Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because that is reality.

You intake less and you will burn more naturally. If you add exercise to that plan you will burn more much quicker
    No I'll just be hungry and end up at taco bell
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Yes.

Who was saying drink water until it causes a pH disruption?

No one.

That's like saying, "hey eat more vegetables" and interpreting that as "eat only vegetables, 24/7, until your skin changes color."

Drink it so your pee is clearish - google it, there are charts.

Between you, this genius:

And this all-star:

Seems there may be a general comprehension problem in this thread.

There is no secret, or special method to weight loss. It's a very simple, straight forward process that requires - discipline.

It's ok if you don't have any, most people don't have adequate constraints in areas of their life they want to improve, but hey - your business.

And inb4, thyroid problem, insulin problem, EvErYOnE Is DiFfEreNt, YoUrE NoT A DoCToR, "my way is the only way."

Wanna prove me wrong? Post a photo of your body showing your methods (Which are?) are more sound than mine (and the general medical/scientific consensus) : Eat less food, drink more water, move your body.

The higher resolution of said advice - Restrict caloric intake to boost insulin sensitivity, drink 2L-5L of water daily (adjust for climate, weight workloads) and sweat everyday like the police are chasing you.

Remember, the cold will dehydrate you just like the heat will.
    saying just drink more water without knowing person's current situation is an issue... genius. you cannot just give wholesale advice and think it will 100% apply without knowing what individuals situation is like

assumptions make an ass out of you and me and all that jazz.

and the irony of you derisively saying "my way is the only way" while proclaiming EXACTLY that, while I'm arguing that there IS not single best way. every weight loss plan needs to be tailored to the individual.

and my posting my body and my methods is POINTLESS. because what works for me - may not work for another person. I have specific appetite issues, I have food intolerances, my age and height plays a role, my hormonal balance plays a role - my diet and exercise plan is TAILORED to both my needs and my weaknesses, my starting level of conditioning as well as equipment that I have available to me and goals I have for my performance (which may not be the case for someone else). and what I actualy enjoy doing and therefore am sticking to because its fun and I look forward to exercise instead of dreading it. same applies to my diet, I eat things I enjoy that make my body feel good (not in a hit of dopamine sense, in I can function as well as my body will allow sense) and therefore I can keep eating this way without feeling deprived

see this is why so many people have issues. they try to replicate exactly someone else's methods are and then discouraged when said methods do not give them the same results as the person they followed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    if you are starving on your diet - you need to adjust your diet not just calories, but WHAT you are eating. that's the secret - diets are supposed to be sustainable, what you eat in a caloric deficit should be what you eat for the rest of your life, just slightly less of it. and your deficit should never make you so hungry that you end up binging on junk food (although - taco bell has some decent options as well, but given that you'd be going there starving, you probably won't be making best of choices)

P.S. 5 liters of water a day? are you insane????? I can think of very few people for whom that amount is a correct one and none of them are people who are just trying to lose some weight.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-11-20 at 07:05 PM.

Portion control and exercise. I bike 10km every morning with now adding in weight lifting two days on one day off, I've went from 360 to 242 in about four years and I still eat pizza all the time. Cut back don't cut out. Don't go for the carnivore, Keto etc crap. It's all bad for you in different ways.

I was slower because I enjoy food immensely, I have a passion for it. If you don't enjoy food to that extent you can lose even faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are great foods that fill you up and are satisfying but are low-cal. Try incorporating more fibrous vegetables (carbs) if you can (ie: broccoli, green beans, gai lan, etc.) - you'll be satisfactorily full from that.

If you eat 2 parts fibrous carb, 2 parts protein, 1 part starchy carb (and no extra sugar in your drink) for every meal you'll honestly be hard-pressed to overeat because your meals will be so filling. One of the issues many people have is how they envision a balanced meal - usually it's loaded with starchy carbs.

Imagine a dinner meal of spaghetti - growing up in my house this would mean you covered your plate with noodles, added your sauce (or it was mixed in already), and maybe you had some meatballs on there with maybe a side salad or something. The key problem with that meal, (nutrition-wise at least, because it sounds delicious), is that your ratios are something like 3 parts starchy carbs, 1 part protein, 1 part fibrous carb (if the salad even had fibrous vegetables in it).

