10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    1,951 deaths
    Hey remember just a couple weeks ago when we were happy to be on the "safe" side of ONE thousand?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey remember just a couple weeks ago when we were happy to be on the "safe" side of ONE thousand?
    I can barely remember 3 weeks ago when we passed 100k for the first time.

Hey, remember 3 weeks ago when Trump said that no one would care about Covid after the election. Just another thing that didn't pan out for him. Seriously, this guy is like the anti-Nostradamus. You could predict the future by just doing the opposite of whatever he says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Hey, remember 3 weeks ago when Trump said that no one would care about Covid after the election.
    I wonder if Donnie Dum-dum Jr. remembers.

That made me look at Mike Pence's latest statement on his whitehouse page. It's from June 16:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/...s-second-wave/
    There Isn’t a Coronavirus ‘Second Wave’

In recent days, the media has taken to sounding the alarm bells over a “second wave” of coronavirus infections. Such panic is overblown. Thanks to the leadership of President Trump and the courage and compassion of the American people, our public health system is far stronger than it was four months ago, and we are winning the fight against the invisible enemy.
    Lost in the coverage is the fact that today less than 6% of Americans tested each week are found to have the virus. Cases have stabilized over the past two weeks, with the daily average case rate across the U.S. dropping to 20,000—down from 30,000 in April and 25,000 in May. And in the past five days, deaths are down to fewer than 750 a day, a dramatic decline from 2,500 a day a few weeks ago—and a far cry from the 5,000 a day that some were predicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    "and a far cry from the 5,000 a day that some were predicting."
    What an asshole. "Your Honor, I might be on trial for murdering one person, but that's a far cry from the fifty murders some people said I'd commit. Clearly I'm not guilty and should be given a puppy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Good lord. Geraldo Rivera brought out Brian Williams' savage side:

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/...52552550240258
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Your president no fucks about you.

Trump appears to be skipping a side-event at the G20 virtual summit focused on pandemic preparedness. The President has just arrived at his golf course in Virginia.

Nearly 2000 people dying per day? Who gives a fuck, Trump needs to do more golfing, the activity he said he'd never have time for. He might be "fighting" to keep his position, but he's 100% checked out at this point.
    Was just going to post that. He's totally owning the libs or something though!

5+ Year Old Account
    I saw a reply that genuinely said it is his Saturday and he totally deserves some rest and a game of golf before he leaves the job lol
    The lengths people go to justify the activities of people they like.

Our species can be sooo dumb and emotionally illogical. Emotions are blessing and a curse.

Your president gives no fucks about you.

Trump appears to be skipping a side-event at the G20 virtual summit focused on pandemic preparedness. The President has just arrived at his golf course in Virginia.

Nearly 2000 people dying per day? Who gives a fuck, Trump needs to do more golfing, the activity he said he'd never have time for. He might be "fighting" to keep his position, but he's 100% checked out at this point.
    Yes. He is pig feces. I ask the stupid question all the time. Why vote or support this pig feces.

He has basically bailed on the American public since the election. I saw him cry yesterday he doesn't get credit, yet shows he wants the glory and does not want to put in the work of a G20 meeting.

Then again he is a little bitch and probably mad at G20 nations.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    The lengths people go to justify the activities of people they like.

Our species can be sooo dumb and emotionally illogical. Emotions are blessing and a curse.
    This reminded me of the most fucked up article I've read regarding this pendemic from a few days ago. it's fucking mindblowing how true your words are.

'It's not real': In South Dakota, which has shunned masks and other COVID rules, some people die in denial, nurse says

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This reminded me of the most fucked up article I've read regarding this pendemic from a few days ago. it's fucking mindblowing how true your words are.

'It's not real': In South Dakota, which has shunned masks and other COVID rules, some people die in denial, nurse says
    Geez that extra stress for those doctors and nurses. Cognitive dissonance is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How many of those would be willing to leave their living room couch and stop screaming at the TV to take any real action?
    Hopefully a very small percentage and hopefully they're as dumb as the other idiots before them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Geez that extra stress for those doctors and nurses. Cognitive dissonance is insane.
    Yeah its bad. Every day I get a new story from my wife about nurses and doctors being everything from yelled at to having things thrown at them by folks in moving vehicles as they walk to their own cars. It's scary that this is the world we live in.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Trump plans to end birthright citizenship via Executive Order in January.

"Can he do that?"

He plans to do it, whether he can or not. If the court overturns it after he leaves, he will just call them activisits on his TV show.
    He can't, birthright citizenship is enshrined in the Constitution and would require an amendment, which will never pass.

And what would he replace it with anyway? We talking Starship Troopers here where military service is required if you want the right to vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    He can't, birthright citizenship is enshrined in the Constitution and would require an amendment, which will never pass.

And what would he replace it with anyway? We talking Starship Troopers here where military service is required if you want the right to vote?
    The way they "explain" it, birthright citizenship only exists if the parents are basically citizens. I almost hope he does it just so that his conservative SCOTUS can toss his EO in the dungheap, because even they don't buy into that shit.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Most likely try to restrict it to requiring a US parent. I’m sure he’s targeting babies born on our soil to foreign nationals.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    The way they "explain" it, birthright citizenship only exists if the parents are basically citizens. I almost hope he does it just so that his conservative SCOTUS can toss his EO in the dungheap, because even they don't buy into that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Constitution, 14th Amendment
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside
    He can't do it.

Were you born here? Are you subject to US laws (this excludes only the children of foreign ambassadors to the US and possibly native Americans born in reservations)? Then you are a citizen.

Short of ratifying a new amendment to strike that portion from the 14th, which will NEVER happen, he legally has no authority whatsoever to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Won’t even get that far. In the time it takes for there to get a court case up there, Biden will have overturned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    He can't do it.

Were you born here? Are you subject to US laws (this excludes only the children of foreign ambassadors to the US and possibly native Americans born in reservations)? Then you are a citizen.

Short of ratifying a new amendment to strike that portion from the 14th, which will NEVER happen, he legally has no authority whatsoever to do this.
    Like so many things, just because he has no legal authority to do it doesn't mean that he can't do it. It will just trigger an immediate SCOTUS review and dismissal, and said ruling will be on the books forever.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Like so many things, just because he has no legal authority to do it doesn't mean that he can't do it. It will just trigger an immediate SCOTUS review and dismissal, and said ruling will be on the books forever.
    While I'm certain that Trump's potential executive order on the matter will have no bearing, Are we so sure that a primarily conservative Supreme court wont rule that these stipulations that clearly define citizenship will now rather arbitrarily not apply to children born to foreigners in the US just to extract some conservative victory in the waning Trump months? This "anchor baby" nonsense has been a conservative talking point for longer than Trump.

I'm sure the GOP is desperate for something to distract from the Trump shitshow. Such a ruling by the Supreme Court would both enrage liberals and get them to focus on that, while providing a "victory" for their conservative followers to cheer on to distract them from their embarrassment of the outgoing president.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-21 at 09:20 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.