Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How would a 65 year old man, have the reflexes to kill a pack of wild dogs? Wouldn’t it be just as likely for the dogs to kill him and then some random recovers the gun, to sell it?
    My dad is 80, he could still easily handle a pack of dogs with his .45....

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yea you right why have any laws? Criminals aren't gonna follow them anyway. Why have a speed limit if so many people get speeding tickets every year?

I see the light now thank you!
    Meanwhile its very obvious how many criminals do not use guns because of the huge jump in penalities if you get caught with a gun during your illegal activity.

But hey laws are meh right, they won't follow it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    my dad is 70 and i doubt he could handle a pack of gerbles at this point with his 3 guns.
    Of course he is in a nursing home after getting half his foot removed.

So?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Meanwhile its very obvious how many criminals do not use guns because of the huge jump in penalities if you get caught with a gun during your illegal activity.

But hey laws are meh right, they won't follow it

- - - Updated - - -

my dad is 70 and i doubt he could handle a pack of gerbles at this point with his 3 guns.
    Of course he is in a nursing home after getting half his foot removed.

So?
    A significant number of violent crimes involve a firearm, though the number has fallen over the years. Make the use of a firearm in a violent felony an automatic life in prison without parole and see how that impacts gun crime before making any laws impacting lawful use/ownership,

So, I was not aware people needed a foot to shoot a gun. More to the point, age does not dictate ability.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2020-11-20 at 06:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    just tell the rando he has to get a background check before he can take the gun.
    "but what about all the criminals that find guns next to corpses, they won't abide gun control laws"

wow, you're smrt, so smart.

- - - Updated - - -

A significant number of violent crimes involve a firearm, though the number has fallen over the years. Make the use of a firearm in a violent felony an automatic life in prison without parole and see how that impacts gun crime before making any laws impacting lawful use/ownership,
    Great, so the ones with guns have absolutely no fucking reason to not kill everyone around them, brilliant idea.

So, I was not aware people needed a foot to shoot a gun. More to the point, age does not dictate ability.
    My dad is 108 and flies rocket ships to mars.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Nah just make it a gun control law. i'm sure criminals will follow it.
    Follow it? No, they will pay for it... criminals don’t follow laws, because they are criminals. But... they are not criminals, unless there are laws. So... the question is... should someone pay for pulling a gun off a dead body and then try to resell it? To me... the idea that something like this would be even questioned... highlights the glory of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

And my dad can beat up your dad... what’s your point?

https://www.dana.org/article/cogniti...hat-to-expect/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    MFW when the President is doing everything he can to delay a peaceful transfer of power, cops keep on murdering civilians, and I'm a self-proclaimed antifascist that wants to disarm everyone but those in power.
    Uhm... Antifa screams defund the police... Antifa has nothing to do with gun rights. On top of this, far leftist are against every part of government being armed, from ending US military complex to defund the police.

What sort of bias must you live under, to think Antifa is about gun control and never heard them demand Defund the Police? I don’t remember seeing a single gun rights argument being made by Antifa... but, sure as hell seen a lot of defund the police... so what the fuck?

Sorry to keep editing, but the bold is that mind numbingly absurd:
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-20 at 01:56 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

you do when you can't bring your guns into a nursing home and can't walk to get them.

Even More to the point, was that your Anecdotal evidence of your particular parent was offset by mine showing once again Anecdotal evidence means nothing.

And how many more crimes violent or not would involved a gun if there were no gun laws (since you know criminals don't follow them anyway)?
    I guess you missed the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    wait is your dad bruce willis? Clint eastwood??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, my dad is bruceclint eastwilliswood.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    "but what about all the criminals that find guns next to corpses, they won't abide gun control laws"

wow, you're smrt, so smart.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, so the ones with guns have absolutely no fucking reason to not kill everyone around them, brilliant idea.

Or they have better incentive to not be armed. But hey, why punish criminals when you can punish law abiding citizens instead.

A 108 year old could fly a rocket to Mars, if such a manned rocket existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post

MFW when the President is doing everything he can to delay a peaceful transfer of power, cops keep on murdering civilians, and I'm a self-proclaimed antifascist that wants to disarm everyone but those in power.
    ?

The anti-fascists you complain about are the ones that want to defund, or even abolish, the police.

See, this is what happens when people live in a elitist right-wing bubble and don't speak with the diverse range of Biden voters in everyday urbania who have all sorts of different opinions and reasons for voting.

- - - Updated - - -

Or they have better incentive to not be armed. But hey, why punish criminals when you can punish law abiding citizens instead.

A 108 year old could fly a rocket to Mars, if such a manned rocket existed.
    Well, if we made it illegal, they wouldn't be "law abiding" anymore, now would they?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Making it harder for criminals to buy and sell guns is not punishing law-abiding citizens. Laws and or regulations have always been implemented because some assholes went too far and have to be updated to meet new demands. You don't like that? Well then fight for a better world, educate people, grant everyone who needs it health and mental care, reduce inequality, and increase social movement. Or get back to weekly mass shootings as soon as covid is cured and implement laws that make everyone suspicious of everyone up until the whole thing explodes because all the good guys suddenly can't discern each other from bad guys anymore.

Look at DeSantis draft ... getting shot for being suspected of looting, how is that not punishing law abiding citizens? Try to get stuff out of your own store because there are protests near by might get you shot by a law abiding citizen because you appear suspiciously like a looter.

10+ Year Old Account
    you do when you can't bring your guns into a nursing home and can't walk to get them.

Even More to the point, was that your Anecdotal evidence of your particular parent was offset by mine showing once again Anecdotal evidence means nothing.

And how many more crimes violent or not would involved a gun if there were no gun laws (since you know criminals don't follow them anyway)?
    I guess you missed the point.

