Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Now this is the problem for me. The thing is, the blood elves don't need anything else when they already have their own story.
    You make it seem they lack something, when you want, what they have kind of situation. I would argue to leave it t what it is and let them push forward why they are called void elves in te first place. I think it would be a healthy direction for the void elves if they would be little more creative on them in the future and ser their own path, right now they lack on all fronts. I understand people want the high elf look, but the problem is people always want more and it shows when we know his has already been realised in game as we speak.

We wil see what the future will bring for costumization for them, I do see blonde colors happening for void elves for example. I don't hope it will happen, because I think the line is drawn for me at Tentacles off/on(same hairstyles or new ones) so no blood elf copy paste.
    I think the color white/black should be available on both sides, lightercolors such as blonde will be blood elf only. I think thats fair play.
    Many people cling to void elves as a way to finaly have high elves on the Alliance, you can't be surprised people want to play it, when we high elves have more presence then let's say gnomes. Now, I think it is way more appropriate to use Void elves as for that Reason then to request high elves themselves. That is dead end now.

We may discuss blood elves need something new or not, but there are people seriously disappointed how few new features blood elves got now, compared to other races. As for blood elves, I don't think you can make them more high elvish then they already are, so new theme comes is one solution.

As for void elves... Yes, I agree they lack on most fronts currently, so there is a lot of space for improvements. It also goes tied to their Story development, which was almost non-existent, safe for them working alongside 7th Legion during War Campaign.

As for their appearance, I agree black, white and some shades of gray are good, blonde Is not really necessary, but I guess it is likely to happen. I'd happily abandon blonde and red haircolors for good to see some cosmic colors, similar to what they voidstrider looks like. That is what could set them apart from blood elves. There are also many hairstyles blood elves already share with night elves, humans and even draenei (all of them are Alliance races, lol), so I can imagine void elves having these access to these hairstyles too, without hurting blood elves much (since that hairstyles are not unique to them anyway).

Good afternoon!
    I just started learning to program, I used to create programs in Excel. Can you tell me how to make sure that the points are set only when a certain condition is met? How many did not try, either the points are set as I do not need, or they are not at all?
    I would be very grateful for the php assignment help. Thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by vergasiv; 2020-11-12 at 02:03 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Many people cling to void elves as a way to finaly have high elves on the Alliance, you can't be surprised people want to play it, when we high elves have more presence then let's say gnomes. Now, I think it is way more appropriate to use Void elves as for that Reason then to request high elves themselves. That is dead end now.

We may discuss blood elves need something new or not, but there are people seriously disappointed how few new features blood elves got now, compared to other races. As for blood elves, I don't think you can make them more high elvish then they already are, so new theme comes is one solution.

As for void elves... Yes, I agree they lack on most fronts currently, so there is a lot of space for improvements. It also goes tied to their Story development, which was almost non-existent, safe for them working alongside 7th Legion during War Campaign.

As for their appearance, I agree black, white and some shades of gray are good, blonde Is not really necessary, but I guess it is likely to happen. I'd happily abandon blonde and red haircolors for good to see some cosmic colors, similar to what they voidstrider looks like. That is what could set them apart from blood elves. There are also many hairstyles blood elves already share with night elves, humans and even draenei (all of them are Alliance races, lol), so I can imagine void elves having these access to these hairstyles too, without hurting blood elves much (since that hairstyles are not unique to them anyway).
    I rather not see the blood elves become what every blood elf player hate which is becoming the light elves in lore and in appearances. I am one of the older players who liked their: are we good or are we bad. In one of the first interviews in bc they even spoke about leaving it at the edge. Anyway I know that time has passed, but I think the blood elves realy have enough going on now also with kaal coming into the fold and we still need an updated silvermoon. Those things alone will be enough for couple of interesting hooks. What I am saying is.. I heavily dissagrree with your statement that the blood elves would need something else, it fullfills nothing, but a argument to have more high elf options.

