Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Thanksgiving in November funeral in December.
    Well, at least a December funeral brings everyone back together for Christmas, right?

(so there can be more funerals in January)
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-11-22 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    People should also not emulate you who constantly acts like a victim about everything, you also enjoy crying wolf a lot. I hold you to zero standard because personally I think you are purposely trolling half the time.
    This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Despite the fact I've never spoken with you, I'm already required to prove that I'm some sort of paragon of virtue, whereas you don't require any proof of accusations against me. Care to explain the reason for this double standard?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

I'm going to be celebrating with 10 people at a nice outdoor restaurant.

Gavin Newsom and health directors had dinner without masks for a birthday party so so can I. Fuck his orders.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-22 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post

Gavin Newsom and health directors had dinner without masks for a birthday party so so can I. Fuck his orders.
    So if Newsom played russian roulette would you do it too?

nothing says i love you like putting your loved ones in harms way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yeah sprry but I won't be obeying. I'm going to my brother's house and we're going to have a good fun time over there. Lockdowns and curfews are bullshit and do nothing. Do people really think the virus is just going to magically disappear after a few weeks? What, does it get bored or lonely or something and just say "well, nobody wants to come out anymore guess I'll just go back to China". You don't think that after the lockdown cases won't go up again? How well did the last lockdown go? Virus is still here and going strong so obviously lockdowns aren't the answer. If anything they only delay the inevitable.

The problem is people are just so god damn terrified of it that they'll just let the government control their lives and tell them what they can and can't do. Stop relying on the government to think for you and for once think for yourselves.
    gee maybe you should look at one of the case countries that managed to do exactly what you says "are bullshit and do nothing"

go start with australia.

they had 18 new cases yesterday and no new deaths reported.

vs what 180-190k for the us and 2k deaths??

p.s the last lockdown was nowhere near an actual lockdown.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

How well did the last lockdown go?
    Well, seeing as we had 'rolling' lockdowns that a good chunk of the country didn't take seriously...not well.

The problem is people are just so god damn terrified of it that they'll just let the government control their lives and tell them what they can and can't do. Stop relying on the government to think for you and for once think for yourselves.
    Yeah, most sensible people were already limiting travel and wearing masks before the governors started any lockdowns, so people were already thinking for themselves. But half of the political spectrum decided to turn basic public health measures into a culture war, so...yeah.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post

Again, there are plenty of other people to emulate. E.g. me.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

I hope they make sure they enjoy their time cause it maybe the last time they see mom dad grandpa and gram gram. Hope they do not find out that they were the ones to give it to them as well.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    I hope they make sure they enjoy their time cause it maybe the last time they see mom dad grandpa and gram gram. Hope they do not find out that they were the ones to give it to them as well.
    One of the nice things moving across the country from my grandparents I suppose? I'm not tempted to spend Thanksgiving with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf...if one person in Congress died from covid19 then all hell would finally break loose in DC.
    Unless it was Ted Cruz, of course.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just want to say before I commit mass murder of my family on Thanksgiving day, Happy Thanksgiving. Don't get too full.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

There are people who are really very inconsiderate and selfish. We all know that the risk of getting infected is highest among the elderly and those with underlying health conditions. If they visit their parents they are compromising their health.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    People here on Base are pretty much doing whatever they want, saying they won’t let COVID stop them from seeing family, that they will “continue to live their lives as normal”.

It’s pretty upsetting, not to mention extremely ignorant and selfish. People just don’t care.
    I really hate people like that, very inconsiderate

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Not at all surprising, but I'm glad I finished almost all the shopping earlier this week. I can just see the wonderful disease house grocery stores will turn into the 3 days prioir
    I did all my shopping online, I want to avoid huge crowds.

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems like most people in my area have already went back to their normal life patterns. There are a few Covid harpies and nags but people just ignore them now.

Last weekend looked like business as usual.
    10 minutes to get into the local market's parking lot...dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It seems like most people in my area have already went back to their normal life patterns. There are a few Covid harpies and nags but people just ignore them now.
    Which is why COVID deaths in the US are set to crest 300,000 before the year is out.

And it's because of people with your exact attitude that people can't actually go back to their normal lives.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    And this is why COVID has bypassed Heart Disease as the #1 killer in the US for the year 2020. Because of fuckwits like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Which is why COVID deaths in the US are set to crest 300,000 before the year is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    And this is why COVID has bypassed Heart Disease as the #1 killer in the US for the year 2020. Because of fuckwits like this.
    That's unfortunate but preventing those deaths would've destroyed the economy for the other 340 million people.
    And it's because of people with your exact attitude that people can't actually go back to their normal lives.
    Nah people like me are not restricting anyone and preventing people from going back to business as usual. As far as I'm concerned people can make their own choices and risk assessments. I don't even personally care because my family hasn't been effected by the lockdown. Not being able to go to our favorite restaurant is the only example that comes to mind.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-12-10 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And as mentioned a billion times, you arent assessing the risk for you alone, but every person you come in contact with. Think about other people sometimes.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Think about other people sometimes.
    Wrong decade.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    And as mentioned a billion times, you arent assessing the risk for you alone, but every person you come in contact with. Think about other people sometimes.
    Yes exactly, think about everyone who is attending Thanksgiving or a Christmas gathering. However if your family has decided it's not worth the risk you should not try to force the conclusion of your risk assessment on all other families.