Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've watched some really bad movies. Some for my own self interest, others because people took me to them.

Battlefield Earth and Pixels

Through MST3K, I have seen some amazingly bad movies, like Hobgoblins.
    RiffTrax is basically the same people, and if you want to watch a few minutes of terrible movies with a fun commentary track, their stuff is looping on twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/rifftrax
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Rian Johnson did an incredible job fixing the mess that Abrahms handed him. TFA was a steaming pile of dogshit and represents one of two times I've fallen asleep in a theater (the other being one of the Transformers movies). This is apparently a controversial opinion to have on the internet but I think a lot of the hate the movie gets is entirely unjustified and most of it is people who've conditioned themselves to blame the movie for problems that weren't solely the result of decisions made by Johnson. To be clear, I don't think the movie is a masterpiece. But I see a lot of people deride its director as if he personally took a shit on their doorstep and cuntpunched their dying grandmother with a lawn dart. It's like hating on TLJ has become its own rite of passage and if you don't agree it's the cinematic equivalent of a hydrochloric acid enema you're not a real Star Wars fan.

Anyway, worst movie I've seen in the last few years: The Dead Don't Die. It's a zombie movie that breaks the fourth wall more often than it should. I fucking love Adam Driver and Bill Murray but this movie failed on every fucking level. One character repeatedly laments, "This isn't going to end well" as if he's speaking directly to the audience. Spoiler alert: He is. It's a pointless, dumb movie that thinks it's quite a bit more clever than it actually is. Tilda Swinton is the best thing about the movie but her character is so fucking weird that it's hard to understand what her motivations are. Or really, what anybody in the movie's motivations are. It seemed like they were going for Cabin in the Woods meets Evil Dead but it reads like a corny student film too far up its own ass for any of its self-depricating comedy to land.
    Honestly, I don't have much skin in the game - I enjoy the star wars universe and all, but as much as I enjoy the LOTR universe, etc. Not some superfan that felt it was blaspheming, and was excited to see the new movies.

They felt...hollow almost? to me. Like an on-rails hero story I've read 1000 times before. And maybe Star Wars was always that, I don't know. It just didn't have the same charm I felt from the prequel movies, which to me felt like vastly superior stories.

Zombeavers. Just... ...what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Battlefield Earth.
    If you haven't seen it, you need to.
    When the credits roll, you will be a different person, knowing that if you can withstand 2 hours of this film, you can withstand anything.
    It will literally change your perception on bad movies and make what you thought was the worst seem like an Oscar-worthy best picture.
    It will take your entire constitution to not walk away from that movie dumber and bleeding from your eyeballs.
    This is an extremely polite assessment of this movie...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Most Uwe Boll movies come to mind...
    BloodRayne: The Third Reich probably.

Most things from any film festival or that Oscar people like.

World of Warcraft The Movie!

Latest Star Wars movie... what was it called again? Rise of Skywalker?

Has to be one of the worst movies I've seen in the past 10 years, and I wasn't even expecting it to be good to begin with. It still managed to surpast my expectation with a landslide. It's even worse than The Hobbit movies (at least they had the Bilbo vs Smaug dialog which is one of the best experiences I've had, watching a movie, it's so, so good! Benedict killed it).
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Open House

Watched this the day it came out, so I didn't know what to expect, but boy was I in for a disappointment. It tricks you a bit, because the first half is actually decent, and the acting isn't bad. But then once the horror part unveils in the second half the movie lost all direction and goes all over the place, and the writing just gets worse over time, as if they started filming before finishing the script, and were rushed to finish the writing to meet a deadline. Or ran out of funds, I guess.

Then in literally the very last minutes it changes category a bit as it goes from just psychological horror to physical damage/violence to the characters, which I do not enjoy nearly as much, and that certainly left a sour taste as a last impression.

Finally the movie suddenly ends with no hint of a conclusion. It's completely open-ended and leaves the viewer with a lot of confusion and questions unanswered. And I know many movies pull that off decently, but not this one. Not even a little bit. I was just annoyed and felt I'd wasted a lot of time for no reward.

Can not recommend.
    Last edited by snaek; 2020-11-20 at 12:45 PM.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Under The Skin
    Picture this: Skarlet Johanson drives around in a windowless van around Europe mumbles to people who then mumble back incoherently. EVENTUALLY she picks someone up takes them to her alien room and eats their skin in a huge slew of an acid trip and bad CGI (oh btw you get to see a gloriously badly cgied penis on each and every one of her victims). She then does this again like 3 times this is like the first 40 minutes of the fucking movie. This ends with a guy who they badly CGIed his face cause he's supposed to be disfigured or something, and she suddenly feels guilty and stops..I think. Some other stuff happen que a full frontal nude scene with her that you had to go to a long ass slog for then she dies the end.

Obviously cut out some story beats about her going through some mental growth or whatever and oh she's an alien but JESUS CHRIST the first half of the movie is literally her driving around in a van trying to pick up dudes and fails most of said attempts!

Avatar the Last Airbender... after all those years, I can not forget, I can not unsee...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reevoo View Post
    Zombeavers. Just... ...what?
    Oy... Zombeavers was amazing.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Any star wars movie or any of the lord of the rings movies

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Any star wars movie or any of the lord of the rings movies
    Yeah, along with those shitty movies like The Shawshank Redemption and that dumpster-fire The Godfather!

7+ Year Old Account
    Any Star Trek, old and new. pureeeeeeeeeeeee shit

The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Yeah, along with those shitty movies like The Shawshank Redemption and that dumpster-fire The Godfather!
    Exactly, I didn't like the godfather either and I haven't even tried watching the shawshank redemption /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Benedict killed it).
    Soooo true. I adore him.

OT: Mine would be Tideland.
    I'm a huge Terry Gilliam fan because of my father and his love of Monty Python. Loved his movies growing up from Time Bandits, Brazil, Baron Munchausen and 12 Monkeys etc
    BUT!
    good lord it's the worst thing I've ever seen. I'll just leave the wiki description so you can see for yourselves:

" focuses on the increasingly dark, imaginative fantasy life the girl creates with the aid of dismembered Barbie doll heads that she often wears on her fingertips. With names such as Mystique, Sateen Lips, Baby Blonde and Glitter Gal, the doll heads not only engage in long conversations with Jeliza-Rose, reflecting different aspects of the girl's psyche, but also act as her companions while she explores the barren Texas landscape.

After her mother overdoses on Methadone, Jeliza-Rose and her father, Noah, flee to Noah's mother's home, a remote Texas farmhouse. Noah fears that with all the drugs in their house he will lose Jeliza-Rose and be sent to prison, so he attempts to set it alight before they leave, although Jeliza-Rose manages to stop him. They find the farmhouse abandoned, but they settle in anyway. Their first night there, Noah dies from a heroin overdose. For much of the rest of the film, Noah's corpse remains seated upright in a living room chair with sunglasses covering his eyes. As her father slowly begins to decompose, Jeliza-Rose doesn't readily acknowledge his death because she has grown accustomed to him being unconscious for long periods at a time. Instead, she retreats deeper and deeper into her own mind, exploring the tall grass around the farmhouse, relying on her doll heads for friendship as an unconscious way of keeping herself from feeling too lonely and afraid."

So yes, Jeff Bridges sits dead in a chair for the film decomposing whilst the young girl talks to barbie doll heads on her fingers. no lol needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Under The Skin
    This ends with a guy who they badly CGIed his face cause he's supposed to be disfigured or something, and she suddenly feels guilty and stops..I think. Some other stuff happen que a full frontal nude scene with her that you had to go to a long ass slog for then she dies the end.
    I don't know if they enhanced his disfigurement, I haven't seen it, but Adam Pearson is like Elephant man deformed.