I see people say.. well the void elves are the new edgey elves and you should reroll. The void elves are nothing to me.. there is no real herritage or rich history, its the same with high elves. They all fall back on the blood elves which are the original high elves realy. So I assume I am not the only one thinking this way, thats why I said it would be healthy to set them on their own thing.

Last time we heard something about them was channeling void energies into dinosaurs? They lack, just like Nightborne .

Sure I think alot are looking forward to new allied race costumizations, the thing is.. you can already rp as an high elf, besides new hairstyles and colors obviously there is nothing much to it. You can rp as a high elf just fine so that is pretty much covered. This will give the devs to invest more time in the void aspect and lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I rather not see the blood elves become what every blood elf player hate which is becoming the light elves in lore and in appearances. I am one of the older players who liked their: are we good or are we bad. In one of the first interviews in bc they even spoke about leaving it at the edge. Anyway I know that time has passed, but I think the blood elves realy have enough going on now also with kaal coming into the fold and we still need an updated silvermoon. Those things alone will be enough for couple of interesting hooks. What I am saying is.. I heavily dissagrree with your statement that the blood elves would need something else, it fullfills nothing, but a argument to have more high elf options.
    I sense some contradiction in this statement. You say you liked blood elves when they were introduced as a shady elves with flexible morales, yet then you say they are fine how they are now, which is pointy eared humans on the Horde. TBH I loved blood elves back when they had their edge. It made them interesting. Now, not so much, and you can see there are people who miss this as well and want blood elves to come back to that state, with their lore and their appearances as well. If you want them to revert to good old days, they are in need of some change. There are more opinions what can be done with blood elves, but surely they need something in terms of new customizations, since what they got was pretty underwhelming. Even now, you can see blood elf fans crying in the corner that void elves now have both high elf and void elf themes and they have only one.

Also, Kael is not coming back to fold. He seems more interested in staying with Venthyr actually. I'm not sure what will happen with him after we hunt down Kel'Thuzad, but as far as I know, there is no real indication Kael will play any role for thalassian elves, regardles of their politics and ideology. It's a good wish, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Remember when Illidan come back from the dead? He did not even talked to Tyrande and Malfurion...

I see people say.. well the void elves are the new edgey elves and you should reroll. The void elves are nothing to me.. there is no real herritage or rich history, its the same with high elves. They all fall back on the blood elves which are the original high elves realy. So I assume I am not the only one thinking this way, thats why I said it would be healthy to set them on their own thing.
    I disagree. Void elves have the very same history as blood elves, you can easily connect to it. They went through same hardships, the background is here. What I agree on with you is that they definitely need new direction, same with high elves. We lack motivations for their actions. We lack a goal... but void elves are not the only one who suffer it. Actually, blood elves are the same now, as most of other playable races. Most of the races had their old issues resolved in cataclysm and with that notion, they were just swallowed by their respective factions (focused largely on humans vs orcs) without developing any new directions for them. What are blood elves about now? Well... protecting Sunwell? But from what? What are dwarves now about? They finaly reunited all clans, but what now? See... you can basically make that statement for any race, core or allied. What are tauren about? OK, worshiping Earthmother, honoring ancestors, protecting Mulgore... but from what threat?

Last time we heard something about them was channeling void energies into dinosaurs? They lack, just like Nightborne .
    Well, void elves got way more spotlight in war campaign then nightborne did on the Horde side. That being said, nightborne are almost non-existent in the Horde storytelling, which is sad. Even though void elves and Magister Umbric were used often in Alliance war campaign, it developed nothing for them. It was always just about elves doing stuff for 7th Legion, it didn't bring anything for them. You could easily replace all these void elves with another alliance shadow priests and be done with it. What void elves desperately need are stories like Alleria's journey in Mac'Aree, which show us some concerns of the race. TBH, we should get more racial stories. World story went through many dramatic events, it is strange to see so little reflection from the people.

