Don't use warmode in the Maw at 60 if really care about min-maxing.

Basically in the maw you grind this resource called Stygia. It costs Stygia to buy sockets for your gear or conduit upgrades. It takes about 2 days for a conduit upgrade and a week to farm for 1 socket. Any time you die in the maw you lose 20% of all your stygia, which you can recover by getting back to your corpse and looting. If you die again before you can retrieve that stygia, it is lost forever. This is unlikely to happen in pve if you play carefully, with warmode on the risk of dying goes up a lot though.

As far as I know warmode bonuses also don't work on earning Stygia or rep in the maw, so there is no benefit to it in there outside of abilities.

You can lose a lot of farm time by dying in there repeatedly, which can't be made up because there is a cap on how much you can farm in a day.

Also be careful of edges of the world there, in some places if you fall off into abyss and die you can't retrieve your stygia since your body fell into the abyss, so you lose 20% forever from 1 death.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Basically in the maw you grind this resource called Stygia. It costs Stygia to buy sockets for your gear or conduit upgrades. It takes about 2 days for a conduit upgrade and a week to farm for 1 socket. Any time you die in the maw you lose 20% of all your stygia, which you can recover by getting back to your corpse and looting. If you die again before you can retrieve that stygia, it is lost forever. This is unlikely to happen in pve if you play carefully, with warmode on the risk of dying goes up a lot though.

As far as I know warmode bonuses also don't work on earning Stygia or rep in the maw, so there is no benefit to it in there outside of abilities.

You can lose a lot of farm time by dying in there repeatedly, which can't be made up because there is a cap on how much you can farm in a day.

Also be careful of edges of the world there, in some places if you fall off into abyss and die you can't retrieve your stygia since your body fell into the abyss, so you lose 20% forever from 1 death.
    You don't lose stigma from a player killing you they changed it a few weeks ago on beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    You don't lose stigma from a player killing you they changed it a few weeks ago on beta.
    Still player combat can get you low, and then a rare agroes onto you and possibly kills you, etc. Its just extra risk for no real benefit. Especially for people saving stygia for sockets for mythic gear. Eventually you are going to have 20 days worth of it saved up and if you die and lose it, thats 4 days of work gone.

Still player combat can get you low, and then a rare agroes onto you and possibly kills you, etc. Its just extra risk for no real benefit. Especially for people saving stygia for sockets for mythic gear. Eventually you are going to have 20 days worth of it saved up and if you die and lose it, thats 4 days of work gone.
    You have to escape combat with a player then die or it counts as a player kill.

It also cant be saved up like that you turn it in at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    You have to escape combat with a player then die or it counts as a player kill.

It also cant be saved up like that you turn it in at the end of the day.
    Where do you turn it in? I must have missed it on beta, I know you can turn in Anima to your covenant reservoir but haven't seen anything for stygia. I assumed you can save it up since you need to save up for 7 days to afford a socket.

Where do you turn it in? I must have missed it on beta, I know you can turn in Anima to your covenant reservoir but haven't seen anything for stygia. I assumed you can save it up since you need to save up for 7 days to afford a socket.
    At Ven'ari the only npc in the maw friendly to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    At Ven'ari the only npc in the maw friendly to you.
    Venari sells me items for stygia, I don't have an option to save it with her or anything like that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    1) Only helms, rings, necks, bracers, belts can get a socket. So total 6 pieces of gear and for some of them you'll just get socket with item drop.

2) If I understand correctly, you hunt for specific conduits that drop for specific sources and Maw vendor gives you RANDOM conduit upgrade (that you don't have).

So no, I don't think min-maxing Maw is 'mandatory' for anyone.

Venari sells me items for stygia, I don't have an option to save it with her or anything like that.
    You don't save it. Its designed that for players to revisit the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    You don't save it. Its designed that for players to revisit the maw.
    My whole point was that you won't have rep to buy sockets till way later, so if you keep saving stygia till you have rep for sockets you will be running around with 15k+ stygia on you and if you die and lose 20% of it it will be really bad and feel shitty because amount you can farm a day is limited.

My whole point was that you won't have rep to buy sockets till way later, so if you keep saving stygia till you have rep for sockets you will be running around with 15k+ stygia on you and if you die and lose 20% of it it will be really bad and feel shitty because amount you can farm a day is limited.
    If you die you can get it back. Kiss curse effect.

but why shouldnt i use hordemode when i will be playing horde on launch ^^ its not like there will be any allience there

If you are so scared of being killed while adventuring, just form a party of like-minded people to go with you to Maw. Stop treating this as a Single-person-game already.