Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I assume Azshara is stronger than an aspect, given that Azshara was stronger than Xavius and Xavius proved stronger than a post-cataclysm aspect. I assume Sylvanas could kill Alexstrasza or Nozdormu (Murozond) if she wanted to.
    Oh, so you mean the Aspects after losing their powers? Well maybe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Haven't had moment to read the new story yet, but I have to say that despite Bolvar being the Lich King, I dont think he's an authority on what would happen. Bolvar is a man of faith who believes in the light and that probably conflicted with his new role, so to him it would be losing himself to death's influence. But... Sylvanas is already touched by death and is already darker just like most who were good in life and are now "Darker" in undeath and she'd probably not be consumed by it, just like DK Arthas wasn't.

Now obviously the Jailer nagging at you is a thing which her being allied with him would probably mean he wouldn't do to that her, but Bolvar couldn't have known that and because he couldn't have known that, I dont think he can know that even without that, that she'd have been consumed aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

When you think about it, a lot of characters have borrowed powers. I think in The Guardian that it's also stated that mages might not be creating fire but pull fire from a realm of fire or something like that. Then you have druids, shamans, light users who are definetely borrowing power from other forces and Fel and death users who consume other's souls to gain power. And then there's Tyrande who probably doesn't even know how to breathe with how much hand holding Elune does for her.

When it comes down to it, the weakest perceived characters are the ones who really are strongest when it come to their own power, Warriors, Rogues, Monks and Hunters. Garrosh, Varian, Saurfang, Taran Zhu would kick everyone's ass one of those areas where power is nullified
    Mages subdue the elements with the help of arcane, druids use the power of life and emerald sleep, paladins and priests use Light because they BELIEVE, DK and Warlocks simply use Death and Fel, although they can enhance their abilities at the expense of the souls of others. Only shamans ASK the elements to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    grow up?
    Hey little fella - this is the LORE discussion, and Sylvanus just got a whole of a WHOLE STASH of borrowed power from the Jailer.

Without that - she was just another mob.

You need to pay a little attention to the forum you are posting in, and what is being posted about - I'm sure once you've had more than a year's experience with the internet you'll eventually learn these skills.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Like 3....maybe 3.1?
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

All we really know is that she is stronger than Bolvar as Lich King.

If she was Argus level then there would be no need to play the chieftain role and she wouldn't need to flee after being exposed. So she is not strong enough to take on several main characters + player character. Without risking a loss anyway.

So she is probably stronger than any powerful character like Tyrande, Malf, Jaina, Thrall, LK Arhas, Illidan etc, but weaker than Major threats like Argus, Old gods, Deathwing, Archie+KJ. Maybe elemental lord level? Something around there would be my guess.

She went from getting one shot by Lord Godfrey to defeating Lich King Bolvar.

It's been a weird trajectory to say the least. But, despite her new found powers i still don't see enough evidence to place her any where near Argus.

The Jailer however, could be equal or greater than Argus after he's free.

grow up? you're the one who is discussing the powerlevel of your favorite wifu...

his response is the most grown up here.
    Thats what the thread is about, what are you 12, go back to school, take Spanish, then move to America, learn about life. Once you do all that, come to Canada and we can teach you.

The wifu is as powerful as the writer wants it to.
    This is the LORE discussion, just to clarify your error.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Sylvanas vs. Deathwing

If Deathwing was still alive, who would win in a 1vs1 fight between these two?

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, Danuser doesn't have a boner on Deathwing so that's that

This is already the 6th topic about Sylvanas on the first page. Are we really need this?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I see, well it's good to know that he had a plan to deal with Sylvanas in case she won, plus he was also confident that he himself could pull off a victory.
    He was creating a back plan in case he won or lost... He massively underestimated Sylvanus and her borrowed power/goals. He regrets it a ton in the story

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Haven't had moment to read the new story yet, but I have to say that despite Bolvar being the Lich King, I dont think he's an authority on what would happen. Bolvar is a man of faith who believes in the light and that probably conflicted with his new role, so to him it would be losing himself to death's influence. But... Sylvanas is already touched by death and is already darker just like most who were good in life and are now "Darker" in undeath and she'd probably not be consumed by it, just like DK Arthas wasn't.

Now obviously the Jailer nagging at you is a thing which her being allied with him would probably mean he wouldn't do to that her, but Bolvar couldn't have known that and because he couldn't have known that, I dont think he can know that even without that, that she'd have been consumed aswell.
    The point of my quote was not to say what is true...but what Bolvar believed was true. I was also using "consumed by it" to mean give into the voices and draw on the dark powers(like arthus did) which causes a person to become corrupted and changed by it(like arthus was).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You do realize this is the lore section right? That's the entire point.
    Yes.
    But lore that lacks coherence let alone any sense..
    I understand that most here are simply "playing" with it however.
    So...moving on...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    This is already the 6th topic about Sylvanas on the first page. Are we really need this?
    From a Doylist PoV, Sylvanas is the only character moving the story forward, even if she's being atrociously written. It's only natural that the lore/story subforum is teeming with Sylvanas threads... If only because there are almost no other major characters worth discussing.

Anduin? Post-BfA Jaina? Thrall? Baine? They're all the same generic, boring, passive cardboard, which cannot, and never could, make for an interesting story in and of themselves. Blizzard has a real issue with lawful good characters - and with credible villains, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2020-11-22 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Converted to URL

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    The point of my quote was not to say what is true...but what Bolvar believed was true. I was also using "consumed by it" to mean give into the voices and draw on the dark powers(like arthus did) which causes a person to become corrupted and changed by it(like arthus was).
    I actually didn't think that was your opinion or anything, i just assumed you were actually stating what he had thought since i haven't read it yet. So I was more of replying to what Bolvar himself thought(assuming what you posted was what he thought) so sorry if you thought i was replying to you specifically

However, we have no proof that Arthas "Gave into the whispers" as there's no mention of it, only of Ner'zhul who he easily resisted and ignored. So what I'm saying is that to Bolvar it would be giving in, but there was no giving in for Arthas. The Arthas we see is a being of pure undeath(evil persona that was created) who has no issues with control of the Helm, so I assume Sylvanas wouldn't have the issues either. Bolvar being someone who is still alive, has his soul intact and his faith in the light is different.

Can't corrupt what's already corrupted

Well if we're using actual Dragon Ball powers, a power level of about 300 is enough to pulverize the moon. I would say her power level is around 80-100 based on her fight with Bolvar. She seems pretty equivalent to characters from the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament.

I'll show myself out now.

so, i think the new short story actually nerfed sylv a bit again, in-lore
    bolvar deliberately didnt use the helmets power (beyond controlling the scourge) all these years, he only tapped into them when sylv stood before him, and even then he didnt use the full potential (so that he wouldnt be strong enough to defeat the 4 dks coming, should he win)
    so we dont know how sylvanas would fare against a fully unleashed LK like arthas, but it seems not that much in her favour

real-life answer obviously remains the same tho, muh waifu wont loose anything against anyone if dansuer has a say in it
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably well over 1 million.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

All that power and neither she nor the Jailer can heal that stupid eye scar the dumb orc left. You really can't depend on anyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    All that power and neither she nor the Jailer can heal that stupid eye scar the dumb orc left. You really can't depend on anyone.
    Who needs regeneration when you have the power to control simps?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief