Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Well I think it's safe to say I speak for some since a lot of other people feel the same way as you can see in this thread and if you have been playing I'm sure you've seen people in general chat complain as well.

Regarding the bold part. You mean like the people griefing others and calling it "fun" and expecting the people affected by them to feel the same way?

I want everybody to have fun even the griefers but the way it is now it seems the only people having fun are people who love griefing and people who love PVP gameplay. That's why it's been said over and over that if there was just a way for people to opt out of the PVP there would be no issue. People who like to grief others can continue to do so while the others who just want to enjoy the PVE aspect of the event can do so without assholes ruining it for them.

What's wrong with that?
    Again, you act like it's everyone except griefers sharing your view. That's just completely wrong. This is your view. You are not having fun. And no, I don't see any people in trade chat complaining, not like that matters anyway.

Just let people have fun for once. Not everything has to be about you and your special needs. It's a very short one time event, where people can go wild. And indeed, there is nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Nah, its needed to make the event function. War Mode off just applies the old pve realm rules. War Mode never disabled pvp completely.
    Um...yes it did. If war mode isn't enabled then you can't take part in pvp and players of the opposite faction can't attack you. This event overrides that and forces players that want nothing to do with pvp into being flagged. That's utter shit design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Your not being forced into PvP as its your choice to stay in an area that can get you flagged for PvP, the zombie is turned into an NPC that can attack everything apart from other zombies, you can just afk in an area where zombies are unable to get to you as they cant mount or fly, there is plenty areas where a zombie could never get near you so its your choice to stay in an area where your able to be attacked.
    Are you really incapable of understanding what is being said? Forcing players to stay in the air constantly or be flagged for pvp is terrible game design. War mode exists for a reason. Forcing players to be flagged whether they have war mode enabled or not is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Um...yes it did. If war mode isn't enabled then you can't take part in pvp and players of the opposite faction can't attack you. This event overrides that and forces players that want nothing to do with pvp into being flagged. That's utter shit design.
    No, this simply isnt true. You can absolutely fight the opposite faction with war mode off. War mode is not a guarantee.

No, this simply isnt true. You can absolutely fight the opposite faction with war mode off. War mode is not a guarantee.
    Lol what? The only way you will be able to interact with the opposite faction is if you purposely walk into the opposing factions cities. If I'm in Duskwood as a human and an orc runs by, I can't attack them unless war mode is enabled. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Well I think it's safe to say I speak for some since a lot of other people feel the same way as you can see in this thread and if you have been playing I'm sure you've seen people in general chat complain as well.

Regarding the bold part. You mean like the people griefing others and calling it "fun" and expecting the people affected by them to feel the same way?

I want everybody to have fun even the griefers but the way it is now it seems the only people having fun are people who love griefing and people who love PVP gameplay. That's why it's been said over and over that if there was just a way for people to opt out of the PVP there would be no issue. People who like to grief others can continue to do so while the others who just want to enjoy the PVE aspect of the event can do so without assholes ruining it for them.

What's wrong with that?
    Neither you, I or anyone else here decides what is "griefing" or not. Only Blizzard does that as Blizzard decides the rule we play by. For this week Blizzard has changed the rules of the game.
    Apparently Blizzard wants this event to be a free-for-all kill everything in sight event, no matter faction/warmode on or off.
    So there is no griefing here.

You have 3 options:
    1. Accept the temporary rules and play by them
    2. Not log on
    3. Whine here and cry your tears and get validation by all the other Safespace-Susans here on mmo-champion.

You have chosen option 3 and you are not alone. At least you can comfort yourself with that.
    But at the end of the day only Blizzard decides what is griefing or not...

Lol what? The only way you will be able to interact with the opposite faction is if you purposely walk into the opposing factions cities. If I'm in Duskwood as a human and an orc runs by, I can't attack them unless war mode is enabled. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    Simply not true.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/161082

Oh man it's almost like you didn't read what I typed. I legitimately listed something that doesn't allow for war mode being enabled and you posted something irrelevant. Nice.

Oh man it's almost like you didn't read what I typed. I legitimately listed something that doesn't allow for war mode being enabled and you posted something irrelevant. Nice.
    I just proved you can attack other players with war mode off.

I just proved you can attack other players with war mode off.
    Notice how the example I gave involved trying to attacking a player OUTSIDE of a faction city. So you didn't prove ANYTHING, dude lol.

Notice how the example I gave involved trying to attacking a player OUTSIDE of a faction city. So you didn't prove ANYTHING, dude lol.
    "If war mode isn't enabled then you can't take part in pvp" This is your claim.

