Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If you chose that path... but it was a choice. For me - I just did content and AP just turned up as designed.

That is - the fact is - no grind was required in BfA, as will be the case in SL.
    It wasn’t a choice if you wanted your gear to work
    It wasn’t a choice if you wanted to use essences

I feel like you have a strict view of a mandatory grind that is different from the one that is generally accepted

It doesn’t mean you have no choice but to do it rather it means that it is a gate

In that sense Azerite was AP as they both were the same thing with the only difference being azerite was more scarce and if you wanted to play your full character you had to grind islands

Random question. Is it "viable" to play just one day a week for 5 hours or so? My goal es to PuG up to Mythic+10 and Heroic Raids. Not sure if i'll fall behind into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So here’s my question for you

Will you do this early or wait until a later patch?
    I will just do the Maw every single day of the expansion until everything is unlocked. And I'll hate myself for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    For example, after you hit level 80 in WotLK, there is nothing to do except run heroic dungeons and Naxx for gear.

In Legion, it is the opposite.
    We are forced to do zone Suramar.
    It is very alt unfriendly.

No, you'll instantly hit max rep on all faction. And: expect pre raid BiS m+ gear + trinkets and full enchanted weapons in your mailbox.

Alt-friendliness isn't a privilege btw. There is no reason why anyone should be entitled for a zero-effort twink catchup mechanic.

There will be a certain grind to an extent that matches your individual standard. Depending on your level of dedication and what you're willing to achieve.

And there's nothing wrong about this.

Sorry for linking youtube video, but Preach summarized it pretty well:

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I will just do the Maw every single day of the expansion until everything is unlocked. And I'll hate myself for doing it.
    Fair enough

They fixed the valkyr so they aren’t cancer

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Fair enough

They fixed the valkyr so they aren’t cancer
    Do they still take ages to throw you down?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    And why does it matter if they do get similar ilvl gear overtime? Devil's advocate, because this is PVE where your contention is an NPC not other players.

But also Blizzard will add more to do by 9.2 for sure - unless they like people unsubscribing immediately like they did in WoD / MoP / Cata days.
    It does not, neither do I mind if he does. I just asked why would he need it when he does not do any content where its needed? He wants to have a high ilvl gear for a player who play 2h per week as he stated in other topic. Now would it be healty for a game itself if a player who plays for 2h per week casual content gets to have highest ilvl ingame? I just dont see the point of it.

Sure, but there was no grind required to get it - that was my point.

The same thing will be in SL, there will be stuff you can choose to grind - but there is no need for grind.
    AP was most definitely a grind in SL, your own gear stopped working if you didn't farm it. Obviously it was not a farm in your gameplay is farming old raids and winning pet battles - but then there has never ever and will never ever exist a farm in Wow's history. Legion had a farm, BFA had a worse farm and SL looks like there is almost no farm (good).

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    No, you'll instantly hit max rep on all faction. And: expect pre raid BiS m+ gear + trinkets and full enchanted weapons in your mailbox.
    Do I have to pay anything extra, besides the $15 sub ?
    If not, I am glad that Blizzard realized that Communism is the future for mankind.

Yes but less then legion.

You grind renowned and it isnt that interesting or painless as some posters make it out to be it's just better them island farming in bfa.

You grind torghast though if your good it's only about an hour a week though unlocking all the floors in torghast will likely take you around 6-8 hours depending on what floors they let you bypass (this changed a lot on beta. Sometimes each wing unlocked to your highest cleared across all wings other times you had to unlock each

You will be grinding the maw to some extent it's the most boring wow zone I've seen since ashara in classic...

Outside of that unless you are one of the God forsaken specs that gets their conduits from pvp your set

Renowned, torghast,maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    There's lots to do, but very little of it involves player power. Once you've unlocked all the Torghast floors, you'll be doing 2x Torghast runs a week for Soul Ash (legendary crafting), capping your Renown by doing dungeons/WQs, and doing the Maw daily for gem sockets if you want to go that far.

That's it, really. No logging in daily to clear the map of WQs, no endless AP grind through Islands, nothing. You'll get your Great Vault gear by doing dungeons/raids/PvP, or you can gear through reputation, world quests, etc.

Really looking forward to how laid back Shadowlands looks from a raiding POV.
    so no point to play game past week 3 of expansion if you are casual player - got it

oh well hopefully cyberpunk will be out by then
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-11-22 at 07:47 PM.

Just as in BfA - there is no required grind at max level.