Not only are you not giving your body the protein it needs to build muscle adequately, but you're also loading it up with fast-burning starchy carbs that are processed so quickly you'll feel hungry an hour after your big plate of spaghetti. The parts of that meal that would really fill you up (protein and fibrous carbs) are reduced in favour of the part of the meal that you need the least.

TL;DR - try eating more fibrous carbs and trying to eat more of them than starchy carbs with every meal - you'll feel fuller and more satisfied for longer.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    How to lose weight?

Number 1 rule: Don't ask on a bloody forum...and especially not on a website dedicated to a game with some sub forums. Jesus...no wonder you have trouble with...anything....if you lack common sense. There are better places to find out about health issues.

If I tell you I lost weight by eating 3 pizzas every day...would you believe me? Well...it does work like magic...when you weight 500 pounds, just eating 3 pizzas a day makes the weight fly off ^^

Learning from average people on a general forum is much better then going to a health website pushing whatever fad diet of the year. At the very least, both are as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    "cardio is to much work"....
    Cardio as in running is also bad for you. Lift weights, bike, and swim. better for your heart and for your bones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Cardio as in running is also bad for you. Lift weights, bike, and swim. better for your heart and for your bones.
    How is running bad for you?
    Driving on Sunshine.

How is running bad for you?
    Destroys joints, enlarges the heart quicker than any other activity outside of being fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destroys joints, enlarges the heart quicker than any other activity outside of being fat.
    Humans are literally built to run. Unless you are running wrong you won't have those issues.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans are literally built to run. Unless you are running wrong you won't have those issues.
    That's not really true, lifetime runners invariably end up with joint problems even if they run with perfect form. Humans may be built to run, but our joints didn't evolve to run long distances on concrete/asphalt surfaces.

I don't disagree that running isn't inherently unhealthy though. The best exercise is the one you actually do. If that's running then go for it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I guess I've been doing it wrong for over 20yrs now. Maybe it's the arm weights I've been wearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's not really true, lifetime runners invariably end up with joint problems even if they run with perfect form. Humans may be built to run, but our joints didn't evolve to run long distances on concrete/asphalt surfaces.

I don't disagree that running isn't inherently unhealthy though. The best exercise is the one you actually do. If that's running then go for it.
    The joint issues are almost always from running wrong
    Driving on Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    there are always exceptions to the rule. but they are exceptions that PROVE the rule. fun fact about keto diet for example. it was developed originally for people with specific conditions, primarily epilepsy. and so its no surprise that some people do better with it. and yet many more people - do not. because one size does NOT fit all.

and carnivore diet is far FAR more restrictive then pretty much any other diet. so I imagine there are some people with certain conditions that could benefit from it. most people - will not.
    Not disagreeing, my point was just that meat isnt the boogie man that people think and vegetables and fruits arent the saviors

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically I guess you have a point. Maybe did have millions...hundreds or tens of thousands years ago. Nowadays...not so sure anymore. The "Humans are literally built to run" argument feels as wrong as the whole "Oh, we are supposed to eat meat because we have canine teeth"

Yeah...god luck using those to actually and really tearing into a carcass. In reality we nowadays cook meat to soften it and then cut it with knives before eating it. We are thousands of years away from what we were "literally" build to be.

Not least...build o run but use bikes, cars etc at every chance we get?
    That's not how evolution works.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Running enlarges your heart in the same way squats enlarge your legs. that is to say, in a good way

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok...this will open up another unwanted can of worms...but yeah...on an environmental basis (and for some people on a moral basis) meat is the boogie man - at least with the level of consumption that the world has reached now.

And with that off the table...fruit and vegetables can be the saviours.
    Yeah fruits and veggies are pretty good.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Not disagreeing, my point was just that meat isnt the boogie man that people think and vegetables and fruits arent the saviors
    they could be. both the boogie man AND the savior. depending on a person. some people need meat to get adequate nutrition. others are better off avoiding it. different people may benefit or suffer from different vegetables or fruits depending on their individual situation.

that is NOT accounting for production costs of meat, etc (and I say this as an omnivore. just cause I eat meat, doesn't make me blind to the drawbacks of production of said meat.)

