Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I won't say I hate Calia but I hate to see her sitting in Grommash Hold and not in Stormwind where she belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Calia just popping up out of nowhere and anduin encouraging her to "lead her people" its been what? 2 decades? The undead found a new leader, and a new home. If anything she should just stay down in lights hope chapel, or should have been pawned off as anduins placeholder wife and then killed off for some plot drama later.
    Oh yeah. A great leader that cares for them lots, and an amazing home that really allows them to feel like people and not glorified fodder and ghosts that should not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with bringing Calia back into the story. But I think the implementation is a bit... sketchy.

I was actually legit excited when seeing her return for the Priest quests in Legion, and I actually like how things played out, up until her tragic death.

That's when things took kind of a... weird turn, for me.

I would personally say I remain unconvinced, or at least skeptical, of their intentions with her. But I'm not QUITE ready to call her a "mistake" in the story. Although, it does seem quite odd, positioning her as the new "racial leader" for the Forsaken, when she seems so disconnected from them, in so many ways including simple appearance.

I just hope they don't rush it, and perhaps just have her slowly introducing herself to the Forsaken, learning more of their troubles and who they now see themselves as. Not immediately looking to "be their queen".
    She would have been interesting as a regular Undead using the Light because then her character would have had some actual inner conflict. Instead they decided to bend the lore around her just to have a goody-two-shoes leader with zero ambiguity.

Her entry into the story does feel forced, and her only recently becoming undead, and a special 'light undead' that doesn't suffer all the same issues as normal undead to boot, doesn't really put her in a position to say that she's suffered alongside and understands the Forsaken. And while the Forsaken didn't hold Terenas accountable for Arthas' crimes, the idea of his sister being forced into the role like this is annoying. They should have just not killed off the desolate council.

Freaking priceless, acting like a heir of a fallen dynasty of a kindgom that doesn't exist anymore has any right to the land or its people. The same Forsaken that cut ties with their own families would give a slightest shit about who "rightfully" owns the throne? What? Do you even know Forsaken or do you just want to stroke your Alliance savior boner? The sister of a guy that murdered them in the first place? HA. What a PR disaster. Even if for that reason this shit would never fly. Forsaken chose Sylvanas democratically.
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-11-22 at 07:14 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    It was a pretty nonsensical story move by Blizzard. It's not just inner conflict or a problem with Sylvanas, she betrayed an agreement with the *Horde* at Arathi.

So although technically not lore breaking to have her there, I'd just say it cheapens the story of WoW overall to have the Horde simply brush that aside and have her in Org like she didn't do anything. It makes the Horde leaders seem very empty, not a high point in game design on that move.

It makes about as much sense as the Alliance saying we'll let bygones be bygones, we're making Garrosh (if he were still alive) Captain of Stormwind. And then just continuing the story like everyone's cool with it.

Calia is a pestilence on the narrative in general and the Forsaken in specific. I invite anyone to just watch either the Vanilla or Cataclysm Forsaken intro and genuinely claim that Calia represents anything of it, let alone questing through any of their zones. Her support base consists entirely of people who don't like and don't play Forsaken.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Calia is a pestilence on the narrative in general and the Forsaken in specific. I invite anyone to just watch either the Vanilla or Cataclysm Forsaken intro and genuinely claim that Calia represents anything of it, let alone questing through any of their zones. Her support base consists entirely of people who don't like and don't play Forsaken.
    Hit the nail on the head.

If the Forsaken need spiritual guidance, Alonsus should have been the one to provide it. Calia would have been much better suited advocating for the Forsaken from within the Alliance.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Forsaken should be lead by a council.

Calia has no right to lead them. she is not the rightful queen to anything.
    They should, it would make sense.

There could be a Member for military, one for spending time 'studying' other races, and of course, a Shadow Priest

The only thing Calia should be is a side character, not a leader. And because she's related to Arthas, she has a better chance of being Lich Queen.

Edit: Ok, maybe not the Lich Queen lol
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-11-22 at 07:40 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    But she has two big things in common with Sylvanas, she should be a perfect replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    But she has two big things in common with Sylvanas, she should be a perfect replacement.
    To be fair those things are much larger than Sylvanas's assets. Lesser beings are bound to them like Jupiter and its satellites.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Normal people don't "hate" world of warcraft characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Calia shouldn't exist in the first place. The entire concept of "Light Undead" is simply retarded.

Also she has absolutely no ties to the Horde or the identity of the Forsaken. She's only there so Blizzard can inject a "good guy" leader into the Forsaken even tho people generally found the Forsaken interesting because they were an evil faction.
    Undead priest have been a thing throughout the entirety of wow.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Undead priests =/= "Light Undead" i.e. Undead created by the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    that is not the same as a lightforged undead
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Considering how many Horde players defend genocidal tyrants, race wars, and using plague as a weapon, let alone how many are complete simps for Sylvanas, I'm not really concerned with them getting or not getting what they want. Hell, I'm going back to a Horde main for Shadowlands now that I don't have to serve Orchitler or the Lich Bitch.

Go play Hearts of Iron IV or something.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Normal people don't "hate" world of warcraft characters.
    Rabid Sylvanas haters say otherwise. Oh, you said normal

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Considering how many Horde players defend genocidal tyrants, race wars, and using plague as a weapon, let alone how many are complete simps for Sylvanas, I'm not really concerned with them getting or not getting what they want. Hell, I'm going back to a Horde main for Shadowlands now that I don't have to serve Orchitler or the Lich Bitch.

Go play Hearts of Iron IV or something.
    so you like the horde when it has a bunch of alliance kiss asses.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so you like the horde when it has a bunch of alliance kiss asses.
    No, I like the Horde when it's not a bunch of Nazis in leather or goth makeup. Not every Horde player wants to play the villain.