Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This would have been far more amusing, if you said envision, instead of assuming... -10 sarcasm points...
    Don't worry I fix
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Nope, this is wrong. You should clearly want to fuck any guy you want to be friends with. Thats the only right way according to @PC2
    I feel sorry for bisexual people. They can't have any friends, because they apparently want to fuck everyone, women and men.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I feel sorry for bisexual people. They can't have any friends, because they apparently want to fuck everyone, women and men.
    Just cus you want to smash doesn't mean you can't be or have friends, it just means that you aren't "just friends"

I think this is the point many people are missing in this thread.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring the ridiculous amount of real world experience I have: No, its impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't have enough repetitive vapid threads.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Just cus you want to smash doesn't mean you can't be or have friends, it just means that you aren't "just friends"

I think this is the point many people are missing in this thread.
    Just going by the logic of the OP and PrimaryColor, that men can't be friends with women, because men are horny lot. Therefore, bisexuals can't have friends. Or bisexual men can't, but bisexual women can?

Yeah, it doesn't seem to make much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see why not, depends on how mature both parties are.

For a man perspective it is fairly vile to act like a good friend just to try and get some action, it is also useful to have a woman friend you can confide in and vice versa.
    Unless you look awful and don't take care of yourself sex is fairly easy to get nowadays, it is not worth torpedoing a good friendship over because in most cases sex ruins a good friendship if the intend was never to be more than that in my opinion.

I have to say it also depends on your partner and there are boundaries, i wouldn't be okay with my female friends cuddling me and what not all the time if i had a girlfriend but that's just me, same way i don't find it okay the other way around even if some people are more physical than others.

Now if you are an incel i can see why this doesn't come across believable but those are people that have decided to give up on themselves and blame others for their own behaviour.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Right but does that apply to the majority of guys and to the majority of cases where there is a guy and a good looking gal? This thread doesn't have to be about every guy and every relationship but just about the average or typical case.
    reading through variety of responses of yours... something interesting i've noticed. you apparently have no problem with being friends with women who are in relationships already. so why does that switch click off in those cases but not when they are single? attractive women are attractive whether they are in relationship or single. so why can you, but your own words not have these issues when they are attached?

moreover... are you trying to claim that only (lets say conventionally) attractive people get to experience sexual desire or be desired? really? and "normies" never pair up, never enjoy sexual attraction and sex? because looks are the only thing that matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Just going by the logic of the OP and PrimaryColor, that men can't be friends with women, because men are horny lot. Therefore, bisexuals can't have friends. Or bisexual men can't, but bisexual women can?

Yeah, it doesn't seem to make much sense.
    right? its what confuses me as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to say No, I am sure that isn't Politically correct and I am open to being wrong, but in general. Now don't get me wrong in a professional setting certainly.

I believe women and men can have a purely professional relationship.

Keep in mind being working relationships, acquaintances in my opinion are NOT friendships.

Few exceptions being close relatives, and men and women who aren't attracted to the opposite sex. In my experience and from what I have observed that is just the way it is.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Yes, but it's harder if your life is otherwise devoid of romance/sex. That's why I consider apps like Tinder good overall as it's a very approachable channel to meeting people to form a sexual relationship with, romantic or otherwise.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Of course they can be friends, the only question is if they can be friends in an unrequited love-relationship, to which I would say no - not in a way I would consider healthy. And with "unrequited love" I actually mean love, like the brainy hormone love cocktail chemistry stuff you can't reasonably fight against - not lust. The latter is easy enough to suppress, while the former can only lead to an abusive relationship (sometimes not even intentionally abusive).

I assume the same applies to homosexuals, making it not a thing exclusive between men and women.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Of course they can be friends, the only question is if they can be friends in an unrequited love-relationship, to which I would say no - not in a way I would consider healthy. And with "unrequited love" I actually mean love, like the brainy hormone love cocktail chemistry stuff you can't reasonably fight against - not lust. The latter is easy enough to suppress, while the former can only lead to an abusive relationship (sometimes not even intentionally abusive).

I assume the same applies to homosexuals, making it not a thing exclusive between men and women.
    Exactly yeah I don't understand why so many guys think an unrequited love friendship is still a real friendship. A friendship that is based on an inequality obviously has nothing to do with a real mutual friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For those thinking there's still any value to this argument, and that men can only see women as bangable, I gotta ask; do you feel the same way about your mothers and sisters and aunts and so forth? You'd bang 'em, if they gave you a shot? Or are you able to maintain a healthy platonic relationship with them?

Because having a platonic friend isn't any friggin' different. If you can manage to not pop a stiffy every time your mom bends over, you can be platonic friends with women. The difference is that you don't want to. You're horning out over every woman you meet, and you think that's normal.

And it's not.
    Of course someone can be just be friends with someone they aren't sexually attracted to. So your argument doesn't really work unless you actually find your mom attractive.

