hotfix" and then within another hour them going down for yet another "hotfix" repeated throughout the night, fighting other people for quest mobs...the usual

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Lag, servers going down for 30-180 minutes for a "hotfix" and then within another hour them going down for yet another "hotfix" repeated throughout the night, fighting other people for quest mobs...the usual
    Not true they are spliting people so that doesn't happen.

After Shadowlands launches, there will not be a new set of Battle for Azeroth weekly chests that correspond with the current week of activities (Nov. 17-23). Loot your final BFA weekly chests now!
    What does that mean, now? Chests are not available right now.. do they mean while/after launch? Or is there no chest at all this week?