- - - Updated - - -

When dealing with absolutes, it does though. There is a difference between "A 65 year old can't" and "Most 65 year olds can't".

There is nothing wrong with gun laws only effecting criminal activity. It is when the law impacts non-criminal activity that I object. I am a firm believer in hammering the criminal use of a firearm as draconian as legally possible. If the deterrence of jail is not sufficient to prevent a person from committing ing a violent crime with a firearm, they just need to be removed from society permanently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    ?

The anti-fascists you complain about are the ones that want to defund, or even abolish, the police.

See, this is what happens when people live in a elitist right-wing bubble and don't speak with the diverse range of Biden voters in everyday urbania who have all sorts of different opinions and reasons for voting.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if we made it illegal, they wouldn't be "law abiding" anymore, now would they?
    If we made breathing illegal we would all be criminals.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with gun laws only effecting criminal activity. It is when the law impacts non-criminal activity that I object.
    That is an oxymoron.

I am a firm believer in hammering the criminal use of a firearm as draconian as legally possible. If the deterrence of jail is not sufficient to prevent a person from committing ing a violent crime with a firearm, they just need to be removed from society permanently.
    That never worked in the history of mankind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making it harder for criminals to buy and sell guns is not punishing law-abiding citizens. Laws and or regulations have always been implemented because some assholes went too far and have to be updated to meet new demands. You don't like that? Well then fight for a better world, educate people, grant everyone who needs it health and mental care, reduce inequality, and increase social movement. Or get back to weekly mass shootings as soon as covid is cured and implement laws that make everyone suspicious of everyone up until the whole thing explodes because all the good guys suddenly can't discern each other from bad guys anymore.

Look at DeSantis draft ... getting shot for being suspected of looting, how is that not punishing law abiding citizens? Try to get stuff out of your own store because there are protests near by might get you shot by a law abiding citizen because you appear suspiciously like a looter.
    Its already illegal for felons to have guns. Its obvious the punishment for it isn't harsh enough though.

Shooting a person you think is looting someone else’s property isn't legal. I have no issue with the shooter being punished for it.

- - - Updated - - -

That is an oxymoron.

That never worked in the history of mankind.
    "No one can own a gun" impacts law abiding people, "Criminals cannot own a gun" does not impact law abiding citizens.

Depends on your classification of "worked". A jailed criminal commits no more crime against the masses, and violent felons deserve no sympathy or reprieve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its already illegal for felons to have guns. Its obvious the punishment for it isn't harsh enough though.
    Ah, you're right, after 2857 pages we finally established that criminals don't follow the law. Damn, if killing them on the spot doesn't seem to be a harsh enough punishment, maybe other measures have to be put in place.

But I do have to ask you, how exactly would "making it harder for criminals to buy and sell guns", affect law abiding citizens?

Shooting a person you think is looting someone else’s property isn't legal. I have no issue with the shooter being punished for it.
    Not yet, but in Florida it could become legal.

"No one can own a gun" impacts law abiding people, "Criminals cannot own a gun" does not impact law abiding citizens.
    Law abiding citizens can't be impacted, because they abide by the law. So they either become criminals therefore they aren't law-abiding anymore or they give up their guns to not become criminals. But no one is talking about banning guns anyway so do you have a less extreme example?

Depends on your classification of "worked". A jailed criminal commits no more crime against the masses, and violent felons deserve no sympathy or reprieve.
    I see, you don't actually want to keep crimes from happening, you are totally fine with criminals being around as long as they get punished.

There is nothing wrong with gun laws only effecting criminal activity. It is when the law impacts non-criminal activity that I object..

Damn drinking and driving laws interfering with my legal drinking activity!!!! I object!!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Anyone else lose their guns in tragic boating accidents?

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I live in a blue college town, in a blue state, in New England.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mass shooting near Milwaukee
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/us/wi...ing/index.html
    no one seems to been killed so far,
    On a side note that kid who killed two people with guns he shouldn’t have been allowed to use/owned posted bail thanks to crowdfunding
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/us/ky...ase/index.html
    Ain’t America grand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, you're right, after 2857 pages we finally established that criminals don't follow the law. Damn, if killing them on the spot doesn't seem to be a harsh enough punishment, maybe other measures have to be put in place.

But I do have to ask you, how exactly would "making it harder for criminals to buy and sell guns", affect law abiding citizens?

Not yet, but in Florida it could become legal.

Law abiding citizens can't be impacted, because they abide by the law. So they either become criminals therefore they aren't law-abiding anymore or they give up their guns to not become criminals. But no one is talking about banning guns anyway so do you have a less extreme example?

I see, you don't actually want to keep crimes from happening, you are totally fine with criminals being around as long as they get punished.
    Life in solitary confinement is better than death as a punishment.
    When you have to wait days to prove you are innocent of being a criminal, that is an impact. When you ban a type of firearm that is popular with both criminals and law abiding citizens in the name of keeping them out of the hands of criminals, that is an impact.

If it does become legal, then we can discuss it.

So you don't think having to give up something isn't an impact on the person forced to give it up?

Criminal punishments serve to either dissuade the commission of the crime or to punish those not dissuaded. So, the harsher the punishment, the more likely it is to dissuade, and if it fails to dissuade ,it removes the criminal from society longer. Either makes society safer from criminals.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn drinking and driving laws interfering with my legal drinking activity!!!! I object!!!!
    In order to reduce drunk driving, we are going to require every vehicle to be equipped with a breathalyzer ignition interlock. We feel this is a very minor inconvenience to those who don't drive drunk to eliminate all drunk driving deaths and injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Anyone else lose their guns in tragic boating accidents?
    I have a few ice fishing adventures in my near future, and I'm dreadfully afraid of bears, so I always bring my gun. Would be a SHAME if it slipped in, along with all my 30/60 round mags