Sure I think alot are looking forward to new allied race costumizations, the thing is.. you can already rp as an high elf, besides new hairstyles and colors obviously there is nothing much to it. You can rp as a high elf just fine so that is pretty much covered. This will give the devs to invest more time in the void aspect and lore.
    As I said earlier, I think having both options is good. There is definitely space for some more high elf features, but honestly, that's something that should not take dev a lot of time to do, since they would not invent anything new on that regard. What I'd be interested in is to void elves take on a cosmic/astral aestetics to show us different aspect of the Void. We've been given hints recently that void is not all evil and light is not all good, so let void elves make a path for that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sense some contradiction in this statement. You say you liked blood elves when they were introduced as a shady elves with flexible morales, yet then you say they are fine how they are now, which is pointy eared humans on the Horde. TBH I loved blood elves back when they had their edge. It made them interesting. Now, not so much, and you can see there are people who miss this as well and want blood elves to come back to that state, with their lore and their appearances as well. If you want them to revert to good old days, they are in need of some change. There are more opinions what can be done with blood elves, but surely they need something in terms of new customizations, since what they got was pretty underwhelming. Even now, you can see blood elf fans crying in the corner that void elves now have both high elf and void elf themes and they have only one.
    Not realy.. I said I missed them, yet I told you that, that time has passed, but other topics are interesting enough to keep the blood elves relevant. So yea.. in that sense they need something, that doesnt mean they need something that isnt there already.

Also, Kael is not coming back to fold. He seems more interested in staying with Venthyr actually. I'm not sure what will happen with him after we hunt down Kel'Thuzad, but as far as I know, there is no real indication Kael will play any role for thalassian elves, regardles of their politics and ideology. It's a good wish, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Remember when Illidan come back from the dead? He did not even talked to Tyrande and Malfurion...
    Hes already back in the fold in the beta..so yea he will be relevant obviously. The question is still up in the air if any other can cross the veil.. and it seems very likeky this will happen. As this has already happened with others.

Hes a fan favoriite m8 ..and hes only link are the blood elves and vashj atm, even in hes quests they talk about hes fsilures to hes people etc. Its not that he suddenly dont know what race he is/was. Dont hold my breathe is not fitting here, because the chance is there that more will be happening with him. The Venthyr will obviously play a huge part. But dismissing kael so early is not very smart. We will very likeky see much more of him in the future of the venthyr campaign. We only just helped him get rid of certain sins.. hes far from done.

We dont know much more.. like you said afther that kel thuzad quest it kinda stops and I dont have anything to back this up, but he is like vashj and Illidan fan service and they will not let him not interact with anyone from the blood elves.. I would not believe that.
    I disagree. Void elves have the very same history as blood elves, you can easily connect to it. They went through same hardships, the background is here. What I agree on with you is that they definitely need new direction, same with high elves. We lack motivations for their actions. We lack a goal... but void elves are not the only one who suffer it. Actually, blood elves are the same now, as most of other playable races.
    Exactly so no own lore realy.. Like I said its the same with high elves
    They keep falling back to the thalassian lore wich has been lore for blood elves since their intro. Shining with that as a void elves is.. well sad if you ask me. You cant say anything realy without directly linking it to horde most poular race since 2007. They need their own gig. And not false herritage they all abbandon.
    Well, void elves got way more spotlight in war campaign then nightborne did on the Horde side. That being said, nightborne are almost non-existent in the Horde storytelling, which is sad. Even though void elves and Magister Umbric were used often in Alliance war campaign, it developed nothing for them. It was always just about elves doing stuff for 7th Legion, it didn't bring anything for them. You could easily replace all these void elves with another alliance shadow priests and be done with it. What void elves desperately need are stories like Alleria's journey in Mac'Aree, which show us some concerns of the race. TBH, we should get more racial stories. World story went through many dramatic events, it is strange to see so little reflection from the people.
    Yea, more focus on the the void elves and umbric would be a good move. Its a shame.. they could have done so much more. The problem was bfa in general, they wwanted to focus on so much and can do only do half.

