View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You know I am always pleased to share brexit benefits with you and am more than happy to provide the information showing that this brexit promise has already more than been delivered.

NHS Spending in 2016 = £191.7bn
    NHS Spending in 2018 = £214.4bn.

An increase of £22.7bn/52 = £436 million a week.

Boris and his Tory brexit bus promise as good as his word with the £350,000,000.00 per week increase exceeded even before we were fully out! How amazing is that?
    We were still paying into the EU at that point though, the money for the NHS was coming from other parts of the budget. How do you not understand these most basic things about the UK?

I'll break it down for you. The Brexit bus said we were sending £350m a week to the EU and instead we should give it to the NHS. This means that when January 1st comes around there will be a pile of money that was being sent to the EU that will now be put into the NHS. According to you the Brexit campaign only uses facts, so that pile of money will be worth £350m a week.

However the issue is that amount of money was never sent to the EU. Even in the most basic of terms the EU payments from the UK were only £342m, so there's lie number 1.

Secondly that figure didn't even get sent to the EU, with the rebate we've been getting since the 1980s the figure that actually leaves the country is closer to £248 a week. That's two blatant lies amounting to £5bn a year. Not a great start.

Next up, and this is easier for people to ignore, there's the money that comes back to the country from the EU budget which, when you include money for private and underprivileged public sectors, amounts up to £7bn. Some of this is pledged to be given to the relevant areas (I believe the government pledged to ensure Wales does not make a net loss over Brexit but government pledges aren't worth the shit they're encrusted with.)

So the Brexit bus said it could give £350m a week direct from EU savings to the NHS. However unless they're going to take money away from other sectors of the economy (completely destroying the point of the pledge) the pile of money would only be £136m.

Then let's not forget the cost of Brexiting with one estimate saying the cost to the UK economy is already £130bn.

I'm glad we have such a competent government in charge of the Brexit negotiations and the pandemic. Imagine the chaos, as the infighting Labour party today tear themselves apart, if Corbyn's lot had got it...
    All this government has achieved is to show themselves up as complete liars with nothing but contempt for the UK as anything other than a slush fund to be drained into the pockets of themselves, their donors and their friends. Your opportunistic faux-patriotism becomes less and less credible as we learn of how the morally bankrupt Tories have been draining public funds under the guise of fighting the Covid pandemic to the detriment of the rest of the nation.

You know I am always pleased to share brexit benefits with you and am more than happy to provide the information showing that this brexit promise has already more than been delivered.

NHS Spending in 2016 = £191.7bn
    NHS Spending in 2018 = £214.4bn.

Boris and his Tory brexit bus promise as good as his word with the £350,000,000.00 per week increase exceeded even before we were fully out! How amazing is that?

I'm glad we have such a competent government in charge of the Brexit negotiations and the pandemic. Imagine the chaos, as the infighting Labour party today tear themselves apart, if Corbyn's lot had got it...
    Yet again, as the devil reads the bible.

Schools in the UK have now received "guidance" from the Department for Education to stockpile canned food ...
    Strong and steady.
    https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ational-impact

It's appalling. The way they are dumping responsibility on schools with a month notice ...
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2020-11-21 at 01:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Tbf, the EU could just tank the negotiations, let the british fishing industry die a slow death, and they'll drop their "WE WANT FREE TRADE BUT STAY THE FUCK AWAY!!1" mantra in a few months, if that.

In the end, misplaced "national pride" like the british fishing industry, is better left outside the negotiations.
    I believe the intend is to slowly but surely show them, the UK government that we (The EU) are ready and prepared to face a no deal. The preparations have been made, it's not a bluff either but more a way to kill the entire argument that we need it as much as they do.

Probably won't have any meaningful impact as most of them have their head far up their ass but hey. The irony when the EU they voted to leave cares more about the citizens of the UK than the actual UK government.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Imagine 50,000 people being alive because we had a competent government, like almost literally every social democratic country. Better still imagine the country not having systemically underfunded the NHS for 10 years.

Also, imagine you not cherry-picking your statistics to disguise a criminal level of under-funding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be long now until the Sunlit Uplands Brexit Dividends collides with reality.

Food industry fears Brexit ‘worst-case scenario’ is now the reality

The government’s ‘worst-case scenario’ planning for Brexit border disruption next year is now set to become reality, warn food industry leaders, who fear certain food shortages may follow.

The Cabinet Office’s ‘worst-case scenario’ planning document published in September forecast up to 40% of food trade between the UK and the EU could grind to a halt as unprepared lorries congest the ports following the end of the transition period.

The EU supplies the UK with 26% of its food, according to Defra, meaning the disruption could leave a significant shortfall in the nation’s food supplies. For fresh fruit and vegetables, the UK is even more reliant on the continent, particularly during the winter season.

