Poll: How often do you think to yourself "I hate my life"?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How often do you think to yourself "I hate my life"?

How often do you think to yourself "I hate my life" or something to that effect? Just curious how common this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mood swings are normal... these feelings are often happen around holiday seasons, due to all the introspection people are doing. You are not alone...

Edit: Am not voting on the poll, because I don’t want people who have this thought more often, to think there is something wrong with them. I don’t think it’s a good idea to have such a barometer and always encourage seeking professionals, if you feel like you need it. But, everyone has these thoughts and there are too many factors to make individuals comparable on the same scale. Even trying to describe what constitutes it, will inevitably bring in questions of when it’s right or wrong to feel. Your feelings are valid... everyone has these moments...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-22 at 01:45 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't hate my life, because by most metrics I've 'got it good'.

Not a massive fan of "the world I was born into", and that can get me down because I'm far too lazy to do anything to change it so I just sit on the figurative sidelines going "Well, that's shit, and so is that, what a load of shit this is"; however within that shit, my life is pretty great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Depends on how well my projects are running but I also have a tendency for melodrama.

Bonus points when I take a risk and there is a sub 1% chance of the worst case, but if course the worst case happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Virtually never.

Happy Holidays all!

Bor and raised in a ghetto, when at times the system seems determined to punish me for revealing how idiotic the Bell Curve is. Yes, I know I have it better than some born in similar circumstances, but I know that simply working hard is no longer an option. Especially to one who has no family to fall back pn.

Pretty regularly at the moment, in some form of lockdown for eight months has made my moods swing a lot. I also think covid will leave it's mark mentally and it will take a while of day to day normality returning before I'm back to full strength.

In normal times not so much, and short periods, I might get frustrated and think 'ffs I hate my life' but then think about what I have and laugh at myself maybe five minutes later, I'm not sure that is the same as the poll though.

If you're struggling badly I'd advise seeking professional help,

whenever I get pain spikes. on good days - not at all. on bad days - multiple times. but overall I'm pretty happy with my life, I just don't handle things like not getting enough rest, or being in pain well. the feelings are temporary and mostly a way to express frustration with a difficult moment.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure of how often only when I’m sleep deprived or injured .
    Thou I realized I’m quite lucky, I have people that care about me, I have a roof over my head, my health is fine other then afew minor pains,I have both a job and the education to get a better one once this damn pandemic goes away

I have never thought this once. The notion is strange to me, in fact, I have a difficult time understanding 'depression' acutely. That is one of the reasons why I did not pursue a degree in clinical psychology despite my interest in the field and went into other areas such as Human Factor and Industrial Oranganzion in the end.

I have always thought myself incredibly lucky and I am super grateful for the factors that have led to a relative life of ease and privilege. I have a lot of gratitude in this regard and try hard to help/comfort others how and where I am able. It's really important to me; I donated time and money since 7th grade to helping others, I support many charities and take an active part in my community without tire.

Well my wife left me recently, I have no job and no prospects, and I regularly hear from my kids "I'm sad because I miss Mommy".

So a lot lately.

Even before that I've dealt with severe and untreated depression my entire life. So a lot before that as well I guess.

I regularly go through phases where the things I'm passionate about fail to interest me at all, and I frequently find myself wishing it would all just end. The only thing keeping me alive right now is that I have a responsibility for my children's well being. If I didn't have kids, I would have eaten a bullet the day my wife left.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-11-23 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

When I became permanently disabled nearly a decade ago, in my mid 20's I really hated my life. But when I came to terms with it, it's been fine. I don't really ever think "I hate my life" anymore because there are people who have it far worse, there are people who also have it far better than me, and everyone is dealing with some sort of crap. I don't really love or hate life, I just accept it for what it is, the good the bad, especially the really bad, it's just the cards that I was dealt with, just play them the best ya can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did today when they wouldn't let me get alcohol from Walmart

- - - Updated - - -

I did today when they wouldn't let me get alcohol from Walmart.

Bullshit I need that for my risotto on Thursday
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rarely ever but I never view life as "good enough".
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not a massive fan of "the world I was born into", and that can get me down because I'm far too lazy to do anything to change it so I just sit on the figurative sidelines
    If you weren't lazy then what would you do to change the world? Imo, going out to protest or something like that is a waste of time in 2020. The way I see things is there's always an infinite amount of imperfections in a person's life and in their local environment/culture that can be improved and focusing on that is better than having unrealistic and lofty goals about changing the world, government, politics, etc.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-11-24 at 02:26 AM.

Sarcastically, often. Seriously, once in a blue moon.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I have manic depression and horrible arthritis so I go through bouts of it, though my life is pretty decent over all it sucks to get stuck in depressed mode.

I haven't really thought this way for like a decade. Life has been great lately.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    The way I see things is there's always an infinite amount of imperfections in a person's life and in their local environment/culture that can be improved and focusing on that is better than having unrealistic and lofty goals about changing the world, government, politics, etc.
    While it won't come across on this forum because here I'm much more of a pompous dickhead; I just try to be kind and generous out in the "real world" whenever I venture out; the very least I can do is not make things harder for anyone else. That's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have to say life has been pretty decent the past couple months. Finally got back to full time work, finally making decent money again, became of godfather to my one brother's newborn son, and lots of awesome video games coming out.

However if this thread was made about 2 years ago I'd say I was borderline suicidal. Left my good job for another thinking it was going to be better, ended up being a dead end with no way to go back, and was forced to find another shitty temporary part time job. My bank account was slowly bleeding to death as well. Felt trapped, lost, and useless. Constant anxiety which stayed with me and is now something I still deal with like never before and just being depressed all the time. Seeing friends move up in the world and be successful while I was just rotting didn't help either.

If we were under normal circumstances and not in this retarded covid bullshit I'd say I'm as happy as can be.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Life? Rarely if ever. Those kinds of thoughts don't accomplish anything except get you down even further. Has it been bad? Of course, but I don't focus on how bad it is, I focus on what I DO have and try to focus on what I could do to make it better.

I think this about my job a lot though, I really hate my job sometimes.