10+ Year Old Account
    So you know that court hearing earlier in the week where Giuliani completely humiliated himself given his complete lack of familiarity with commonplace legal concepts and the like? The judge dismissed the Trump campaigns lawsuit with prejudice.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So you know that court hearing earlier in the week where Giuliani completely humiliated himself given his complete lack of familiarity with commonplace legal concepts and the like? The judge dismissed the Trump campaigns lawsuit with prejudice.
    And it's worth noting that dismissing with prejudice isn't an idle condemnation; it means the lawsuit is permanently thrown out. So they have no hope of "appealing it upwards."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-21 at 11:56 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Read the judges statements in that case. He was NOT amused. https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...ys-loser%2Fp84

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Read the judges statements in that case. He was NOT amused. https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...ys-loser%2Fp84
    Judges are often very busy people and probably don't like to have their and the court's time wasted by people's whose motives are so transparently and patently absurd.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    This is how "Fuck you" sounds bound in the language of legalese.

Here's the problem that Trumpsters and their ilk don't understand. What sounds good to the ignorant masses who gobble up misinformation like an obese family tears through shrimp at a las Vegas buffet... doesn't sound good to legal professionals.

All of these lawsuits are crumbling, because the legal merits simply don't exist. I'd be embarrassed for them, if I didn't loath them so fucking much.

Here's the part that the Trumpsters still don't get. As I've watched the pro-Trump banners rapidly disappear on social media, it appears they are hoping all of this is forgotten in the coming months. Little do they know, this will never be forgotten. My children will learn of the utter betrayal and lack of principles that Trump and his cultists displayed. They will be compared to the Southern Secessionists, and for good reason. My kids will know exactly why Trump was so bad, and I will be sure to provide evidence, so that there can be no mistake.

Trump supporters have yet to realize that they simply will not be included in the discourse moving forward. They will be incessantly mocked for the choices they made, and any attempts to rejoin society, will be met with laughter and scorn.

"If you want a seat at the table, then first admit you were wrong all along, and explain why the fuck anyone should believe someone who is utterly bereft of morals and principles."

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has now said the quiet part out loud and admitted that he hopes to get GOP legislatures to install his electors in states Biden won.

Any GOP legislator who goes along with this bullshit needs to be charged with treason and/or sedition.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And it's worth noting that dismissing with prejudice isn't an idle condemnation; it means the lawsuit is permanently thrown out. So they have no hope of "appealing it upwards."
    Incorrect, you can appeal it, you just cannot refile it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Republicans saying they’re ready to go to Civil War if Trump tells them to.
    That is not civil war.

That's terrorism. Trying to cause political change through threats and violence is terrorism. These people are terrorists.

Trump has now said the quiet part out loud and admitted that he hopes to get GOP legislatures to install his electors in states Biden won.

Any GOP legislator who goes along with this bullshit needs to be charged with treason and/or sedition.
    I have no idea if those charges would be appropriate (I doubt it), but I would be very surprised if any of them are actually stupid enough to try something like that. Trump may fancy himself a dictator, but do any GOP politicians outside of his inner circle of yes-men want to live in a dictatorship? Especially when the majority of the population would be aligned against them, and politicians/pundits have spent the past several months fearmongering about how those people love burning down cities?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-11-22 at 03:13 AM.

I was watching CNN earlier, and the idea of this being sedition was brought up. But the lawyer they had on pretty much shot down that idea because the thing about sedition is the law is very clear that it's "by force." So unless he has a gun to these people's head it wouldn't hold up in court, trump would just get off with just using his right for freedom of speech. But there are a few crimes related to treason so it might fall under one of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, and yet it won't happen. They'll be torn from their houses by angry mobs and torn to pieces. I don't condone this at all, it's not technically terrorism but it is murder, it's just a highly forseeable result.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I was watching CNN earlier, and the idea of this being sedition was brought up. But the lawyer they had on pretty much shot down that idea because the thing about sedition is the law is very clear that it's "by force." So unless he has a gun to these people's head it wouldn't hold up in court, trump would just get off with just using his right for freedom of speech. But there are a few crimes related to treason so it might fall under one of those.
    It just seems on a general "ought" level that acts against the very fabric of our governmental system should be treated very seriously. This is on the "Against the very idea of the United States" level of actions.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Nope. This isn't a "omg both sides" situation.
    Exactly. The police are not kidnapping you if they arrest you for murder and throw you in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I agree, and yet it won't happen. They'll be torn from their houses by angry mobs and torn to pieces. I don't condone this at all, it's not technically terrorism but it is murder, it's just a highly forseeable result.
    In this vein, another GOP Senator is starting to feel a bit nervous and is telling Trump to accept the loss.

GOP senator congratulates Biden, says Trump should accept results

As I said before I'm pretty sure more and more will come forth as time goes on. The GOP can't allow Trump to steal the election because it will directly impact them...physically, in the worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    It just seems on a general "ought" level that acts against the very fabric of our governmental system should be treated very seriously. This is on the "Against the very idea of the United States" level of actions.
    Oh I agree, it's very serious, especially this situation. Democracies is a very fragile thing, and at the end ultimately relies on a fair and just election. Trump is very much trying to throw that away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any info on that PA Rep. Mike Kelly's lawsuit attempting to declare mail-in ballots unconstitutional today?

I mean obviously it's bullshit but just curious if anyone has details on how he's trying to argue that to be the case, and why he waited until two and a half weeks after the election.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-11-22 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Oh I agree, it's very serious, especially this situation. Democracies is a very fragile thing, and at the end ultimately relies on a fair and just election. Trump is very much trying to throw that away.
    One of the biggest things that has been enforced in me is how hard the struggle for justice is and how swift the slide in to corruption comes.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Oh by the way, my wife brought this to my attention earlier: Trump supporters in Georgia are trying to get other Trump supporters in Georgia to boycott the runoff election unless Kemp gives Georgia to Trump. Oh, also because

"THE DEEP STATE WILL BE COLLECTING EVERYONE'S INFO. THIS IS A CHARADE, MEANT TO IDENTIFY PEOPLE WHO DON'T VOTE DEMOCRAT".
    Also:

THE ONLY WAY OUR VOICES GET HEARD IS by #boycott the vote
    I cannot tell if this is people trolling Trump supporters on Parler or if they're really this stupid. It's honestly a tossup at this point.

On Parler, a Pro-Trump Call For Georgia Runoff Boycott Threatens Mitch McConnell's Plan to Restrain Biden

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Any info on that PA Senator Mike Kelly's lawsuit attempting to declare mail-in ballots unconstitutional today?

I mean obviously it's bullshit but just curious if anyone has details on how he's trying to argue that to be the case, and why he waited until two and a half weeks after the election.
    Why he had to wait is obvious...he wanted to see if Trump's bullshit would get anywhere before he was forced to risk his political capital/career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Any info on that PA Senator Mike Kelly's lawsuit attempting to declare mail-in ballots unconstitutional today?

He's a Representative, not a Senator, but it'll likely get tossed out due to him waiting until after the election to sue about a law he thinks is unconstitutional.