Government officials and food industry representatives met this week to discuss the issue, with Dan McCartney, Defra’s head of food security and resilience, telling industry figures on Tuesday to “expect 40% flow rates”, according to one attendee. On Thursday, a group gathered again to discuss the “medium-term risk to UK border flows”, said another.

“[Defra] wanted to run it past industry to see whether we agreed that’s a reasonable worst-case scenario,” said one industry source. “A lot of us are looking at it and thinking, that’s just what’s going to happen.”

The quantities at stake

The government’s ‘worst-case scenario’ predicted 40%-70% of trucks travelling to the EU may not be ready for new border controls, resulting in queues of up to 7,000 trucks on motorways across Kent.

While the UK intends to delay implementing full border controls until July next year, Europeans have said they will enforce all checks from 1 January. The Cabinet Office said this could not only restrict exports but delay European trucks from returning to Europe to pick up new consignments, thereby disrupting both imports and exports “to a similar extent”.

While rumours of a trade deal have amplified this week, many senior industry figures remain concerned food supplies are set to be tight in January regardless. “I can’t see any other possibility than food shortages,” said one industry executive, echoing Tesco’s chairman John Allan last month who warned there could be fresh food shortages for up to “a few months”.

Despite regular meetings between Defra officials and food representatives, Shane Brennan, CEO of the Cold Chain Federation, believes “there is still a pretty high level of complacency” within government.

“I don’t think they are really able to conceptualise exactly how the interruptions will play out in terms of the impact on consumers,” he said. “No one’s going to starve, there won’t be empty shelves. But there will be products missing and there will be inflationary pressure on prices.”

A Defra spokesman said the government is supporting the food industry in its “preparations for a range of scenarios” and will continue to work closely with it “to ensure people across the country have the food and supplies they need”.

This week the Department for Education advised schools to purchase long-life products as part of preparations for “possible changes to their food supply chain from 1 January 2021”.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the chaos, as the infighting Labour party today tear themselves apart, if Corbyn's lot had got it...
    Yeah, imagine it, the NHS would have had the PPE we needed in stock the day the virus his our shores instead of being told we would have to wait until April for the money to buy it (by which time it was sold out globally as every other first world country had put their orders in). The first lockdown wouldn't have been delayed by two weeks resulting in an extra 10k deaths all because the government refused to listen to the science or any medical experts. The lockdown wouldn't have been ended early just because things looked fine in London despite the ripples still colliding elsewhere in the country.

Absolute chaos...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yeah, imagine it, the NHS would have had the PPE we needed in stock the day the virus his our shores instead of being told we would have to wait until April for the money to buy it (by which time it was sold out globally as every other first world country had put their orders in). The first lockdown wouldn't have been delayed by two weeks resulting in an extra 10k deaths all because the government refused to listen to the science or any medical experts. The lockdown wouldn't have been ended early just because things looked fine in London despite the ripples still colliding elsewhere in the country.

Absolute chaos...
    Well the NHS has been exposed as truly awful during this covid bug that's going around, the sooner it's privatised properly the better. I feel sorry for the government puppets that used to clap for it on their doorsteps, don't see it any more though do you. People know now how bad the NHS really is, no wonder the private healthcare industry is booming.

But in better news looks like we are finally getting somewhere with brexit, I hope Barnier, like Boris, is as good as his word.

EU threatens to pull out of Brexit talks if UK refuses to compromise

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...al-brexit-deal

Maybe just 48 hours to go until free, fingers x and tick tock...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Well the NHS has been exposed as truly awful during this covid bug that's going around, the sooner it's privatised properly the better. I feel sorry for the government puppets that used to clap for it on their doorsteps, don't see it any more though do you. People know now how bad the NHS really is, no wonder the private healthcare industry is booming.

But in better news looks like we are finally getting somewhere with brexit, I hope Barnier, like Boris, is as good as his word.

The NHS is in the position it is in right now due to a decade of the Tories cutting its budget year after year and supply contracts being given to friends and family of the cabinet, regardless of actual ability to supply.

Have fun paying 5 grand up front for a broken arm. Or just move to America, it's clear you want to live somewhere like the USA anyway.

Brexit and reality to collide in 5 weeks time. Nowhere to hide once that happens. Assuming Boris doesn't sell you out before then. Let's face it, if you trust Boris you pretty much deserve everything that happens to you, given his track record.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Brexit and reality to collide in 5 weeks time. Nowhere to hide once that happens. Assuming Boris doesn't sell you out before then. Let's face it, if you trust Boris you pretty much deserve everything that happens to you, given his track record.
    They have plenty of places to hide. It will always be someone else's fault. The sad thing is that so many others will get what people like the person you quoted deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

I agree with UnifiedDivide… that’s just laughable.