10+ Year Old Account
    So how does it work...on whatever point I made that you dispute? No long explanation needed. Just toss me a link. I love to be educated.

Until then..we cook our meat...our bone structures weaken. Our teeth get fucked and we generally rely more and more on technical assistance and should our civilised world break down with our reliance on all the technology ...I truly believe we will be utterly fucked.
    It doesn't move on a timescale that fast.

There are many social things humans do that our bodies are exactly adapted to, and things we are adapted to doing that we don't anymore but if those individuals reproduce we still keep those traits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    That's....not a counter argument to eating less and more healthy?

And everybody knows White Castle>>>Taco Bell when you're starving at 3am
    But I don't have white castle here
    Driving on Sunshine.

To prove my above point...here is an example. How do you know EXACTLY how much calories you burn and consume? And even if you did...do you seriously think you lose weight if you consume 2400 calories and burn 2401? Even if you consume 2400 calories and burn 3000...if those 2400 calories consumed are from litres of Coca Cola and Pizza it will do you any good?

Oh wait...I hear you scream. "This is where common sense comes in".

Oh...if it is about common sense..why are we dabating weight loss on MMO-C? If you or anyone has "common sense" you wouldn't be so fat as to ask how to lose weight ^^
    Through working out your basal metabolic rate.

Technically, yes you would lose weight if that was the case, if youre in a safe calorific deficit and you aren't fucking your insulin levels, you'll lose weight with a deficit. Your body will get to an equilibrium and you'll have to eat less and less, or consume fewer and fewer calories to maintain.

Calories are calories, it doesn't matter where they're from. 1 calorie from cola is the same as from a pea. What matters is how you have it. 2400 calories all at once is awful for you, your body will use what it can, spike insulin and turn the rest of that excess to fat. 2400 over a day, you won't get that happening nearly as aggressively.

the eat less and exercise more crowd are right, its calories in vs calories out - the important thing they're missing is calories in slowly > calories out.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

.....you just deteriorate in heath I guess....if that is all that you look for.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMBm-UVdII - I mean...there are things like hormones and people gaining weight through the accumulation of water etc because they are taking medications.

I guess what I want to say that...maybe a calorie is a calorie for a heathy person...in reality it is not

It is not when your 2000 calorie intake comes from a bag of crisps and 2 litres of Coca Cola per day vs tons of vegetables, legumes or fruit.. Not in the long run

But yeah...if you truly want to boil this down to a "calorie in vs calorie out" debate? You are totally right. Nobody came out of a concentration camp chubbier than they went in.

Disgustingly tasteless....but IMHO needed to put the whole "just eat less" shit into perspective.
    I... actualy gotta agree with you there, more or less.

that said... to the person you replied to - there are people who eat one meal a day and prefer it that way. I personaly could never live like that, for me to function best, I need to eat small meals every few hours. but there are people who are happy and healthy that way, so who am I to tell them that they are doing it wrong when its obviously working for them? and there are people who would be absolutely miserable eating the way that I do. my meals would be way too slow for them, not nearly enough volume and despite in theory getting enough calories, they would go around fighting a losing battle with ghrelin.

also, funny story. I love legumes. LOVE THEM. well taste and texture anyways. my body really doesn't like them though. I can have them in moderation with supplements to aid in digestion, but there is a limit to how many I can consume before my body goes into rebellion and they end up being unhealthy for me. so... there is that.

that said - and I stress its not for everyone, because everyone is different and one person's trigger food is another person's "yeah, I CAN have just one and be content", but if something is not your trigger food, there is nothing wrong with having treats that are not optimized for health. in moderation. some people can eat 100% clean (whatever that means) and other people do better when they can have their treats on occasion. the one uniting thing about all these individual choices is - sustainability. finding a way of healthier for you eating that you can sustain long term.

P.S. I know my tastes are different from those of many people, in part becasue I grew up on home cooked meals, so a lot of American takeout etc tastes absolutely awful to me - too salty, or too sweet, definitely too rich. but omg, white castle is a particular brand of awful. i honestly imagine that this is what cheapest generic cat food tastes like. possibly worse. (I had it once and never again /shudder).