Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    True or false: It is possible, regardless of this event, to have world pvp with warmode off?
    TheRevanantHero is at best wrong or at worst BSing. As you can see this is the old style PVP flagging, still in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Serious question, how big of a deal is this? Yes, you paid money, yes, you cannot play for whatever reasons, but do people play 24/7? Is missing some play in your favorite(?) pastime activity that much of an issue?

Do people also go complain in the same manner, with the same energy if they were inconvenience with something more serious, like unable to go to work because the public transport was down.

So people got turned into a zombie and got killed. Well, run back to the body. Afterall, I am sure people have died in the game before so this is not a new experience for them.

It's no big deal. You can do everything you still do now. At worst it's a 30s corpse run every so often if you're at a bank or a AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    TheRevanantHero is at best wrong or at worst BSing. As you can see this is the old style PVP flagging, still in game.

- - - Updated - - -

It's no big deal. You can do everything you still do now. At worst it's a 30s corpse run every so often if you're at a bank or a AH.
    My point was that if I don't have pvp enabled, I will not be flagged unless I walk into the opposite faction's cities. The opposite faction can't touch me out in the open world if I have war mode turned off. Period. This event has decided to give pvpers a way to grief players because even if you have war mode turned off, you immediately get flagged for pvp when someone infects you. This will even happen if people on your own faction infect you. So Blizzard is quite literally forcing players into pvp with this event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Serious question, how big of a deal is this? Yes, you paid money, yes, you cannot play for whatever reasons, but do people play 24/7? Is missing some play in your favorite(?) pastime activity that much of an issue?

Do people also go complain in the same manner, with the same energy if they were inconvenience with something more serious, like unable to go to work because the public transport was down.

So people got turned into a zombie and got killed. Well, run back to the body. Afterall, I am sure people have died in the game before so this is not a new experience for them.
    If I'm paying $15 a month, I shouldn't be forced into content I don't want to do. This isn't just a case of running back to your body. There is the added bull shit of being flagged for pvp even if you don't want to partake in pvp. So as soon as someone infects you, you have do deal with people trolling as a ghoul and the opposing faction looking to gank players who get involuntarily flagged.

Come on... It's just a few days of an event that only happens before a Death-themed expansion, and the last one took place 12 YEARS AGO!

One week of zombies EVERY 12 YEARS!

There's nothing centennials won't cry about lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    My point was that if I don't have pvp enabled, I will not be flagged unless I walk into the opposite faction's cities. The opposite faction can't touch me out in the open world if I have war mode turned off. Period. This event has decided to give pvpers a way to grief players because even if you have war mode turned off, you immediately get flagged for pvp when someone infects you. This will even happen if people on your own faction infect you. So Blizzard is quite literally forcing players into pvp with this event.

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm paying $15 a month, I shouldn't be forced into content I don't want to do. This isn't just a case of running back to your body. There is the added bull shit of being flagged for pvp even if you don't want to partake in pvp. So as soon as someone infects you, you have do deal with people trolling as a ghoul and the opposing faction looking to gank players who get involuntarily flagged.
    How are there pvper on your war mode off shard?

How are there pvper on your war mode off shard?
    If I have to explain this again, I'm going to go insane. As soon as you are flagged for pvp, other people flagged can see you and attack you. It's either a fucking bug or intended. Either way, it's fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You gotta be blind not to see their slow ass cast bar and back off a couple yard.
    Have you seen the Mass of people at Bronjahm, and Skadi... Melee can't see a thing, let alone the immense Server lag once everyone starts attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
    Come on... It's just a few days of an event that only happens before a Death-themed expansion, and the last one took place 12 YEARS AGO!

One week of zombies EVERY 12 YEARS!