C’mon Mr D, if you have a sensible point to make - make it. This whole wind-up Lefties / #FBPE is boring.

a) The NHS is doing absolutely fine (no thanks to a decade of underinvestment)
    b) The actual problems (inaction, a failed track & trace system, lack of PPE, PPE bought at a premium from government cronies, criminally incompetent use of statistics, flip-flopping etc.) are entirely the result of the actions of an indecisive, incompetent and corrupt Tory government.

I’m looking forward to January and Boris taking early retirement. /violin

No doubt there'll be yet another Tory blood-letting during which we all slowly become ill from a lack of fresh fruit & vegetables as they rot in Calais. God forbid the winner is someone like Patel, who's a psychopath and actually has some balls. It'll be martial law before you know it. I can just see her smirk as she calls the tanks in.

What about that £350m a week that was going to magically appear from the "money we send to Europe" pot? Also, weren't you about to explain how we were going to manage that despite not actually sending that amount, needing to keep some to match EU spending in the UK and of course the massive hole in the economy being left by Brexiting?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

C’mon Mr D, if you have a sensible point to make - make it. This whole wind-up Lefties / #FBPE is boring.

b) The actual problems (inaction, a failed track & trace system, lack of PPE, PPE bought at a premium from government cronies, criminally incompetent use of statistics, flip-flopping etc.) are entirely the result of the actions of an indecisive, incompetent and corrupt Tory government.

No doubt there'll be yet another Tory blood-letting during which we all slowly become ill from a lack of fresh fruit & vegetables as they rot in Calais. God forbid the winner is someone like Patel, who's a psychopath and actually has some balls. It'll be martial law before you know it. I can just see her smirk as she calls the tanks in.
    The Tory government policy day to day is supported by Labour at the minute no? It has effectively turned into a coalition as you will see on Tuesday again when the only way Boris will get his way is with Labour voting for his wishes. Proper Tories will vote against Boris, who has appeared to morph into a blonde version of Blair, this coming week.

A ruling government is only as good as the quality of the opposition who hold it to account and currently there is no functioning opposition. The state of the NHS, or National Covid Service as it ought to be called, is as much to do with Corbyn and a distracted Starmer fighting each other in the courts.

Remainers should ask themselves why Boris is in power at all. If they had wrapped their loving arms around and embraced the result of the democratic vote on Brexit Boris would be nowhere near the levers of power in No 10. Boris was elected only to get Brexit done, he is clearly not the right PM to deal with a global pandemic.

Brexit Boris in Downing St is all on rabid remainers though and they were told at the time he would be the result of their actions, but I share your hopes that he will be gone soon after January and he got Brexit done and look forward to a real Tory, someone like our brexiteer she's so Priti taking the reins.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The Tory government policy day to day is supported by Labour at the minute no? It has effectively turned into a coalition as you will see on Tuesday again when the only way Boris will get his way is with Labour voting for his wishes. Proper Tories will vote against Boris, who has appeared to morph into a blonde version of Blair, this coming week.

A ruling government is only as good as the quality of the opposition who hold it to account and currently there is no functioning opposition. The state of the NHS, or National Covid Service as it ought to be called, is as much to do with Corbyn and a distracted Starmer fighting each other in the courts.

Remainers should ask themselves why Boris is in power at all. If they had wrapped their loving arms around and embraced the result of the democratic vote on Brexit Boris would be nowhere near the levers of power in No 10. Boris was elected only to get Brexit done, he is clearly not the right PM to deal with a global pandemic.

Brexit Boris in Downing St is all on rabid remainers though and they were told at the time he would be the result of their actions, but I share your hopes that he will be gone soon after January and he got Brexit done and look forward to a real Tory, someone like our brexiteer she's so Priti taking the reins.
    Getting your excuses in early, again. "It's all the remainers fault". "It's all Labours fault". Nope. This is on you and your crowd. When Brexit hits the brick wall of reality, it will be 100% your fault. Regardless of what fantasy you come up with to try and pass the buck.

Brexiteer will be a darkly comic epithet once the dust settles on this shitshow. You aren't going to be able to distance yourself from the damage this idiocy is going to cause. Tick, fucking tock.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

So, Dribbles wants to privatise the NHS? Look at the Netherlands, they privatised there healthcare... currently its more expensive for the population with less benefits then for example: Germany or Belgium.

Legit first time I’ve heard someone claim they’re losing cuz the opposition is too weak xD

hahaha this is pure comedy! Damn you opposition for making us suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    hahaha this is pure comedy! Damn you opposition for making us suck!
    We have all been saying for ages how he and his ilk would blame others, and now the blame game starts....it is beyond parody.

I also love how tanking the economy in the name of fighting covid=bad, tanking it in the name of sticking it to Johnny Foreigner=not just good but a duty. I also see how Gove seems to be listening to experts now. The shamelessness of this mob is unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Boris was voted for by Brexiters because they're the type of people who'll believe anything told to them by a posh boy from an expensive school. I don't see how that is the fault of the people who are saying that Brexit is stupid and Boris is an idiot.