I have refuted it.

Are you new to WoW? This is the third time a 'scourge-like' event has happened in WoWs history which also were met with some primo forum posts.

Suck it up buttercup. The zombie problem is only around until SL launch and has only really been an "issue" for the last week, so not even a full 7 days yet. Learn to deal with it. Everyone knew this was coming and what to expect so having these grand revelations as to why this event is hated is a tad 2008. The game has been so dull for the last few months and now are actually having fun with it. Work around it and stop wasting thread space.

If you get infected, go cleanse yourself. EzPz.

No. Nobody has the authority to tell anyone else how to feel. Telling someone to get over something just because you personally aren't upset about is a dick move. Learn some empathy. The world doesn't revolve around you. People are allowed to be upset about things that don't affect you.
    I've got tons of empathy. You don't know me. And I could say the same about you really. You think your "fun" is more important than others' "fun" because it makes you upset. Well, over the years I've disliked a lot of things Blizz did and everyone here told me to deal with it. At the end I did. Because it's just a game and I'd rather not get angry over meaningless bs like this.

Now yes, I am defending this even tho some people don't like it. I'm not gonna let that make me feel bad though. This isn't some good vs evil thing. And before you tell me that my type of "fun" is griefing people, no it isn't. I've only done things with this event in Goldshire and kept it like that, and that's only for the first day. I don't like griefing or attacking other players out of nowhere. But surely if Blizzard didn't like this, they would hotfix it fight? But I guess that's how they intend it to be.

But whatever, I'm done with this discussion, because I sure as hell love when people get personal because I have an opinion on how the game should be.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2020-11-20 at 10:15 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    1) Zombies are too weak. Cities are the hardest to infect because you need some level of organization. End of expac mains pop them in seconds and guards hit hard, so small zombie groups/solos are encouraged to grief in leveling zones.
    2) Low levels should probably get some sort of invulnerability to some extent. Or spawned npc zombies should appear at a level/health pool they can take on (if they don't already, all my characters are max level).
    3) There should be rewards to encourage zombie invasions and for those that want to stop them. Icecrown rewards a warfront variant, maybe this could've been for the weapons. Or even achvs for how many zones you spread infection to.
    4) It probably would've been easier to make some sort of limited time zombie pvp-game mode in one of the many maps.
    5) The pvp flagging issue is pretty bad. Sometimes I'll just randomly not be able to attack someone I was hitting literal seconds ago.

That's my two cents on it. Zombies are easy to work around at max level, so griefing only really impacts leveling players. But playing as a zombie doesn't feel great when it's hard to survive long enough to get anything started.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    lol oh get over it. It's literally live for barely a week. Zombie apocalypse.
    It should be ruining basically everything.
    God forbid we actually have something have an all-encompassing effect... for once.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Are you really incapable of understanding what is being said? Forcing players to stay in the air constantly or be flagged for pvp is terrible game design. War mode exists for a reason. Forcing players to be flagged whether they have war mode enabled or not is stupid.
    Your not forced to be in the air all the time, there thousands of places you cant get to by foot, the event also has nothing to do with PvP, your transformed into an npc and they need the ability to attack all players, your complaints about a short term event just show the self entitlement some players have just because they think that sub money gives you special rights, i dont even participate in PvP unless it gives me a benefit and only been a zombie twice this event.

You could choose to find a suitable area to do all your roleplaying and never see a zombie but instead you just complain.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Your not forced to be in the air all the time, there thousands of places you cant get to by foot, the event also has nothing to do with PvP, your transformed into an npc and they need the ability to attack all players, your complaints about a short term event just show the self entitlement some players have just because they think that sub money gives you special rights, i dont even participate in PvP unless it gives me a benefit and only been a zombie twice this event.

You could choose to find a suitable area to do all your roleplaying and never see a zombie but instead you just complain.
    You say it has nothing to do with pvp then say you get turned into a zombie to attack other PLAYERS. Before war mode, players weren't forced into pvp unless they were on a pvp server. But now that doesn't matter because Blizzard has decided forcing players into pvp is totally fine. They don't give a shit if you have war mode turned off. That's really terrible game design AND customer service. It doesn't matter where you are. If you get hit by a zombie, you're flagged for pvp. That's fucking asinine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I've got tons of empathy. You don't know me. And I could say the same about you really. You think your "fun" is more important than others' "fun" because it makes you upset. Well, over the years I've disliked a lot of things Blizz did and everyone here told me to deal with it. At the end I did. Because it's just a game and I'd rather not get angry over meaningless bs like this.