There's nothing centennials won't cry about lol
    It fucking sucked 12 years ago too. It's almost like Blizzard never learns from their mistakes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Have you seen the Mass of people at Bronjahm, and Skadi... Melee can't see a thing, let alone the immense Server lag once everyone starts attacking.
    I have cast bars turned on

- - - Updated - - -

It fucking sucked 12 years ago too. It's almost like Blizzard never learns from their mistakes or something.
    Not it didnt. Wrath pre patch was awesome. Its basically unanimous

- - - Updated - - -

If I have to explain this again, I'm going to go insane. As soon as you are flagged for pvp, other people flagged can see you and attack you. It's either a fucking bug or intended. Either way, it's fucking stupid.
    I understand that but how are there pvpers on your war mode off shard?

I have cast bars turned on

- - - Updated - - -

Not it didnt. Wrath pre patch was awesome. Its basically unanimous

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that but how are there pvpers on your war mode off shard?
    First of all, it is NOT unanimous that it was "awesome" in the Wrath pre-patch. A lot of people, including me, fucking hated it. As for your other comment, I have no fucking idea. I've been killed so many times by Horde purely because someone in the Alliance infected me.

First of all, it is NOT unanimous that it was "awesome" in the Wrath pre-patch. A lot of people, including me, fucking hated it. As for your other comment, I have no fucking idea. I've been killed so many times by Horde purely because someone in the Alliance infected me.
    Nah its just you lmao. It was absolutely love

Nah its just you lmao. It was absolutely love
    There are plenty of people in this very thread who said they hated the wrath prepatch too. do you not know what unanimous means?

There are plenty of people in this very thread who said they hated the wrath prepatch too. do you not know what unanimous means?
    I do lmao but its 99% is close enough for me

I do lmao but its 99% is close enough for me
    No it really isn't. I'm not even going to bother anymore. You are clearly just trying to get a rise out of me rather than offering anything of substance to say.

No it really isn't. I'm not even going to bother anymore. You are clearly just trying to get a rise out of me rather than offering anything of substance to say.
    Ive done my best to try to get you to understand how war mode actually works rather than how you perceive it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    The thing I find confusing is why do you care so much about the non-zombie parts of the event? The prepatch loot is garbage. Playing as a zombie sounds a lot more interesting than farming garbage. From what I see the only reason to log in right now is to run around as a zombie.
    It's not garbage if you've got just-50 alts, especially the i115 weapon from Nathanos.

- - - Updated - - -

That is completely beside the point. The issue is not whether is not consensual PvP is possible with WM off, and arguing about that is just obfuscating things. The point is that the ghouls can force non-consensual PvP on people, and because the force flagging, allow others to also engage the non-consenting person in PvP if they're of the opposite faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    all
    of
    THIS.
    Is hilarious. 4 days at the ass-end of an expansion dedicated to chaos and people lose their minds. Watching the angry posts is even more amusing than actually logging in and zombifying people.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Aside from get loot from rares/Nathanos if you were infected at the moment of the kill. Time wasting if it was Nathanos, and the loss of an opportunity that people with limited play time might not see for another day or two if an ICC rare. It's often not nearly as insignificant an annoyance as you make out.

Ive done my best to try to get you to understand how war mode actually works rather than how you perceive it to work.
    No. You haven't explained ANYTHING. I've explained what's happening and you just go "lol you're wrong" with absolutely nothing of substance of WHY you are saying I'm wrong. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    OF course on my realm those with Warmode off have basically told Blizzard where to shove it by not participating at all. Immediately kill whatever zombie shows up and go about your business. Blizzard needs to realize that forcing your players to do content like that will always be a failure and that refusing to put in an opt out will not cause more players to partake. THey will simply find ways to avoid it. The devs really are clueless.
    Yea, this zombie shenanigans should only affect the Warmode on side.

No. You haven't explained ANYTHING. I've explained what's happening and you just go "lol you're wrong" with absolutely nothing of substance of WHY you are saying I'm wrong. But whatever.
    I posted an article from the blizzard website. I dont think they are wrong about these kind of things