Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Is hilarious. 4 days at the ass-end of an expansion dedicated to chaos and people lose their minds. Watching the angry posts is even more amusing than actually logging in and zombifying people.
    It's almost like people don't want to be forced into content that they're not interested in after paying a monthly fee for the game. Because screw them right? They should be forced into content that they directly opted out of whether they like it or not and pay for the experience!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I posted an article from the blizzard website. I dont think they are wrong about these kind of things
    And I explained how your article was completely irrelevant. I explained how if someone is a ghoul and they infect you, you are immediately flagged for pvp even if you don't have war mode enabled. I pointed out how even people in your own faction can force flag you for pvp. As soon as you are flagged for pvp, people with war mode on or are manually flagged for pvp can see you and then attack you. Try reading all of that before responding again, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Aside from get loot from rares/Nathanos if you were infected at the moment of the kill. Time wasting if it was Nathanos, and the loss of an opportunity that people with limited play time might not see for another day or two if an ICC rare. It's often not nearly as insignificant an annoyance as you make out.
    Funny that thos epeople have time enough to whine about it in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yes if you already have 32 slot bags in the rest of your slots? If you don't? That means more than a 2 slot increase.
    costs like 50g for a 32slot bag

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    costs like 50g for a 32slot bag
    Not on my realm. They are going for far more than 50g. 6500g currently and the price goes up further than that. No way in hell they are only going for 50g on any realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Nah its just you lmao. It was absolutely love
    No it wasn't. They shut it down early because of all the compalints. Stop lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Is hilarious. 4 days at the ass-end of an expansion dedicated to chaos and people lose their minds. Watching the angry posts is even more amusing than actually logging in and zombifying people.
    Yeah, how dare people want to play the parts of the game they like and not be forced to be a part of something they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Your not forced to be in the air all the time, there thousands of places you cant get to by foot, the event also has nothing to do with PvP, your transformed into an npc and they need the ability to attack all players, your complaints about a short term event just show the self entitlement some players have just because they think that sub money gives you special rights, i dont even participate in PvP unless it gives me a benefit and only been a zombie twice this event.

You could choose to find a suitable area to do all your roleplaying and never see a zombie but instead you just complain.
    Has nnothing to do with PvP? Then why are you forced flag? How are you able to attack other players. PvP is factually a part of it so you cannot say it has nothing to do with the event because Players attacking others IS IN THE EVENT. It is also ironic that you accuse others of entitlement when your blind defense of it is entitlement on your part.

Also,, players have the right to complain and Blizzard needs to hear it. It's the only way they are finally going to learn their lesson.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    If you actually care about that bag, or any of the loot from the event you have bigger problems than "griefing"
    You do know that many people have undergeared alts and that gear can be a big help for when they start to level in Shadowlands right? I have a warlock that is level 75. That 110 gear and 115 weapon would be a very big help; for leveling in Shadowlands. How does getting gear for that mean I have problems?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I did read it and I'm not cherrypicking. And it's still the same thing.

Because complaining about an event that Blizzard DECIDED that it will affect ALL PLAYERS in order to pave the way for their next expansion is not even remotely the same as crying during a funeral.

The latter is a thousand times more serious. Especially since it has long lasting effects. An ingame event that lasts for 7 days is just that, because it will be forgotten afterwards.

Telling someone that an ingame event isn't a big deal is just a harmless opinion. Telling someone to not cry at a funeral because it's not a big deal makes them a complete piece of shit.

Also the event ends in 3 days. I don't know why you're doing this to yourself.
    You are completely missing the point. He is talking about your ATTITUE. What he is saying is to stop dictating to others how they can and cannot feel about the event. You would tell others a t a funeral to stop crying, so stop trying to dictate to others how they should feel about the event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You always seem to speak for so many, yet you only speak for yourself. You are not having fun, not "people". You should realize that. And you seem to put your enjoyment over the enjoyment of others.
    Funny, you could say the same thig to all those blindly defending the event and you are perfectly describing the grieferes. You are having fun and you are putting your enjoyment of the game over his and others who don't like it. That is called hypocrisy.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-21 at 07:39 AM.

Pretty sad to see the state of the community when Blizzard can't even run a (now very minor) world changing event for a week and people just complain about inconvenience. The community is a major blocker to any innovations at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's almost like people don't want to be forced into content that they're not interested in after paying a monthly fee for the game. Because screw them right? They should be forced into content that they directly opted out of whether they like it or not and pay for the experience!
    You are not forced into participating in the world event that is Nathanos and Icecrown rares. If you participate on your own free will then you have to deal with the zombie plague because that IS the event. If you don't want Nathanos/Icecrown it is very easy to avoid, do your banking in Ironforge, do your leveling in the backwaters of Bumfuck Kalimdor.

You are a role player, yes? For a couple of days Blizzard gives you a threat to Azeroth you don't even have to pretend play. Rise up with your friends, seek out zombies and cleanse our Azeroth from them. I begin to think that I did more roleplaying than you in the last few days.