The nightborne are imo just a very sad story. We cant look like the npcs and also not realy have alot of option and no lore afther suramar. Hopefully we will see them again.

As I said earlier, I think having both options is good. There is definitely space for some more high elf features, but honestly, that's something that should not take dev a lot of time to do, since they would not invent anything new on that regard. What I'd be interested in is to void elves take on a cosmic/astral aestetics to show us different aspect of the Void. We've been given hints recently that void is not all evil and light is not all good, so let void elves make a path for that.
    But you can already.. so what other option besides a hair color or 2 are you refering to??

In terms of void eastetics.. I have said everything on that already.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-11-10 at 01:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Regarding Void Elf/High Elf Paladins - the easiest solution for this would be to give Paladins a Shadow Spec. Paladins are basically Priests who wear Plate and fight, and if Priests can wield both, so should Paladins. Would also open them up for Forsaken.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Regarding Void Elf/High Elf Paladins - the easiest solution for this would be to give Paladins a Shadow Spec. Paladins are basically Priests who wear Plate and fight, and if Priests can wield both, so should Paladins. Would also open them up for Forsaken.
    Yea just no. They should not be paladins imo. Thats just weird and dont fit at all, better said they kinda clash.
    Even if you change the eastetics its still a paladin that is on the wrong side realy.

Notice how people say that they should and use Turalyon as an example when hes not even a void elf-.-

Wasn't Tempest Keep retaken by the Shattari? I guess blood elves would have to infiltrate it and retake it once again to gain control of it, which is pretty unlikely, given that Liadrin pledge her loyalty to A'dal.
    Well, maybe at that point A'dal would like to help Horde, since Alliance work with shady void creatures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This way we would have two "Void but not really" classes. Since many races have issues with using Light, I believe it would be better to give them one fully shadowy class instead of multiple specs distributed among different classes.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Well, maybe at that point A'dal would like to help Horde, since Alliance work with shady void creatures.

- - - Updated - - -

This way we would have two "Void but not really" classes. Since many races have issues with using Light, I believe it would be better to give them one fully shadowy class instead of multiple specs distributed among different classes.
    The Alliance is also the Faction with the most influential Light Priesthoods and Paladin orders, the Horde honestly only have the Blood Elves the other priesthoods of the Horde are either majority shadowpriests(Hexpriests and the Shadowmoon) of sort or worship beings that simply give them Light powers through a filter(Zandalari and Tauren Priests), and goblins(why are they able to be priests again?), meanwhile the Alliance Capital has a Church that dwarfs the surrounding houses and the Draenei(including the Lightforged) who worship the Naaru, so if A'dal does lend the Horde Tempest Keep the Ren'dorei would probably be a footnote at most

Also yeah, I'd be up for a Void Knight class

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    The Alliance is also the Faction with the most influential Light Priesthoods and Paladin orders, the Horde honestly only have the Blood Elves the other priesthoods of the Horde are either majority shadowpriests(Hexpriests and the Shadowmoon) of sort or worship beings that simply give them Light powers through a filter(Zandalari and Tauren Priests), and goblins(why are they able to be priests again?), meanwhile the Alliance Capital has a Church that dwarfs the surrounding houses and the Draenei(including the Lightforged) who worship the Naaru, so if A'dal does lend the Horde Tempest Keep the Ren'dorei would probably be a footnote at most
    That is indeed a problem. In fact, Telogrus makes little sense given Alliance can use more mobile Vindicaar. Apparently, Horde will have to kidnap an asteroid for themselves before "void expansion".
    Also yeah, I'd be up for a Void Knight class
    I would rather not use "knight" here. It suggests humans too much.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That is indeed a problem. In fact, Telogrus makes little sense given Alliance can use more mobile Vindicaar. Apparently, Horde will have to kidnap an asteroid for themselves before "void expansion".

