Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    [QUOTE=tomten;52828121]I like to play warrior but I also dont like to play a garbage class, which warrior currently is.
    This is why im considering rerolling for the first time in like 10 years.
    And if i'ma reroll, I might as well choose a class that's not only more fun but significantly better.

Not sure why you think it doesn't matter for 99% of the playerbase?/QUOTE]

Becouse it doesnt. And Warriors are doing just fine dont get when you got this idea they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Becouse it doesnt. And Warriors are doing just fine dont get when you got this idea they suck.
    The latest tier list have Prot as the worst m+ spec and the second-worst raid spec. Given SL isn't live yet where are you getting the info that it's 'just fine'

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean on beta they are the weakest tank and can barely clear mythic+.

Right now feral and vengeance are performing the best but it's pretty clear they haven't really done a proper pass over tanks. Brew feels far,far to weak at the moment and I would be extremely surprised if it didnt recieve buffs before mythic opens up.
    Source?
    I mean clearly, you're talking about m+ exclusively, not m+ and raiding since veng is the worst prog raid spec. Even in M+ from the looks of things, BrM is middle of the pack and it's obviously the strongest raid spec (because stagger goes brrrr).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Unless you are mythic raiding it won’t matter for ya and if you are then you wouldn’t be here asking
    ^^ this. I wish more people understood it.

If you are asking "what class is best", doesn't matter what the answer is because it won't be you. Just play what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pointless to ponder on who/what is the best at the moment. Tuning is always somewhat fucked at the launch of a new expansion. So choose whatever you think might be fun, at least for the time being.

Bound to get a few "Reduced/incresed the effectiveness of X by 500%", or something along those lines.

Ask again after a month or two.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-11-23 at 12:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean on beta they are the weakest tank and can barely clear mythic+.

Right now feral and vengeance are performing the best but it's pretty clear they haven't really done a proper pass over tanks. Brew feels far,far to weak at the moment and I would be extremely surprised if it didnt recieve buffs before mythic opens up.
    what makes it feel weak??
    they reworked how the spec plays a bit so you are going to be dealing with a learning curve like the ones saying Ret is garbage

theres always gonna get a best and worst but as long as its actually playable most people wont care. I dont think blizz will ever let warriors be bad

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The latest tier list have Prot as the worst m+ spec and the second-worst raid spec. Given SL isn't live yet where are you getting the info that it's 'just fine'
    It's this thing called 'logical thinking'. Just because something is last (in a very limited list [6]), doesn't mean it's bad. Compared to DPS where there's like 20+ specs to compare between. Warrior is doing just fine for 95% of the playerbase. They're all very close, so play whatever the hell you want. You're not pushing world first, or MDI, so it hardly matters mate.

I'd say Monk for progression, Paladin for overall performance. Everything else is a wash.

Honestly, the difference is so minor that you REALLY should play whatever you enjoy most. There's not really any way to go wrong this time around.

Blood DK, always have been.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love where warrior is. Feels great

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    If people were bothering to learn to play their class, they wouldn't be asking around what is best. They ask because they want to be best without putting any effort in, and that's the delusion. They'll never be best at anything (or even good for that matter) by rolling whatever currently has most potential of being best.

Does that clear it out? Yea, I did see the post before you edited it. The frothing part wasn't particularly worth replying to.
    This is just wrong. Wanting to know what the best things are in literally anything in the world has nothing to do with wanting an easy way out. It's simply a desire to gain knowledge and intelligence. It's incredibly stupid to play a game like this where numbers and tuning are so dramatically important and then intentionally NOT know what is good and what is bad. That's literally intentional ignorance and that's the worst trait anyone could possibly have. There is literally nothing wrong with wanting to know what is best in a game or anything else for that matter and it should only be encouraged that people keep asking those questions.

The only thing toxic about wanting to get better and wanting to know how the game works is people like you that encourage others to be intentionally ignorant. You proved so by assuming 100% of people who seek information always know the best avenue to do so. Some people don't so they ask on a forum that might not be the best place. Everyone starts getting better somewhere and a new person starts becoming more informed and more intelligent every day. Stop encouraging stupidity and an intentional lack of awareness.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2020-11-23 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This is just wrong. Wanting to know what the best things are in literally anything in the world has nothing to do with wanting an easy way out. It's simply a desire to gain knowledge and intelligence. It's incredibly stupid to play a game like this where numbers and tuning are so dramatically important and then intentionally NOT know what is good and what is bad. That's literally intentional ignorance and that's the worst trait anyone could possibly have. There is literally nothing wrong with wanting to know what is best in a game or anything else for that matter and it should only be encouraged that people keep asking those questions.

The only thing toxic about wanting to get better and wanting to know how the game works is people like you that encourage others to be intentionally ignorant. You proved so by assuming 100% of people who seek information always know the best avenue to do so. Some people don't so they ask on a forum that might not be the best place. Everyone starts getting better somewhere and a new person starts becoming more informed and more intelligent every day. Stop encouraging stupidity and an intentional lack of awareness.
    The numbers and tuning are "dramatically important" for the very best % of the playerbase, and they don't need to ask forums what's the best X of the month. It's amazing if you can't figure that part out. Infact, you must be one of these FOTM rollers, thinking it makes you the best kid in town, when in reality if you had just played the last class properly, you'd do more of those dramatically important numbers than by switching around based on the weather.