However - there are many things you can grind if you like that sort of thing.
    ap was unnecessary unless u could get new trait because of it...but
    what about essences ranks which was essential for both pve and pvp
    back rank 12 to get procs
    hundereds of visions to get corruptions and sockets?

if u say SL is similar to BFA I d consider refunding before its launch xd

for me doing more than 1 hour weekly activities -like those above- to get something that is required/essential to play the game is just dumb af.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    Problem is, your gear level reflects the anount of time you can commit. I was talking about casual as in time Limited. 5 mask was very casual friendly way to get gear. Quite possibly the most casual way this game has seen so far. I can't commit to any raiding time tables as a working family man. I am however more than skilled enough for+15's, but one shot at an item per week is just meh.
    Well, WoW is a game where the highest rewards are rewarded for "challenging" group activities. WoW is in its core a group activity game, although there are more single player activities now than at the start of WoW.

If a person doesn't have the time/social skill/game skill to do group activities in WoW then the rewards will reflect that. It has been like that since the dawn of WoW.
    So far Blizzard still wants to keep the group aspect as a central part of the gear treadmill. Probably because raids/dungeons is what makes WoW special and because people who are part of a group are less likely to unsubscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Well, WoW is a game where the highest rewards are rewarded for "challenging" group activities. WoW is in its core a group activity game, although there are more single player activities now than at the start of WoW.

If a person doesn't have the time/social skill/game skill to do group activities in WoW then the rewards will reflect that. It has been like that since the dawn of WoW.
    So far Blizzard still wants to keep the group aspect as a central part of the gear treadmill. Probably because raids/dungeons is what makes WoW special and because people who are part of a group are less likely to unsubscribe.
    ye ... lets see how it works out for them

last time they tried it was WoD . and it ended in complete unmitigated disaster.

cant wait to read forums threads once people realise that WQ are removed and dailies dont offer decent gear anymore - people will go banas over it very soon

will be hillarious to read

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    The other side of the coin here is that they are removing alternative casual friendly gearing methods like warfronts and visions. Now you have to do m+ and/or raid or you hit a wall.
    perfect, don't do the content? don't need the gear.

I don't see an issue

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye ... lets see how it works out for them

last time they tried it was WoD . and it ended in complete unmitigated disaster.

cant wait to read forums threads once people realise that WQ are removed and dailies dont offer decent gear anymore - people will go banas over it very soon

will be hillarious to read
    If I understand it right then there is plenty to do in SL, but very little mandatory grinds. You can earn plenty of cosmetic rewards from solo/daily content. Furthermore M+ still exists in SL and Mythic+ has been a huge succes for WoW, both in the case for the skilled players, but also for the less skilled ones.

So Blizzard is perfectly aware that it should offer something for the huge part of the playerbase that likes to collect pets, mounts, transmog etc. They have 4 whole covenants to "earn". Plenty of content for them.
    The only ones that seem "screwed" in SL are those that were used to free high ilvl gear from no-skill activities like WQ and Warfronts in BFA.
    It should be noted that Visions are being carried over, to some extent, in the form of Torghast, but like visions they require a minimum of skill to do.

WoD had virtually nothing to do apart from raiding. So SL is not comparable to WoD in that sense. Although I am not claiming that the expac will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    perfect, don't do the content? don't need the gear.

I don't see an issue
    The whole point of an rpg is to advance the power level of your character. This argument is just silly. Basically you're just saying there should be no way to do that if your time schedules aren't fit for organized group content. There needs to be different ways to do that like there's always been in the past decade.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    If I understand it right then there is plenty to do in SL, but very little mandatory grinds. You can earn plenty of cosmetic rewards from solo/daily content. Furthermore M+ still exists in SL and Mythic+ has been a huge succes for WoW, both in the case for the skilled players, but also for the less skilled ones.

So Blizzard is perfectly aware that it should offer something for the huge part of the playerbase that likes to collect pets, mounts, transmog etc. They have 4 whole covenants to "earn". Plenty of content for them.
    The only ones that seem "screwed" in SL are those that were used to free high ilvl gear from no-skill activities like WQ and Warfronts in BFA.
    It should be noted that Visions are being carried over, to some extent, in the form of Torghast, but like visions they require a minimum of skill to do.

WoD had virtually nothing to do apart from raiding. So SL is not comparable to WoD in that sense. Although I am not claiming that the expac will be good.
    and you think that mounts/pets will carry game for casuals

lol

just wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and you think that mounts/pets will carry game for casuals

lol

just wait and see
    I don't know about you, but I don't equal casual with bad at the game. Nothing stops a casual player from doing one or more mythic dungeons during a week at that casual players own schedule. And also noting stops a casual, yet skilled player, from joining a pug run of skilled players. In BFA a heroic run of skilled players could run the whole instance faster than an lfr group would clear the last wing.

The fun thing about WoW is that the better you are at the game and the better people you play with, whether they are friends or random people, the faster you do the content and the better the rewards are...

P.S. But if you should ask me whether wilfully or unwilfully bad players should receive worse rewards then my answer would be a resounding yes.