Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Your matter of opinion & taste doesn't matter....

This goes out to all the Americans out there who get outraged over certain actions that happen in this country of ours. Take a good look at the image below. If one side of images upsets you while the other ones don't, there's a problem and you're probably part of it. One of the groups of images is illegal and it is spelled out in the Constitution that it is illegal. The other set of images are actually not only protected under the Constitution but when challenged in the Supreme Court, the SCOTUS ruled that it was PROTECTED BY the Constitution. You may be thinking the one you don't agree with is the one that's illegal and the ones you find fine are the ones protected but you may be completely wrong in your assumption. Educate yourself on what is permitted by our laws before you open your mouth. (Same applies to people who talk about censorship, the First Amendment, and other bullshit in terms of Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/etc etc etc).

not only is it completely protected per the constitution, it's actually the proper way of retiring one.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    not only is it completely protected per the constitution, it's actually the proper way of retiring one.
    Technically aren't you supposed to cut it up into strips before burning it?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Technically aren't you supposed to cut it up into strips before burning it?
    Could be right, not sure, don't remember cutting it when I was in the boyscouts.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if I'm not offended by either side?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Bunch of refreshes, no image. The hidden link takes to a site that has...no showing image either. So, I'm forced to conclude we're talking about the Sylvanus signature picture, as it's the only visible one. Yes, fanboying genocidal maniac is legal as long as one doesn't go further than that. The question is, what's the illegal part of the picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Bunch of refreshes, no image. The hidden link takes to a site that has...no showing image either. So, I'm forced to conclude we're talking about the Sylvanus signature picture, as it's the only visible one. Yes, fanboying genocidal maniac is legal as long as one doesn't go further than that. The question is, what's the illegal part of the picture?
    Does this work?

https://i.imgur.com/ILH8KC6.jpg
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Yes, that one actually works, both in link and showing a picture. Thanks!

I'm not sure either is particularly offensive either. It's a piece of cloth for crying out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    I think the issue is on your end because I have posted using postimages.org and had no issues with people seeing them. The direct link to the image is hosted at a i.postimg.cc place. But seeing as you were able to see Orange's imgur link and commented on the image I posted, its not that one is particularly offensive. Its pointing out that there are certain people who find one set of those images "highly offensive and disrespectful" when the reality is it is protected by the Constitution while the other set of images is clearly outlined in the same Constitution as being illegal.

what the fuck are you talking about

Why does OP treat MMO-Champion like a boomer does Facebook?

7+ Year Old Account
    I am outraged!

Yawn. 10/char.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have never felt strongly either way about flags. Flags are a symbol. That's all. Flag burning is protected under freedom of expression, but I believe even defacing a flag or adding your own custom art to it is just fine as well. The only thing that bothers me is when people get their panties in a twist over what others do with a flag. Only hyper nationalist douchebags get triggered when a flag is burned or "disrespected" with kneeling. It's a fucking flag. Get over it.

Also, I fully imagine that all of those Republicans who were screaming their heads off about flag disrespect with kneeling and shiz will now begin desecrating flags under Biden, with no hint of irony.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Why does OP treat MMO-Champion like a boomer does Facebook?
    Presumably to confuse the elderly like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Presumably to confuse the elderly like yourself.
    Sadly, a "NO U" style defense is exactly what I'd expect from this flopic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Sadly, a "NO U" style defense is exactly what I'd expect from this flopic.
    I just want to let you know that I applaud your use of "flopic." If you didn't invent it, I'm going to assume you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I just want to let you know that I applaud your use of "flopic." If you didn't invent it, I'm going to assume you did.
    I did not, in all honesty. It's a relic from the old War on Terror off-topic board at Gamefaqs. If anyone knows about boards like LUE (Life, the Universe, and Everything), WoT was sort of its little, handicapped brother.

It was sort of similar to Gen Off-topic, but with fewer European nationalists and fewer Scandinavians disapproving and telling everyone how they do everything better.

So yeah, feel free to adopt it. Lord knows there's plenty of threads around here that fit the criteria.

To be honest what the majority agrees on matters. If enough people believe you should be jailed for it you will be jailed for it.

I always find it odd that people think laws are eternal and unchanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    To be honest what the majority agrees on matters. If enough people believe you should be jailed for it you will be jailed for it.
    Yeah...this is exactly what constitutional rights are for though. Just think about all of the dreadful things that 'the majority' has agreed on.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis