Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The zombie is effectively an npc so they have to have the ability to attack anything they want, what about this do you not understand since an npc has the ability to aggro on anything irrelevant of PvP status. The event has nothing to do with PvP at all, its zombies vs anyone freefor all. There are more problems with the game than a short time event thats no more than a mild inconvience.
    No, they absolutely are not an NPC. If they were an NPC, they wouldn't be controlled by players. Do you not know what NPC stands for? Because it means Non Player Character. Since they are directly controlled by players they are NOT NPCs. Furthermore, if it had nothing to do with pvp then why am I IMMEDIATELY flagged regardless of whether or not I have war mode enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No, they absolutely are not an NPC. If they were an NPC, they wouldn't be controlled by players. Do you not know what NPC stands for? Because it means Non Player Character. Since they are directly controlled by players they are NOT NPCs. Furthermore, if it had nothing to do with pvp then why am I IMMEDIATELY flagged regardless of whether or not I have war mode enabled?
    A zombie isnt classed as a player once they are turned no matter if they are controlled by a player or not, they have permission to attack players regardless of PvP status so they completely bypass the need for PvP to be turned on, your flagged because the event needs the ability for the zombies to attack anything they want. You knew the event was coming and it would act similar to the origional event where anyone could be infected but its not even on the same level as before.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I just want to know what are people doing in the final week of prepatch that is so important?

Are you getting ready for a raid? Why are you even bothering when raiding right now is if you're geared everything falls over, if you're not then it's too late anyway.
    M+? If you've done it your done, if not again way too late.
    RP? Well if you're RPing you're supposed to be a character living in the world. Which means your story HAS to be based on these invasions.
    PVPing? Well this isn't affecting you anyway.
    Bank alt? phase yourself into UC/Darnassus. 5 minute job done.

It's one week before the new expansion, the game itself is basically on pause until then.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A zombie isnt classed as a player once they are turned no matter if they are controlled by a player or not, they have permission to attack players regardless of PvP status so they completely bypass the need for PvP to be turned on, your flagged because the event needs the ability for the zombies to attack anything they want. You knew the event was coming and it would act similar to the origional event where anyone could be infected but its not even on the same level as before.
    Wow. You really don't get it at all. Blizzard advertised that you could opt out by disabling war mode. They lied. And the fact that you're saying that it's not pvp despite the ghouls actively being controlled by players is just proof that you're incapable of grasping what is and isn't pvp.

Wow. You really don't get it at all. Blizzard advertised that you could opt out by disabling war mode. They lied. And the fact that you're saying that it's not pvp despite the ghouls actively being controlled by players is just proof that you're incapable of grasping what is and isn't pvp.
    They didnt lie. Re read the page I sent you. There are clearly ways to integrate pvp with war mode off, just like you could on pve servers. For someone with an account made in 2011 I thought you would know the game rules of a pve server.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    They didnt lie. Re read the page I sent you. There are clearly ways to integrate pvp with war mode off, just like you could on pve servers. For someone with an account made in 2011 I thought you would know the game rules of a pve server.
    Wow you continue to pick and choose what people say. If you are a ghoul on my faction and lets say you are in Westfall with me. If you hit me as a ghoul, I am immediately flagged for pvp even though I have war mode off. Which means even people on your own faction can flag you for pvp. Do you understand yet or do I need to break it down further? Also, I pointed out that if a human player and an orc player are on one of the roads of Duskwood but neither of them have war mode turned on, they can't attack each other. BOTH of them have to have war mode enabled in that scenario. Try reading everything I said in this comment this time please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players should not be forced to play a certain way, or participate in a certain event, if they dont want to. You should not be able to "pull" someone into "your" game against their will.

I equate this to be able to kill someone in pvp even if they are not flagged. even if they dont want to pvp.

They easily could have just disabled in the the Eastern Plague Lands or disabled it near objectives. or kept it to only certain zones.

Cant really blame the players much, because they will grief anyone they can, most of the time. people are always assholes, just give them the ability to be one and it will happen.

I blame the devs for the fail on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    Players should not be forced to play a certain way, or participate in a certain event, if they dont want to. You should not be able to "pull" someone into "your" game against their will.

I equate this to be able to kill someone in pvp even if they are not flagged. even if they dont want to pvp.

They easily could have just disabled in the the Eastern Plague Lands or disabled it near objectives. or kept it to only certain zones.

Cant really blame the players much, because they will grief anyone they can, most of the time. people are always assholes, just give them the ability to be one and it will happen.

I blame the devs for the fail on this one.
    I blame both players and devs. The devs should have stuck to what they initially advertised when they said you could opt out by disabling war mode. The players also shouldn't be dicks and grief people just because they can. It's even worse that Blizzard is totally ok with players griefing others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame both players and devs. The devs should have stuck to what they initially advertised when they said you could opt out by disabling war mode. The players also shouldn't be dicks and grief people just because they can. It's even worse that Blizzard is totally ok with players grieving others.
    I agree...War mode would have been perfect. Or..how about a 30 minute cooldown to catch it? 60 minutes. That could be tolerable.

Players are always dicks though. cant expect a tiger to change their stripes. even though they do deserve "some" of the blame.

I agree...War mode would have been perfect. Or..how about a 30 minute cooldown to catch it? 60 minutes. That could be tolerable.

Players are always dicks though. cant expect a tiger to change their stripes. even though they do deserve "some" of the blame.
    I personally think all the players doing the egregious griefing such as tagging players at Nathanos or Icecrown rares so people can't loot should be banned.

The only thing that bothers me is that turning off warmode doesn't actually allow you to opt out of the event like they promised. I had it turned off and was still attacked and turned into a ghoul. I also had PvP disabled, because when I tried to attack the ghoul that was attacking me, it wouldn't allow me to do that because I had PvP turned off. How does that even make sense?

Wow you continue to pick and choose what people say. If you are a ghoul on my faction and lets say you are in Westfall with me. If you hit me as a ghoul, I am immediately flagged for pvp even though I have war mode off. Which means even people on your own faction can flag you for pvp. Do you understand yet or do I need to break it down further? Also, I pointed out that if a human player and an orc player are on one of the roads of Duskwood but neither of them have war mode turned on, they can't attack each other. BOTH of them have to have war mode enabled in that scenario. Try reading everything I said in this comment this time please.
    Your post makes no sense as there is no mix of war mode off and on people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bronjamin View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is that turning off warmode doesn't actually allow you to opt out of the event like they promised. I had it turned off and was still attacked and turned into a ghoul. I also had PvP disabled, because when I tried to attack the ghoul that was attacking me, it wouldn't allow me to do that because I had PvP turned off. How does that even make sense?
    thats what we are saying. Blizz didn't do that. you cannot avoid being dragged into this nonsense. its silly and causes many people(including me) to not even log in. what fun is this, how is this a good event?

Your post makes no sense as there is no mix of war mode off and on people
    With this event there absolutely is lol. That's what this ENTIRE thread is about. People are getting flagged for pvp even when they have war mode off while they're in their own factions cities. That's literally the problem this thread is talking about. Have you just not been reading everything people are saying?

With this event there absolutely is lol. That's what this ENTIRE thread is about. People are getting flagged for pvp even when they have war mode off while they're in their own factions cities. That's literally the problem this thread is talking about. Have you just not been reading everything people are saying?
    True or false: It is possible, regardless of this event, to have world pvp with warmode off?

True or false: It is possible, regardless of this event, to have world pvp with warmode off?
    Outside of walking into the opposite factions' cities, false. I can walk around the Barrens as an Alliance character and as long as I don't walk into a town or attack a Horde NPC, I will not get flagged for pvp and people on the Horde can't touch me.

thats what we are saying. Blizz didn't do that. you cannot avoid being dragged into this nonsense. its silly and causes many people(including me) to not even log in. what fun is this, how is this a good event?
    yeah it's stupid
    but possible to avoid if you go to certain cities and only do certain content
    I parked my AH characters in old Dalaran and I'm mainly doing the balance of power questline in Legion content on all my alts, so I just avoid all the places where the stupid ghouls run around
    it'll be over in a few days

- - - Updated - - -

If you have warmode off, and PvP disabled, you can still be attacked by ghouls and turned into a ghoul.

Like I said, it happened to me, and I wasn't even able to attack back, because I had PvP disabled. It's a joke. You just have to accept the griefers get what they want. And avoid this until it is over.

Outside of walking into the opposite factions' cities, false. I can walk around the Barrens as an Alliance character and as long as I don't walk into a town or attack a Horde NPC, I will not get flagged for pvp and people on the Horde can't touch me.
    Alright well you are wrong lmao I dont know what else to tell you

Alright well you are wrong lmao I dont know what else to tell you
    Except no I'm really not. Just because you're incapable of accepting that I'm right doesn't mean you can say I'm wrong.

Serious question, how big of a deal is this? Yes, you paid money, yes, you cannot play for whatever reasons, but do people play 24/7? Is missing some play in your favorite(?) pastime activity that much of an issue?

Do people also go complain in the same manner, with the same energy if they were inconvenience with something more serious, like unable to go to work because the public transport was down.

So people got turned into a zombie and got killed. Well, run back to the body. Afterall, I am sure people have died in the game before so this is not a new experience for them.