Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So these past few days I have been noticing a good number of people in game not very happy with the zombie event and understandably so. People leveling up and having their quest NPCs killed over and over, they themselves are killed over and over due to the zombies being way above their level, and just general griefing throughout the game. There was an argument in general about it and I wanted to chime in but I had too much to say so I thought I'd wait and voice my full opinion about it here.

Now it doesn't really affect me most of the time since all the characters I play are max level but I did have a situation last night where I was doing the Nathanos WQ and there was a small group of zombies just fucking everything up. I ended up dying a bunch of times and when Nathanos was finally killed I didn't get credit for it since I was dead. So I had to wait until he respawned again. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have a whole lot of time to play and I wanted to get some shit done on there before I had to get off. This is when I started to understand why people hated this event. Like, the event itself is a cool idea and can be fun but the problem is that the douchebags of this game take advantage of it and turn it into a griefing event and that's when it stops being fun.

I'm not saying they should never do an event like this ever again because I genuinely think this is one of the best pre launch events (favorite was Legion invasions) but at least do something to lessen the amount of griefing that happens. Like, keep the zombie infection in and around the main city areas only instead of letting people go all the way out there so they can fuck up people's questing experience. That way people who don't want to bother with the event have a way to opt out of it and quest in peace. Have npc zombie invasions of the smaller camps and towns that lower level players can participate in and gain exp from. Maybe then more people would've been more welcoming of this event. The way it is now just feels like Blizzard turned on PVP for all servers and called it an event.
    Want some cheese to your whine ?

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But complaining about complaining that is so much more mature? On top of being the reason for the complaint in the first place?
    Not really complaining as much as Im telling you that you are wrong. Think of a parent disciplining their child.

Three more days, people. Take deep breaths and pet your comfort animal, you're going to be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Not really complaining as much as Im telling you that you are wrong. Think of a parent disciplining their child.
    Ok, you're not only obnoxious, but delusional. Just because you enjoy lopsided PvP does not make you superior in any form to me. So please, if you want to discuss this zombie event, try to keep it reasonable or just leave.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    Oh please...It's an invasion. They're easily avoidable and there are ways to be cleansed once infected. Suggesting people don't log in purely because of the event really is over reaching, so you can stop with the hyperbole.

You can answer questions with other questions.
    You completely dodged his questions sand didn't answer them at all because you don't have a good argument and don't want to admit it.

I literally said you can be upset. (Although even thats a bit much)But to be so upset to even make a thread.
    But you are trying to dictate how to be upset. That is all you have been doing;Trying to dictate to others how to act.

Life does go on. But if I wasnt here, does your complaint even make a sound?
    I am having debates with others. But you are the one in here getting bent out of shape and dictating to others how to act and feel and tell othgers to avoid the event if you don't like it. I am merely giving the same words back to you. Seems you don't follow your own words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That mount keeps eluding me...and I don't expect Skadi to drop it now. Hell...I got Clutch of ..whatever his name is in ToT and Invincible without even trying for them...so I am happy.

I am mostly judging this by the sheer amount of ppl showing up for kills even now. No wonder they are putting so many more mounts into SL.
    I don't have either of those, so we are even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngmonster The God View Post
    Want some cheese to your whine ?
    Yes, please, that sounds quite good.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

20 pages of ten year old arguments

He is not wrong. He is giving his opinions. Opinions are not fact. You are trying to project your opinion as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think its a 'right' in any real sense of the word. I just dont think you should get banned for participating in a blizzard event. I also think it comes across incredibly childish to complain about such things. Some people in here seem to be physically distressed and I find it very strange.
    And you are complaining about the complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can answer questions with other questions.
    Yes, you can sometimes but in this case yours isn't an answer to anything I asked you. What does me killing rares in Icecrown have anything to do with what I asked you? The question I asked was what good reason can you give me to justify forcing content on people. You said yourself that "opting out of this zombie PVP event should not be an option". I just would like to hear a good reason as to why you think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    20 pages of ten year old arguments
    Yet here you are caring enough about it to leave a comment. You could've read over a little bit of it, scoffed, and said to yourself "what a bunch of children" and moved on but you didn't. Guess you must be a 10 year old too then.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god I've been 'griefed' by this thing like 8 times now, its not that bad. Minor inconveniences shouldn't throw the whole game off for you, if it does, are you really having fun playing it, or are you just addicted to perfectionist play.