Worst trait anyone can have is pretense. Pretending that irrelevant stuff are the most relevant things for absolutely everyone, and start raging if anyone points out they are NOT for extremely vast majority. Stop tryharding where it's not needed. Switching class for 5% difference is completely and utterly irrelevant if you're not good enough to even perform at 70% of your current class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I mean, there's definitely merit in asking which tank is the best, when you take into consideration how "metas" often decide invites etc. to groups.
    You can say "play whatever, since you are not the 0.00%", and that's valid. But if that means they will see less dungeon/raid play in pugs for example, then that's just poor advice :P.
    There will always be classes on both ends of the spectrum. Nothing wrong about wanting the better end! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean, look at guardian over the course of BFA:

8.1: 12% dps buff.
    8.2: Rage needed for most abilities heavily reduced, frenzied regen healing increased 33%, mangle and thrash damage buffed 15%

Meanwhile, monks got:

8.3 Big stagger nerf
    8.1 Another stagger nerf

And after 2 big buffs to guardian and 2 big nerfs to brewmaster, the best tank in 8.3 was... brewmaster. And compare that to Legion where they kept nerfing guardian and it was still awesome.

There are significant differences between characters, particularly at the start of the expansion. By the end it's usually more manageable but it takes them a year to even things out. You're usually better off switching to the good one than waiting for the balancing pass.
    with monks you kinda have to take something into account for SL

they reworked it
    no more extra interactions to hold off stagger like with isb
    fewer brews
    shuffle is back
    poor dps compared to other tanks

is BrM strong?? heck yeah in terms of survival but if you just place it in stagger nah m8 thats half the class

in terms of dps go blood dk

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    So with SL only 2 days from launch and with very little tuning in their added month.

How does all the tanks look?
    How would you rank them and why and for which content?

Been warrior main since wotlk but looking to change because well, warr is beyond dogshit.
    What is everyone's thoughts on tanks going into SL?
    Who knows at this point, they've been doing last minute changes to literally everything and it's absurd how unprepared they are for this release.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Currently I have all tank classes at lvl 50 bar DH (because I can't stand their animations, and their DPS spec is as entertaining as watching paint dry). My personal take is:

• Warrior is overnerfed.
    • Paladin can be very squishy if you mistime your HP spenders.
    • Bear is OK, maybe too simplistic for my taste.
    • Monk is clearly superior atm, let's see what happens when SL borrowed power kicks in.
    • Haven't really played my DK in any serious capacity at max level, so I won't comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

All tanks are looking good. Choose what you like.

- - - Updated - - -

When is the last time warrior was the strongest survival tank for progression? Seems like they've been mediocre forever. Brewmaster, Guardian, Paladin, DK have all had their day in the sun, but warrior other than the brief period of superpowered Ignore Pain seems like it's always meh.
    The last bout of mythic+ invitational had mostly warrior tanks. They are not weak and they have had their spot at the top several times. Especially in vanilla and TBC where they were basically the best MT's.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Source?
    I mean clearly, you're talking about m+ exclusively, not m+ and raiding since veng is the worst prog raid spec. Even in M+ from the looks of things, BrM is middle of the pack and it's obviously the strongest raid spec (because stagger goes brrrr).
    How is veng worse prog raid spec? Most top tanks vote prot warrior next to prot paladin as the weakest raiding spec, specially for the last 3 bosses and veng in middle. With certain legendarys and talents, veng is pretty viable raid tank, not the best but viable.

The differences are often way more than 5%. Look above. In BFA, Guardian's damage was about 20% too low at the start of the expansion, his mitigation cost about 15% too much rage, and his self healing was weak by 33%. No one plays this game thinking, "Oh well, I suck, who cares if my character is 20% too weak"... even if you're not cutting edge, that extra character power matters. It makes fights easier to do. Why do people think that no one should care about that?

- - - Updated - - -

This wasn't a comment about the current state of BrM, I'm just talking about how unbalanced tanks have been at the start of the past few expansions. In BFA Guardian got several substantial buffs and BrM got nerfs and BrM was still better. If you look at legion it's a similar story, except in legion guardian was the op tank and was still awesome despite nerf after nerf. Maybe they got it right in Shadowlands, I don't know, but recent history suggests they've had real trouble balancing tanks at the start of expansions, which is why everyone here is asking which one is going to be good. I played guardian at the start of BFA and it sucked. I played it at the end and it was fine, but who wants to wait months and months for them to get it right?
    my druid tank still says it sucks but then again he wants to be a terminator

tuning tanks will always be weird because the abse toolkits have a big difference and without different things that change that the first tier will rely on what has the best base kit which thanks to how mitigation was changed back in WoD will favor those with passive or easily managed mitigation. I think the game needs to have something that helps with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    It's this thing called 'logical thinking'. Just because something is last (in a very limited list [6]), doesn't mean it's bad. Compared to DPS where there's like 20+ specs to compare between. Warrior is doing just fine for 95% of the playerbase. They're all very close, so play whatever the hell you want.
    So since they're all so close is there a reason BrM monks parsed an order of magnitude more often than bears and veng in ny'alotha? Or in palace? Or the same for bears and blood in tomb? or *INSERT CLASS* in *INSERT TIER*?

Here's a meta-question, why is wow the only multiplayer game on earth where when someone asks what the best gun/champion/hero/class/deck is (in a vacuum or a specific context). Instead of just being linked to parses/tierlists or sims a person is bombarded with self-conscious posts from lfr heroes explaining how little said differences matter, despite said metrics showing they do in fact matter in some cases quite significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    You're not pushing world first, or MDI, so it hardly matters mate.
    Citation required
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?