But the real question everyone should be asking is what constitutes friendship? If I only really like someone because they buy my meals when we go out are we still friends? What if I help them move and do other things with them that has a greater value than the meals? Does that suddenly make the friendship more real? What if I only started talking to a person because they are the only one I know I can talk to about paper airplane racing? What if I love helping people and so befriended someone who is always sick so I can help them out?

The fact of the matter is that we all want something out of our relationships with other people even online, maybe we want to troll someone to watch them get riled up or maybe we want to espouse our moral superiority and or intellect and berate our lessers only to flee the area instead of apologizing if we misconstrued what we thought they meant. In the end no matter what type of relationship it is an individual will always want something out of it so who cares if you hope one day you can hook up with the other person as long as you don't expect or demand that the relationship go any further than the other person wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    reading through variety of responses of yours... something interesting i've noticed. you apparently have no problem with being friends with women who are in relationships already. so why does that switch click off in those cases but not when they are single? attractive women are attractive whether they are in relationship or single. so why can you, but your own words not have these issues when they are attached?
    i would be mre curious why he assosiates all single women with potential sexual partners while not assosiating married women that way .

its not like married women and men dont cheat - i myself had affairs with at least couple of married women in my "single bachelor/uni" years as they were one of the best relationsips you could get - 0 emotional atachements and pure sex .

eh if only tinder was a thing back then ..... oh well c'est la vie

later i stopped that because i focused on long term relationships

i would assume he is either very young or surounds himself only with very "puritan" set of people thats why he sees married women as 100% pure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quiznart View Post
    Of course someone can be just be friends with someone they aren't sexually attracted to. So your argument doesn't really work unless you actually find your mom attractive.
    you do realise i hope that you can find someone attractive without having imidiate sexual thoughts about them -_-

i for example have a lot of objectively very attractive cousins (female) but i would never though about banging them .

the same way if i see nicely build man in magazines like men health i can objectively imidiately say that he is very attractive and that i envy him his muscles/form without having any sexual thoughts about it.

again like i said before i think some people have a lot of suppresed sexual tension and thats why they percive all women that way .

maybe more countries should adopt the kind of "sexual helper" programs that some scandinavian countries have - for example subsidizing 1 visit a month in brothel if they arent sexualy active for long time - i belive sweden has a program like that but i can be wrong.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-11-21 at 07:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not like married women and men dont cheat - i myself had affairs with at least couple of married women in my "single bachelor/uni" years as they were one of the best relationsips you could get - 0 emotional atachements and pure sex.
    You're such a troublemaker, how could you do that!
    would assume he is either very young or surounds himself only with very "puritan" set of people thats why he sees married women as 100% pure.
    Yeah I'm a puritan that thinks the institution of marriage should be respected. If there is consent on all sides then it's ethical but if there isn't then you could end up destabilizing a family where there could be kids involved.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-21 at 02:46 PM.

Of course you can only be friends.

That doesn't mean I would not wanna bang them though if the chance arose and I found them hot.

Sorry, let's not have fun together because we're only friends. That's just pure stupidity in my book. There is no rule that you cannot fuck your friends, as long as you're both free and without existing commitment.

Guess so.

Altho i hate most females once i know them or get bored with their topics.
    So rather have male friends instead, and keep the females as girlfriend options works alot better in my case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Of course you can only be friends.

That doesn't mean I would not wanna bang them though if the chance arose and I found them hot.

Sorry, let's not have fun together because we're only friends. That's just pure stupidity in my book. There is no rule that you cannot fuck your friends, as long as you're both free and without existing commitment.
    That's good but if you would "bang" a female "friend" if given the chance then how could you count that as a real platonic friendship? A truly platonic relationship is one where you never see prospect in it being a non-platonic relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    That's good but if you would "bang" a female "friend" if given the chance then how could you count that as a real platonic friendship? A truly platonic relationship is one where you never see prospect in it being a non-platonic relationship.
    That's not what "platonic" means.

It describes the current relationship. Not any potential future changes to that relationship.

If you're currently not in a sexual relationship with each other and neither of you are pursuing a sexual relationship with each other, your relationship is platonic. That it may become sexual in the future does not change that, it just means your relationship developed from platonic to sexual. Which can happen.

I'll also take issue with the phrasing of "bang them if given the chance". If all you're there for is the possibility of banging them someday, yeah, not only is that not platonic, but you're also not a friend. You're a dishonest predator, waiting for your opportunity. The issue there is that you're not their friend and have no desire to be their friend, because all you can think about is having sex. That's a personal problem; it isn't normal. I don't think that's what StayTuned was getting at, so don't take that as a personal shot, I'm taking issue with specific phrasing.

10+ Year Old Account
    With how some of you seemingly male posters act here - especially Gen-OT - I highly doubt this could be true.

But in the real world in which we all exist, yes it is entirely possible. And is in fact a common behavior.