It's an event, smile, enjoy it, you won't get to do it for much longer.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Yet here you are caring enough about it to leave a comment. You could've read over a little bit of it, scoffed, and said to yourself "what a bunch of children" and moved on but you didn't. Guess you must be a 10 year old too then.
    yikes. i just wanted to show my bemusement about this whole thread. dont you think youre projecting a bit here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    yikes. i just wanted to show my bemusement about this whole thread. dont you think youre projecting a bit here?
    Well I'm the kind of guy who believes if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all. In your case you just jump in here make a snarky comment and leave the thread without looking at the 'huge explosion' you left behind you.

Sorry, but I just find comments like these really obnoxious and whenever I feel like it I'll call people out on it. Don't pretend to be high and mighty and act like you don't care because if you really didn't you wouldn't have commented in the first place. All I'm saying.

Yes, you can sometimes but in this case yours isn't an answer to anything I asked you. What does me killing rares in Icecrown have anything to do with what I asked you? The question I asked was what good reason can you give me to justify forcing content on people. You said yourself that "opting out of this zombie PVP event should not be an option". I just would like to hear a good reason as to why you think so.

- - - Updated - - -

My point about the ICC rares is that if you are killing them you are participating the pre patch event. That includes the zombies. You arent forced to kill ICC rares and I assume you are doing so voluntarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You say this, and yet don't happen to mention the MoP prepatch which I think speaks miles about how bad it was. :P

Going through Stormwind though is pretty active with zombies for me personally on my server.
    I'm not even going to lie, I don't even remember the MoP pre-patch event.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    Oh please...It's an invasion. They're easily avoidable and there are ways to be cleansed once infected. Suggesting people don't log in purely because of the event really is over reaching, so you can stop with the hyperbole.
    Not only are they easily avoidable, they are killable too.

If you are too weak to kill a zombie before his cast goes through... get a friend or two.

or just kick lmao. the cast time is 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    Yes, because it was completely unplayable. Right now is nothing in comparison to what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you clearly didn't understand what I wrote. Tag and be on the lookout for zombies. You CAN prevent being infected if you stay away from them. Even if you can't, except for the bag, no rare drops anything important. The currency allows you to buy every armor piece except jewelry that is just 10 ilvls lower than rare drops. If gear is what matters to you - buy from commendations that are easily farmed with dailies. Nathanos respawns every few mins. All of that gear will be replaced in a few levels in Shadowlands, in Bastion and Maldraxxus.And you can also farm that gear in M+ probably even at a faster rate, since you wait for 20 mins for each rare, then most likely not get an item, while a m +5-7 can be run within the same time and have a better chance of giving you an item.

So compare the fun people are having with a zombie invasion that happened for the 2nd time in 12 years, to a few gear pieces that you will forget about in a week. Zombies don't break the game, they are just an annoyance for a small group of stubborn egocentric people who only want things to go their way.
    So because other people are having fun griefing players in game, I need to not be upset about the event because MY fun isn't as important as theirs?

10+ Year Old Account
    My point about the ICC rares is that if you are killing them you are participating the pre patch event. That includes the zombies. You arent forced to kill ICC rares and I assume you are doing so voluntarily.
    Ok, but my main problem that I'm talking about in this thread is not the Icecrown content its just being forced to participate in PVP i.e. being automatically flagged when you enter a city and having to deal with obnoxious assholes who take advantage of the event to ruin the experience for other people who are actually TRYING to enjoy it. Like causing them to miss out on loot from a boss that they have been attempting several times.

This event is only around for a short time and if someone or a group of dochebags keep me from trying to get what I'm trying to focus on getting before I can't anymore it's going to annoy me and evidently others. The mentality of "it's fun for me so it should be fun for everybody else" is just an ignorant mentality to have.

That is seriously the ONLY thing people are upset about. If Blizzard were to put a little more effort in this event instead of recycling old content and sprinkling in a few dailies and rares to cycle through every 10 minutes and add in a way to opt out of PVP and have some AI controlled invasions in main cities and small towns where high and low levels can work together to thwart that reward gear or exp for completing this event would be awesome, probably the best one we would've ever had. I mean it's not anything Blizzard can't do or haven't done already so it's not like I'm asking for much. Instead we get this halfass excuse for an event.

But who cares right? It's just a couple of weeks. It's not like I want pre-launch events to actually be fun for everybody or anything.

Also you still didn't give any reason why content should be forced on people but it's fine whatever I'm over it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-11-20 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I'm not even going to lie, I don't even remember the MoP pre-patch event.
    Neither do I. Seriously, what was it? I can't remember it at all, and I refuse to Google it.