Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    @xskarma

New season starts in 2 months!
    Officially official now. Dec 22nd.

Also, sad day today. Tommy Heinsohn, Hall of Fame basketball player, coach and broadcaster and someone who gave everything to the Celtics and the NBA for more than 60 years of his life, passed away at age 86 today. His home game broadcasting was the stuff of legend and he was delightfully honest and on the Celtics side (both good and bad). Shame to never hear him broadcast again. Glad we still have Mike Gorman though, our play by play guy, who is a legend in his own right on the broadcast side.

2020 has definitely sucked in who we lost if not just the rest of the bullshit.

Are they going back into a bubble?

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Paul to the Suns, for a boatload of players and picks. Suns might get seriously frisky now they have an actual PG.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Chris Paul to the Suns, for a boatload of players and picks. Suns might get seriously frisky now they have an actual PG.
    They had Rubio, and he did a fair amount for them. From the deal I saw they lost Rubio and Oubre, which I thought the sf/pf position is where they really lacked. They still have space and room for moves so I don't think its over, although the Paul move feels like a win now move considering his age. I hope there is more to come from the Suns, Paul's value is getting more out of underperforming teams, I'd say Ayton is the only "underperformer" but thats not to say I think he is playing bad, just kind of think he could get a couple more per game reliably.

Talk has Harden going to Nets, and that just sounds like the stupidest idea ever. Hopefully the Nets are sitting back and saying the same thing in their offices..... Harden is an offensive cancer and the only good thing he did this post season was stop a potential game winner. If he had been playing defense the whole time OKC shouldn't have made it to game 7.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-11-18 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Draft night and Celtics Draft twitter is collectively hoping now that Haliburton falls to them or that the Celtics trade up to get him. We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Haliburton to the Kings at 12, 2 picks before the Celtics.

Curious who the Celtics will go with now.

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics get Aaron Nesmith, absolutely FIRE 3 point shooter. Great pick up for them cause we desperately need shooting and scoring from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Are they going back into a bubble?
    This was my question - post season, sure that's feasible.

Regular season? That's going to be a challenge.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Bucks did.... something with that trade.

But at least they drafted a shooter, they still need to find Giannis a proper 2 in free agency now though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well the Bucks did.... something with that trade.

But at least they drafted a shooter, they still need to find Giannis a proper 2 in free agency now though.
    They got Jrue Holiday, thats huge for them as they have an actual playmaker now, and better perimeter defense. I don't think they really need a 2, slashing is what Giannis does best.

I hope Zo stops playing 3/4 of his games passive, he's the man now for ball handling, and the Pelicans need him to be aggressive on man def as Jrue was.

Klay Thompson has season ending Achilles tear. Achilles tear is the worst lol.

I think Nets are shaping up to be okay. It's a shame because I have the budget this year to pay for overpriced NY sporting events but I'm not going on a train or indoors in an arena...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gordon Hayward to Charlotte on a 120 million dollar 4 year deal. Holy crap.

That's the second year in a row that the Celtics lose someone to free agency in a way that makes me go "At that price? sure. BYE."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

That's the second year in a row that the Celtics lose someone to free agency in a way that makes me go "At that price? sure. BYE."
    Yeah, that price is way too much. I feel like we overpaid to keep Fred Van Vleet though, to be honest. But apparently the Knicks were offering him 25 million per year, and he signed for 21 so I'll take that. I still think Ibaka is gone though as a result and the Raptors are going to regress.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lakers lost that guy I had no clue who he was because I only watched the playoffs and he opted out of the bubble. Big loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Wait so nba is starting on Dec 22...for a 72 game regular season? I don't think doing this outside of a bubble is going to work...even if they use private jets, there's no way all the players are going to stay COVID free.

Charlotte is making some interesting moves, although the Hayward move is "interesting".
    Think they are banking on Melo being a transcendent player... good luck to them, as pro leagues go Aus NBL ranks somewhere below multiple Euro leagues and the CBA. But he ended strong there and he has the upside to be an NBA star.

PS, I think the Hayward issue is players association contract. The reason why he is paid so high was he was an allstar, and now he is an allstar veteran. You get paid out the ass for just being a league veteran (not to say being a journeyman veteran isn't a major role in the NBA, Fisher, Horry, Iguadala, D Green).

But 120m for a going on 30 Mr Glass seems frightening.

Granted, unless Melo winds up being an mvp level player and triggers the Rose rule, in Charlottes ideal timeline, they won't have to open the pocketbook for 4+ years anyway.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-11-22 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    You get paid out the ass by dumb teams like Charlotte. There's no reason for them to take this risk.
    Someone would have paid him, he isn't Tobias Harris or Al Horford amounts of overpaid. If he doesn't get injured and puts up solid SF numbers, he will be worth the contract. His skillset at his position is also highly desirable. His stats this past season weren't bad and considering he played pretty timidly on a completely stacked roster, he did well.
    Charlotte is just hoping he doesn't get hurt.

Last week? Before thanksgiving? Lol.

I told you, these rich NBA players who get to travel a lot are definitely not going to be cautious. It's interesting cause I guess the season is going to start soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Wall for Westbrook... whatever. Two guys who can't shoot.
    Still a humongous trade for those teams though xD

Both get out of an albatross contract with players that were at least somewhat disgruntled about being where they were...only to take on a different albatross contract.

It's a bonkers deal, one I would have never expected.

So like. Are fans being allowed in the arenas? We're 1 week away from preseason.

First official game starts Dec 22. NBA released the schedule for the first half of the season. First game is GSW @ BKN.

Maybe I'll be able to root for a team this season (since Knicks/Nets were horrible past years)...

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Durant healthy yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.