I would rather not use "knight" here. It suggests humans too much.
    The Vindicaar in a Doylist explanation is well it's not big enough to serve as a main base for an expansion, while in a Watsonian sense the Vindicaar is probably more suited as an elite assualt transport, so having Telogrus turn into a stronghold makes a modicum of sense, for Horde personally something themed after the Shal'dorei would be nice

what about the Blood Knights, their iconic to the Blood Elves but still use the term knight so there's nothing wrong with calling a class Void Knight especially since they'd logically be a foil to the Blood Knights who are paladins

Edit: the Xorothian Fel Knight and Twilight Shadow Knight NPCs are also examples of the term being used without an association with humans, the fel knights are all Man'ari while the Shadow Knights, ARE TAUREN, Tauren associated with a cult with humans members(though founded by an Ogre) but still Tauren(not a great example but still an example)
    Last edited by Psykho; 2020-11-10 at 04:57 PM.

Paladins are really not an iconic High Elf class, anyway. That would be Rangers (Hunters) and Sorcerers (Mages)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Paladins are really not an iconic High Elf class, anyway. That would be Rangers (Hunters) and Sorcerers (Mages)
    I'd add priests and warriors too. Paladins are definitely not necessary for high elves and are awkward choice for void elves without some explanation how they'd work.

I'd add priests and warriors too. Paladins are definitely not necessary for high elves and are awkward choice for void elves without some explanation how they'd work.
    Yeah personally I'd like to see if Void Elves could possibly wield the light through a filter like the Tauren and Zandalari do(they obviously can't wield it directly) could they be gifted the light by An'she or Rezan, or are they just screwed, also I'd personally like to see if Void Elves can be druids without creating a new Nightmare partially because I feel like they'd have some interesting Druid forms

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Yeah personally I'd like to see if Void Elves could possibly wield the light through a filter like the Tauren and Zandalari do(they obviously can't wield it directly) could they be gifted the light by An'she or Rezan, or are they just screwed, also I'd personally like to see if Void Elves can be druids without creating a new Nightmare partially because I feel like they'd have some interesting Druid forms
    Wielding the light comes from faith and willpower, Tauren worship An'she and can call upon the light of An'she, Prelates before Rezans death did get their power granted to them by Rezan but after Rezans death only a few could still call on it (presumably those with strong enough faith in their Loa). Void Elves don't have any kind of filter they could worship the light through (I see their priests as being akin to Mag'har priests not meant to respresent any kind of light worship and only meant to be shadow priests). Maybe Void Elves could wield the light through sheer willpower similar to how Benedictus still wielded the light even when he was the leader of the Twilight Hammer.

Alleria's mere presence resulted in the void trying to corrupt the Sunwell, i'd imagine if any void elf attempted to connect to the emerald dream or wild gods they'd immediately start causing corruption.

quickly how people forget priests and paladins function differently.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's too late for void elf-LF tension. If that happens, it will be bad writing. Void elves and LF draenei have been chatting and having fun together in Stormwind for 3 years at this point.
    Agreed, also, it would be too obvious. What would be more interesting is if they got along well, despite this difference, like a reflection of Alleria and Turalyon.

Tension could come between some sects of humanity's light religion not being into the whole void thing at all, and csating aspersions on aliens and other races as the problem -this would be a bit in line with the suspicion in Stormwind at the Cathedral. It shouldn't be reflective of all humaniyt.. and it would be silly to make that sect outrgith enemies, but they could be asource of tension as a group that doesn't want void involvement.

Saying that, Xe'ra was obviously anti-Alleria, while the Lightforged leaned towards Velen and Turalyon's acceptance, maybe some zealot lightforged could be involved/ But it doesn't fit the profile of the lightforged, we could have an AU universe Lightbound make the crossing and be the source of stirring up the trouble. And MU Lightforged be part of the solution that works against it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    quickly how people forget priests and paladins function differently.
    They both have flash heal though

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Void elf, I will never go back to Blood.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    They both have flash heal though
    *facepalm*

sigh
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor