Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Well besides the fact that even criminals have due process and don't deserve to be executed in the street even if they are resisting arrest, there's been tons of examples of trigger happy cops killing innocent people. Then the precincts cover it up or find no wrong doing or just move the cops to another precinct so they can continue their aggressive behavior leading to more violent interactions with innocent people. If you aren't seeing these cases being protested, I think that's on you.
    I mean I don't think it is. There are stories of cops dropping people off in the middle of no where when its - 40c for example and I've not seen a protest about that. What I have seen are the worse examples being highlighted and later on embarrassingly ignored when evidence of what actually occured comes to light ( the most eye rolling one was based around a recorded suicide ).
    I would just find it refreshing if they picked a case where it doesn't appear that the cops were arguably in the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I would just find it refreshing if they picked a case where it doesn't appear that the cops were arguably in the right.
    There's been plenty of cases of innocent unarmed people being killed that have been brought up in this very thread. It's just that police abuse happens so frequently that new cases are brought up and people forget about the old ones. Then some people cherry pick cases, like you mentioned, and claim that it's all just criminals. It can also takes months or years for any traction or evidence to come out one way or another. And you are right, sometimes the evidence shows that the police were justified. In other cases, the police weren't justified but for one reason or another are acquitted. Very rarely, like in the murder of Botham Jean, do we see any actual justice.

Rittenhouse posted $2million bail and is out walking around free right now

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Rittenhouse posted $2million bail and is out walking around free right now
    Hope he enjoys his little freedom before his goes to jail for the rest of his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Hope he enjoys his little freedom before his goes to jail for the rest of his life.
    I think at least an eye brow should be raised at him being able to afford that bail...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think at least an eye brow should be raised at him being able to afford that bail...
    mypillow guy donated some of it, im not joking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    mypillow guy donated some of it, im not joking
    Then obviously those pillows are way over priced...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean I don't think it is. There are stories of cops dropping people off in the middle of no where when its - 40c for example and I've not seen a protest about that. What I have seen are the worse examples being highlighted and later on embarrassingly ignored when evidence of what actually occured comes to light ( the most eye rolling one was based around a recorded suicide ).
    where exactly is the arguable rightness In kneeing on some one for 10min until they die? Or shooting though walls killing a woman in her own home and not even being charged with manslaughter? or getting the good old boys to chase down a jogger and then using your contacts to avoid any jail time until months later when video goes public? or the billions of other examples that have been brought up through out the thread? one would think given how undeniably awful these things are that the arguable part would be that there all black and that makes it ok.

I mean I don't think it is. There are stories of cops dropping people off in the middle of no where when its - 40c for example and I've not seen a protest about that. .
    the protests are literally about the systemic problems in policing triggered by individual events usually involving one caught on camera.

I wont comment on the rest of your bootlicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they used a bondsman, they'd only need 10% IIRC. And there were big campaigns to support the murderous terrorist fuckhead, for some goddamned reason. Not shocked he's out, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    where exactly is the arguable rightness In kneeing on some one for 10min until they die? Or shooting though walls killing a woman in her own home and not even being charged with manslaughter? or getting the good old boys to chase down a jogger and then using your contacts to avoid any jail time until months later when video goes public? or the billions of other examples that have been brought up through out the thread? one would think given how undeniably awful these things are that the arguable part would be that there all black and that makes it ok.
    You'll find that it with these folks, it always boils down to "those black criminals should be slaughtered like animals", if you push them hard enough and long enough.

The entire attitude is an expression of deep, violent racism. Literally nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If they used a bondsman, they'd only need 10% IIRC.
    Wisconsin doesn't allow bondsmen.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I mean we know they don't but the examples they keep bringing up for these riots doesn't help their cases much.

It would be refreshing if they hitched their wagon to someone who wasn't in the process of assaulting someone or ignoring instructions.
    Making up fake crimes for the people they kill is not going to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    There's been plenty of cases of innocent unarmed people being killed that have been brought up in this very thread. It's just that police abuse happens so frequently that new cases are brought up and people forget about the old ones. Then some people cherry pick cases, like you mentioned, and claim that it's all just criminals. It can also takes months or years for any traction or evidence to come out one way or another. And you are right, sometimes the evidence shows that the police were justified. In other cases, the police weren't justified but for one reason or another are acquitted. Very rarely, like in the murder of Botham Jean, do we see any actual justice.
    I don't disagree with you but we are arguing two different things. These riots have almost been completely centered around instances where police force was warranted. I don't disagree with you just actual cases of abuse of power don't seem to get people as riled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    In order assuming I'm not mixing up cases...

He died of drug overdose not suffocation according to the autopsy.

I admit I'm not clear on the shooting case why where they shooting through the walls? Was it for fun or was their a very valid reason for it?

He was trespassing on a construction site and being followed be then charged them tried to tear a gun out of a mans hands and got shot in the struggle. I'm failing to see how any of that is anyone's fault but his.

I've yet to see a billion.

Don't get me wrong I'm not cheering when people die but I understand at some point you have to resort to using force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Making up fake crimes for the people they kill is not going to help you.
    Why would I bother rather then simply listing their real crimes?

I am not talking about people wrongly and in some dark cases clearly criminally killed by police. I am speaking on the majority of the cases that have sparked these riots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree with you but we are arguing two different things. These riots have almost been completely centered around instances where police force was warranted. I don't disagree with you just actual cases of abuse of power don't seem to get people as riled up.
    Which ones? If almost all were about were police force was warranted. Briana Taylor or Floyd? Since those were the largest ones...

Source...

I admit I'm not clear on the shooting case why where they shooting through the walls? Was it for fun or was their a very valid reason for it?
    They made a mistake and are actively trying to cover it up.

He was trespassing on a construction site and being followed be then charged them tried to tear a gun out of a mans hands and got shot in the struggle. I'm failing to see how any of that is anyone's fault but his.
    What? They cut him off in broad daylight and attacked him. The assailants then called their cop buddies and tried to cover it up. The guy was simply jogging and got attacked by two men. wTF?

Don't get me wrong I'm not cheering when people die but I understand at some point you have to resort to using force.
    Let’s see you list these instances you are aware of, where the force applied was justified. We can discuss if the means cheering... after...

- - - Updated - - -

Because you are arguing that killing people is warranted.

I am not talking about people wrongly and in some dark cases clearly criminally killed by police. I am speaking on the majority of the cases that have sparked these riots.
    That’s why he is calling it fake and am waiting for examples.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/ge...psy/index.html
    The independent autopsy says Floyd died of "asphyxiation from sustained pressure" when his neck and back were compressed by Minneapolis police officers during his arrest last week. The pressure cut off blood flow to his brain, that autopsy determined.

But the medical examiner's office, in its report also released Monday, said that the cause of death is "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." Cardiopulmonary arrest means Floyd's heart failed.
    The county said that fentanyl and methamphetamine use were among "significant conditions," but its report didn't say how much of either drug was in Floyd's system or how that may have contributed.
    This is why people say you are lying. You get your news from shitty sources...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

so what exactly are you, just willfully Ignorant or a blatently bad liar? drug overdose and trespassing? what bullshit you peddling?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

These are lies and can be summarily dismissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so what exactly are you, just willfully Ignorant or a blatently bad liar? drug overdose and trespassing? what bullshit you peddling?
    I’ve seen you post on here a lot... you know exactly the bullshit he is peddling...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    These are lies and can be summarily dismissed.
    This isn’t lies... this is like someone dancing to an Antifa song, draped in a blue line flag. The assertion being made, isn’t a lie... it’s........

Edit: I am not calling anyone ‘ellipsis’, that’s intended to signify me trailing off... lol

- - - Updated - - -

1. He died of drug overdose not suffocation according to the autopsy.

2. He was trespassing on a construction site and being followed be then charged them tried to tear a gun out of a mans hands and got shot in the struggle. I'm failing to see how any of that is anyone's fault but his.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Both autopsies showed he died to suffocation by compression to the neck. There wasn't enough drugs in his system for him to die. He was in cuffs, with 3 people on top of him, saying he couldn't breathe, then he suffocated.

2. And Ahmaud Arbery was the ONLY person that was stopped, even though there were 11 white people that trespassed on the same construction site over the months prior to the killing of Arbery. They chased him down the road and blocked him in with 2 trucks, and then some random redneck jumps out of their truck with a fucking gun pointed at you, what would you do? Sit there and take it or would you run and defend yourself? My guess is you would defend yourself. And thanks to the evidence that has come out since the arrests, we now know that these good ol' boys were racist dumbasses without their hoods and that they wanted to have their computers deleted to not show how racist they actually are.

You really shouldn't talk about things you CLEARLY do not know about.

I’ve seen you post on here a lot... you know exactly the bullshit he is peddling...
    I pray every day for a cure for stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You really shouldn't talk about things you CLEARLY do not know about.
    I’d encourage expanding their news sources... that’s the issue here... he isn’t making this up... someone told him as much. I wouldn’t say stop listening, but encourage viewing alternatives.