Now yes, I am defending this even tho some people don't like it. I'm not gonna let that make me feel bad though. This isn't some good vs evil thing. And before you tell me that my type of "fun" is griefing people, no it isn't. I've only done things with this event in Goldshire and kept it like that, and that's only for the first day. I don't like griefing or attacking other players out of nowhere. But surely if Blizzard didn't like this, they would hotfix it fight? But I guess that's how they intend it to be.

But whatever, I'm done with this discussion, because I sure as hell love when people get personal because I have an opinion on how the game should be.
    My fun doesn't end where yours begins. Blizzard should have kept it the way they initially advertised where you can opt out of the event by turning off war mode. Instead, they lied to the players and are forcing pvp onto players that want nothing to do with pvp. And just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. There are entire raid groups dedicated to griefing people trying to do Nathanos or ICecrown rares since if you are infected, you can't loot even if you tagged shit. People purposely tagging people in places while communicating with the opposite faction so if the person escapes the zombies, they still get killed by the opposite faction.

Blizzard has decided they're totally cool with griefing when it comes to this event. It's really that simple. I paid for a month of game time only for Blizzard to essentially tell me to sit and spin by introducing an event that robs me of an entire week of game time. I don't want to pvp so the only solution I have been given is to just not log in this week.

You say it has nothing to do with pvp then say you get turned into a zombie to attack other PLAYERS. Before war mode, players weren't forced into pvp unless they were on a pvp server. But now that doesn't matter because Blizzard has decided forcing players into pvp is totally fine. They don't give a shit if you have war mode turned off. That's really terrible game design AND customer service. It doesn't matter where you are. If you get hit by a zombie, you're flagged for pvp. That's fucking asinine.
    Blizzard can do whatever they want in thier game, dont like it you can unsubb as thats all you can do, the zombies are not classed as players they are npcs and npc characters can attack whom they like so that the event actually works like its supposed to, players would complain even more if when your a zombie you couldnt actually attack anyone, the whole purpose of turning into a zombie is to spread it around.

Blizzard can do whatever they want in thier game, dont like it you can unsubb as thats all you can do, the zombies are not classed as players they are npcs and npc characters can attack whom they like so that the event actually works like its supposed to, players would complain even more if when your a zombie you couldnt actually attack anyone, the whole purpose of turning into a zombie is to spread it around.
    Why is it so difficult for you to read everything I'm saying? They're NOT NPCs. They're players under a transformation. They are completely controlled by players which makes it pvp. Furthermore, attacking another player flags them for pvp even if they have war mode turned off and are being attacked by THEIR OWN FACTION. So it's the worst kind of pvp. People who hate pvp and have war mode turned off are forced to be flagged and participate. That's utter fucking garbage. And quite frankly, I wouldn't give a shit if players got upset that they couldn't attack and grief other players. If their fun requires other players to be frustrated and forced to participate, I literally don't care about their fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    1) Zombies are too weak. Cities are the hardest to infect because you need some level of organization. End of expac mains pop them in seconds and guards hit hard, so small zombie groups/solos are encouraged to grief in leveling zones.
    Yeah. Just group up and wipe them out. It isn't even pvp, zombies have 5 buttons. It's almost as if Blizzard wanted us to do something against the zombie invasion.

I agree that low level players should be stronger against zombies. But if you are leveling now just go overto the next quest hub. You don't have to level in Goldshire.

Earlier today I was in Stormwind when the infectious critters were there so it was easy to turn the city. A bunch of us watching the mayhem from rooftops grouped up after a couple minutes and just waltzed through the zombie horde wiping them all out. It's easy. If you do something.

Why is it so difficult for you to read everything I'm saying? They're NOT NPCs. They're players under a transformation. They are completely controlled by players which makes it pvp. Furthermore, attacking another player flags them for pvp even if they have war mode turned off and are being attacked by THEIR OWN FACTION. So it's the worst kind of pvp. People who hate pvp and have war mode turned off are forced to be flagged and participate. That's utter fucking garbage. And quite frankly, I wouldn't give a shit if players got upset that they couldn't attack and grief other players. If their fun requires other players to be frustrated and forced to participate, I literally don't care about their fun.
    The zombie is effectively an npc so they have to have the ability to attack anything they want, what about this do you not understand since an npc has the ability to aggro on anything irrelevant of PvP status. The event has nothing to do with PvP at all, its zombies vs anyone freefor all. There are more problems with the game than a short time event thats no more than a mild inconvience.