Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ASs I said before they ended it early and compensated players for it. I wonder why that is? A: Because they trying to prevent the loss of subs. But why use those facts when you can ignore them to push your own made up narrative?

- - - Updated - - -

It ended early. They compensated players for it.
    Then why they did it again? Man this makes no sense at all. And why didn't they end it early this time? This should mean it had no impact on subs, just using your logic here. They didn't end the event therefore they gained subs this time right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    It didn't end early. It was released a week before launch. Guess when it ended? At launch.
    That isn't true. The cure for the zombies happened on the 27th. The rest of the invasion events continued until launch. It lasted 6 days which might not have been "early" but likely could have been. Its impact was a lot greater in WotLK due to reagents, one auction house, etc.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Infestation
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-11-22 at 06:38 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't find any news on that they ended the event earlier??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't true. The cure for the zombies happened on the 27th. The rest of the invasion events continued until launch

You are right, I stand coprrected, however can't find anything about that this wasn't their intention or of any compensation?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'd just like to point out that you are forced flagged in Org & SW but even when you're out in the world UNflagged you can get zombiefied by your faction or the opposite faction if they explode. I was just in COT by Chromie and unflagged only to get the damn infection. People are griefing those out there too
    Yeah I didn't know this until I went into orgrimmar they must have made it autoflag people when they changed the rare spawn timer to 10 minutes because before that there was no auto flagging as far as I can remember.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The auto-flagging is really my only problem with it. If I never rolled on PvP servers, never use war mode and never do any BGs, so I all-around don't do any PvP.

Why should I be forced into lopsided PvP by a bunch of player-controlled ghouls that can nuke me down before I can react and turn me into one of them? I didn't care for it during WoTLK and I don't magically care for it now. As for the whole "immersion" and "theme" thing, sure. I don't mind NPC ghoul invasions.

Anyway, I'm just grateful it only lasts like a week, but the people who claim you must enjoy this to not be some kind of buzzkill or boring person are dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what I don't understand about this pre-patch event? Why is it that the ghouls/zombies are the only things attacking the main cities? Why aren't the cultists coming in or the Frostwyrm flying over and freezing everyone in place for a few seconds like they do out in the world on the other event areas?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You know what I don't understand about this pre-patch event? Why is it that the ghouls/zombies are the only things attacking the main cities? Why aren't the cultists coming in or the Frostwyrm flying over and freezing everyone in place for a few seconds like they do out in the world on the other event areas?
    The short story release indicates that the more mindless of the scourge is rampaging. Where others are more restrained due to some will or having more powerful undead keeping them in line. That is why Archerus can still fly and only had a minor revolt in the crew. And I think any other references to cult/stuff is more of a throw back to the WotLK event.

The ICC rares are all brought about by Mawsworn.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

LMAO I remember the exact same arguments when the first zombie pre patch event happeneed all those years ago. I remember flying into the roof at shatrath where adal was just to hide from the walking dead.

The moaning then was incredible to behold people were proper crying about it 'Im on a pve server they shouldnt be able to kill me' or 'I want to quest I have pvp turned off its not fair i want a refund of my sub money'

Then they were all going to quit the game, However the very nanosecond WOLK dropped they were all playing it and it was of course the best thing since sliced bread.

Things never change they just get recycled.

So many people are literally cherry picking what people are saying instead of reading entire posts. Tagging someone while you're a ghoul should NOT flag them for pvp, especially if they're on the same faction as you. There is no way this isn't a bug and people exploiting it deserve to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The auto-flagging is really my only problem with it. If I never rolled on PvP servers, never use war mode and never do any BGs, so I all-around don't do any PvP.

Why should I be forced into lopsided PvP by a bunch of player-controlled ghouls that can nuke me down before I can react and turn me into one of them? I didn't care for it during WoTLK and I don't magically care for it now. As for the whole "immersion" and "theme" thing, sure. I don't mind NPC ghoul invasions.

Anyway, I'm just grateful it only lasts like a week, but the people who claim you must enjoy this to not be some kind of buzzkill or boring person are dumb.
    Pretty much this.

Oh lol. Makes unfounded, unproven accusations of sub loss based on an event because he "said so" but I'm supposed to prove the opposite with a link.

You haven't even unsubbed.

I, on the other hand actually did resub.