God beware if some of you guys face harder times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    My point was that if I don't have pvp enabled, I will not be flagged unless I walk into the opposite faction's cities. The opposite faction can't touch me out in the open world if I have war mode turned off. Period. This event has decided to give pvpers a way to grief players because even if you have war mode turned off, you immediately get flagged for pvp when someone infects you. This will even happen if people on your own faction infect you. So Blizzard is quite literally forcing players into pvp with this event.

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm paying $15 a month, I shouldn't be forced into content I don't want to do. This isn't just a case of running back to your body. There is the added bull shit of being flagged for pvp even if you don't want to partake in pvp. So as soon as someone infects you, you have do deal with people trolling as a ghoul and the opposing faction looking to gank players who get involuntarily flagged.
    In the old days you would have been a fine target for camping, The zombies are only for a few days..... You lost little less than three bucks for your troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You are not forced into participating in the world event that is Nathanos and Icecrown rares. If you participate on your own free will then you have to deal with the zombie plague because that IS the event. If you don't want Nathanos/Icecrown it is very easy to avoid, do your banking in Ironforge, do your leveling in the backwaters of Bumfuck Kalimdor.

You are a role player, yes? For a couple of days Blizzard gives you a threat to Azeroth you don't even have to pretend play. Rise up with your friends, seek out zombies and cleanse our Azeroth from them. I begin to think that I did more roleplaying than you in the last few days.
    Stop dictating to others how to play the game or what they should enjoy. If they don't want to take part in the zombie event, that is their right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Pretty sad to see the state of the community when Blizzard can't even run a (now very minor) world changing event for a week and people just complain about inconvenience. The community is a major blocker to any innovations at this point.
    People have the right to complain. Also, Blizzard absolutely can run the event and they have a simple solution already in game. It's called Warmode. Then they could create even more chaos than they are now and everyone wins. But that would requrie the devs to actually be able to think about, and be able to, grasp such an easy concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notnow View Post
    In the old days you would have been a fine target for camping, The zombies are only for a few days..... You lost little less than three bucks for your troubles.
    And this is the toxic player attitude that the game needs to rid it self of.

Stop dictating to others how to play the game or what they should enjoy. If they don't want to take part in the zombie event, that is their right.

- - - Updated - - -

People have the right to complain. Also, Blizzard absolutely can run the event and they have a simple solution already in game. It's called Warmode. Then they could create even more chaos than they are now and everyone wins. But that would requrie the devs to actually be able to think about, and be able to, grasp such an easy concept.

- - - Updated - - -

And this is the toxic player attitude that the game needs to rid it self of.
    You are whining over a game, the event is worth like $3 of game time. Its fine if you dont like it, your opinion wont change it. Just get it over with, its like getting a root canal. I honestly think you are just trolling the forums at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

If its causing you so much distress then take a break until its over, its better for you that way. Its not actually hurting anyone, its a few days.
    The best advice I can give you, since you seem like you never learned it is to just let it go.
    Its not worth tiring yourself out over trivial things, go help out in a soup kitchen or donate that $3 to something worth while.

I loved the Wrath pre-event, this is nothing like that, it didn't PvP flag you or interfere with other limited time activities. I'm left to assume people actually don't remember it correctly and that the ones who haven't encountered any zombies are not bothering with the current events where large amounts of people are.

CoT on my server is overrun with zombies, the trivia givers are surrounded by bodies and skeletons, general chat is always scrolling with people complaining about it. Not to mention opposing faction farming HKs at the zone in from unsuspecting players who didn't realize they were flagged coming in from SW/Org. Darkshire is a nightmare if you're trying to do the Death's Rising intro quests. I don't know how it's possible to kill the 12 undead you need there anymore without being flagged/turned into a ghoul.

During a Patchwerk encounter, one ran into the group during combat so no one saw it coming, infected probably a good 50+ people who all turned before Patchwerk was dead so no one got any loot. Then, of course, since that auto-flagged everyone anyone who resed ran the risk of being killed by opposing faction, which happened to a few. I've also seen some ghouls trolling around Nathanos.

It's disingenuous to say that it hasn't been a problem and that they're avoidable for anyone who doesn't want to (and shouldn't have to) opt out of two simultaneous events that also end in a few days. Frankly, the ghoul part of the event seems like a buggy mess Blizzard didn't have the time or care to fix and just said F it. It amazes me anyone thinks it's well implemented in any capacity.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I loved the Wrath pre-event, this is nothing like that, it didn't PvP flag you or interfere with other limited time activities. I'm left to assume people actually don't remember it correctly and that the ones who haven't encountered any zombies are not bothering with the current events where large amounts of people are.

CoT on my server is overrun with zombies, the trivia givers are surrounded by bodies and skeletons, general chat is always scrolling with people complaining about it. Not to mention opposing faction farming HKs at the zone in from unsuspecting players who didn't realize they were flagged coming in from SW/Org. Darkshire is a nightmare if you're trying to do the Death's Rising intro quests. I don't know how it's possible to kill the 12 undead you need there anymore without being flagged/turned into a ghoul.

During a Patchwerk encounter, one ran into the group during combat so no one saw it coming, infected probably a good 50+ people who all turned before Patchwerk was dead so no one got any loot. Then, of course, since that auto-flagged everyone anyone who resed ran the risk of being killed by opposing faction, which happened to a few. I've also seen some ghouls trolling around Nathanos.

It's disingenuous to say that it hasn't been a problem and that they're avoidable for anyone who doesn't want to (and shouldn't have to) opt out of two simultaneous events that also end in a few days. Frankly, the ghoul part of the event seems like a buggy mess Blizzard didn't have the time or care to fix and just said F it. It amazes me anyone thinks it's well implemented in any capacity.
    the zombies are only for a very limited time, Its part of the story. people understand your hardships but imagine how bad it is for the NPCs, You are just going through what they do. try to embrace it in some way and be a part of the story, go into Shadowlands with the mindset of killing the one who caused it in the first palce.

- - - Updated - - -

this isnt end game content, its extra and just to tie players over and connect the story, build stakes.....
    Its very limited as an event and of course its different than the wrath event, This is an uncontrolled scourge, no helm or lich king holding them back.

Its meant to suck, its meant to be worse. Back in Wrath the lich king wanted us to come for him to build that elite team of his, The helm of domination gave him control over the scourge (by extension the jailor), without it the scourge is free to wash over the world bringing an end to all life. We're just stronger and can finally stop a fully unrestrained scourge.

This whole event is to show how far we have progressed in power that we can stop what was once seen as a major world ending threat and how much of a threat the jailor is.

You are whining over a game, the event is worth like $3 of game time. Its fine if you dont like it, your opinion wont change it. Just get it over with, its like getting a root canal. I honestly think you are just trolling the forums at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

If its causing you so much distress then take a break until its over, its better for you that way. Its not actually hurting anyone, its a few days.
    The best advice I can give you, since you seem like you never learned it is to just let it go.
    Its not worth tiring yourself out over trivial things, go help out in a soup kitchen or donate that $3 to something worth while.
    I am going to lodge my complaints. Who are you to tell me how to handle things? I don't like it and I am going to say so. Itr's the only way that Blizzard gets the message so they refrain from it in the fuyture or make the east changes that are already available to them to keep everyone happy.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you don't remember it correctly because there were so many complaints that Blizzard ended it early and compensated players.

- - - Updated - - -

Griefers will defend anything that allows them to grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Whats really sad is watching griefers completely unable to see things from someone elses perspective.

This seem to be a core-problem whenever there is a clash between PvPers and non-PvPers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a PVPer. Never liked it. But I see this ONE WEEK event as a minor annoyance. Because that's what it is now. Seems like a lot of people like it. As always in the Blizzard community the minority who doesn't like it, is the most vocal.

I'm sure you have serious research to prove your point Hansworst and majority/minority isn't your imagination only.

This is game not SERE training in army. No need to suffer or have no fun. There are survivial games for that or games like EVE Online.

Whole event is just "filler". Not finished, no great thinking and planning behind it. Rushed. Probably someone was thinking it will be good compromise between zombie lovers and people who don't like it so they watered old event to don't annoy people like in pre WoTLK times (game time refund!). And then they added autoPVP flagging without thinking what consequences it will have. Plus broken mechanic when ghoul can kill or infect someone not flagged or mess up looting. In a race to finish Shadowlands Blizz released unfinished, unpolished event.

I am going to lodge my complaints. Who are you to tell me how to handle things? I don't like it and I am going to say so. Itr's the only way that Blizzard gets the message so they refrain from it in the fuyture or make the east changes that are already available to them to keep everyone happy.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you don't remember it correctly because there were so many complaints that Blizzard ended it early and compensated players.

- - - Updated - - -

Griefers will defend anything that allows them to grief.
    Then email blizzard, contact them on twitter. Put your complaints where they matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumir View Post
    I'm sure you have serious research to prove your point Hansworst and majority/minority isn't your imagination only.

This is game not SERE training in army. No need to suffer or have no fun. There are survivial games for that or games like EVE Online.

Whole event is just "filler". Not finished, no great thinking and planning behind it. Rushed. Probably someone was thinking it will be good compromise between zombie lovers and people who don't like it so they watered old event to don't annoy people like in pre WoTLK times (game time refund!). And then they added autoPVP flagging without thinking what consequences it will have. Plus broken mechanic when ghoul can kill or infect someone not flagged or mess up looting. In a race to finish Shadowlands Blizz released unfinished, unpolished event.
    Do you have serious/research to prove everything you accuse Blizzard of?

- - - Updated - - -

Then email blizzard, contact them on twitter. Put your complaints where they matter.
    I will put them everywhere there are players. You get enough players together to go to BLizzard and complain, it will matter.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-21 at 09:45 AM.

Do you have serious/research to prove everything you accuse Blizzard of?

- - - Updated - - -

I will put them everywhere there are players. You get enough players together to go to BLizzard and complain, it will matter. Stop trying to dictate to others what to do.
    So you enjoy complaining about very short lived things?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus arnt you trying to dictate what others should or should not do?
    Who are you to tell them to not tell you what to do, Kettle black huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumir View Post
    No research needed. This thread is dominated by two people claiming the game is unplayable. Same ingame, 6 people screaming and crying in /1 how Blizzard ruined their lives. I see more zombies then whiners.