That's all the proof I need. I'm not the only one that came back for the prepatch and resubbed. It's you who need to show proof of all the players quitting over this. Which I wouldn't even request because it's a stupid request. There are no links for these metrics. But as you can see, NOONE is taking your word for it. Many people are just coming back. This is next level idiocy. And agreed T-34, key word is sane! lel

By this same "prove it" logic, we need links from Blizzard saying none of this was their intention and even though they could have hotfixed it they didn't because...! See how that works? Get it? I'm guessing no!

If you were right, all of this could have been hotfixed on day 1!
    Get it? I'm still guessing no!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    That's all the proof I need. I'm not the only one that came back for the prepatch and resubbed. It's you who need to show proof of all the players quitting over this.
    To be fair resubscribing because of the pre-patch is entirely different then resubscribing just for the zombie event. The zombie event will be very few peoples sole reason for returning to the game.

YOu are the one who0 needs to get some perspeective. If I am not happy with the game, I quit.
    It is a week long event. Perspective, my friend

Footage from the Scarlet Scourge invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone who loved the original event and is currently not subbed, i think its fine to have swarms of zombi attacking people during world bosses, but if it causes people to not be able to loot the boss even after they tag it and die/zombify, but their group still kills it, thats pretty retarded and i dont see how they thought that was a wise decision. 99% of the content in the game lets you die and still loot what your party was fighting, why the heck not this?

ASs I said before they ended it early and compensated players for it. I wonder why that is? A: Because they trying to prevent the loss of subs. But why use those facts when you can ignore them to push your own made up narrative?

- - - Updated - - -

It ended early. They compensated players for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't true. The cure for the zombies happened on the 27th. The rest of the invasion events continued until launch. It lasted 6 days which might not have been "early" but likely could have been. Its impact was a lot greater in WotLK due to reagents, one auction house, etc.

There is no mention anywhere on that page of the zombie infestation ending early, nor do I recall any "compensation" for players after complaints were made. If my memory serves correctly, the zombie infestation part was always intended to last only one week before leading directly into the second scourge invasion (which had actually already partially started halfway through the first week). I was a very active player at the time and I distinctly remember that so many of the same complaints we're hearing now happened back then too, but there was never an early end to the zombie infestation or any compensation to players. Hell, there's still articles and blogs up to this day from 2008 with titles like "Fun or grief?", forum posts about how "WoW [made] a big mistake with WotLK event", none of these conversations are new.

I think another thing that you and many others forget is that the zombie invasion part of this pre-patch is already WAY downplayed compared to how it was in WotLK. Back in the Wrath pre-patch, plagued crates were sent to every capital city except Shattrath. It wasn't just Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and a few sporadic pockets where someone decided to go out of their way to drag the plague out there to mess with people. The zombie infestation back then was everywhere, including packs of plagued NPCs that would patrol low-level zones and attack everything at random, including other mobs and players. Small infestations spawned all over the world map. There were even plagued rats and roaches that spread it even further. Compare that to now and this looks like baby's first scourge invasion. Inconvenienced by zombies? Just mount up and fly away. Couldn't do that in Wrath-era Stormwind. Also back then, Alliance ghouls could take Horde city portals and vice versa, like those in Shattrath.

I'm not saying that you have to like this event. In fact, I understand the frustration many people feel about it. But I also feel like it gets blown way out of proportion. This is scourge invasion lite for all those people that thought the last one was too widespread. This time around, already turned ghouls can't even enter the deeprun tram to get between Stormwind and Ironforge. Just be thankful this wasn't two weeks of a Wrath-era zombie infestation.
    Last edited by Darsyek; 2020-11-23 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

The problem is that if you have WM off you cant do anything to the zombies. They can attack and kill you while you get the message "you cant attack that target while warmode is off". Zombies should be attackable by anyone and anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    The problem is that if you have WM off you cant do anything to the zombies. They can attack and kill you while you get the message "you cant attack that target while warmode is off". Zombies should be attackable by anyone and anywhere.
    They also shouldn't tag people for pvp especially if they're on the same faction as you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They also shouldn't tag people for pvp especially if they're on the same faction as you.
    you get honor for killing em, and usually zoning removes the pvp flag.

Not like there's a bunch of wm off wpvpers to be worried about

Its a zombie apocalypse invasion.

It wouldn't be much of an invasion if the zombies had to ask your permission to spread the plague now would it?

Everyone who complains about being inconvenienced by the event are just a bunch of whiners and are completely ignorant to its theme. ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.