Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    She apparently got too crazy even for the Trump campaign.
    Really? What did she say that stood out in the crazy department as opposed to say... Rudy?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Really? What did she say that stood out in the crazy department as opposed to say... Rudy?
    Maybe the Georgia comments? Claiming Georgia GOP was in cahoots with Venezuela? Maybe McConnell had a wee word with Trump about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to Mayor Giuliani spearheading the legal effort to defend OUR RIGHT to FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS! Rudy Giuliani, Joseph diGenova, Victoria Toensing, Sidney Powell, and Jenna Ellis, a truly great team, added to our other wonderful lawyers and representatives!
    -- Trump, Nov 14

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only thing that stands out is her Tucker interaction. Everything else seems to be aligned with their claims.
    yeah someone on twitter nicely put it, imagine being kicked out of the manson family cause a member thought you were too crazy for even them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    Maybe the Georgia comments? Claiming Georgia GOP was in cahoots with Venezuela? Maybe McConnell had a wee word with Trump about it.
    Sounds like pretty bog standard Tea Party/Q shit though.

Not sure what changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Not sure what changed.
    There are three optoins I can think of. Likely more.

1) It's exactl what it sounds like. She attacked GOP members and made unfounded claims about Dominion and multiple states with zero to negative evidence. Seen as the least credible lawyer in a room containing Giuliani in a literal meltdown, and facing nonstop ridicule for making claims with no legal standing and no evidence, she was cut before she ruined a case by tainting a judge against Team Trump by her very existence.

2) Tucker Carlson called in a favor. "I can't keep supporting you if you keep her around".

3) Flynn flipped. She represents Flynn.

Yes, she put a hashtag in a press release.
    That is not following the AP style guide. I am disappointed that they would not be following the AP style guide.

I do have to thank Trump and his post election tirade for basically blowing up FOX and leaving a crater in its place. Half the country already doesn't watch it and Trump is going to take his disgruntled followers elsewhere. FOX is to Dr. Frankenstein as Trump is to the Monster.

Tell Hannity to turn off the lights on his way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh...she's going to bring all those claims she made into an actual courtroom.

Okay.

Can I watch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I do have to thank Trump and his post election tirade for basically blowing up FOX and leaving a crater in its place. Half the country already doesn't watch it and Trump is going to take his disgruntled followers elsewhere. FOX is to Dr. Frankenstein as Trump is to the Monster.

Tell Hannity to turn off the lights on his way out.
    While I certainly hope that's the case, I'm hesitant by merit of the fact that feces, no matter how split, will still always sluice down and recoalesce into lowest cesspit available.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not sure if Senator Kramer has been mentioned yet, but:

GOP Senator Has Instructed Staff to Cooperate With Biden Transition, Says It's 'Past Time' for Trump to Do Same

Add another GOP member to the pile who are getting increasingly nervous.

EDIT: And another:

Murkowski calls on Trump to begin transition process, decries 'pressure campaign on state legislators'

I think Murkowski had already congratulated Biden on his win (but don't quote me on it). Now she's starting to add a little emphasis behind the words.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-11-23 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh...she's going to bring all those claims she made into an actual courtroom.

Okay.

Can I watch?
    She says "Soon..." Seeing as two more states are certifying their results on... let's see, tomorrow, that "soon" really seems to be running out.

I do wonder... do we have a sort of "timeline" on election certification results where all of the necessary swing states that voted Biden will have certified their results, rendering any continued certification challenges by Trump pointless?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    She says "Soon..." Seeing as two more states are certifying their results on... let's see, tomorrow, that "soon" really seems to be running out.

I do wonder... do we have a sort of "timeline" on election certification results where all of the necessary swing states that voted Biden will have certified their results, rendering any continued certification challenges by Trump pointless?
    I'm expecting some buffoonery around Michigan certifying their results tomorrow.

While I certainly hope that's the case, I'm hesitant by merit of the fact that feces, no matter how split, will still always sluice down and recoalesce into lowest cesspit available.
    True, but divide and conquer is effective no matter what. There are a few types of Republicans (I would draw a Venn diagram but I'm lazy)

A. Racists
    B. Evangelical Nuts
    C. Greedy Opportunists and Con Artists (the career politicians like McConnell)

Trump will probably take most of A and a good portion of B with him. The "C" Republicans are running for the lifeboats trying to carry what jewelry they can before the ship sinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'm expecting some buffoonery around Michigan certifying their results tomorrow.
    If I were them, I'd be worried about MI's AG. It's not in their legal remit to deny certification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    We'll have to see, but... again, refusing to certify an election does a lot more than say "Biden hasn't won yet," it casts every ballot measure and other election into question.

While I know the Republicans are generally a spineless bunch, it seems that the monumental hassle that would impose on Michigan and Michigan alone wouldn't be worth it for them to go to bat for Trump on the matter, especially considering that them doing... whatever vague, nefarious nonsense they'd do... wouldn't even make Trump the winner of the presidential race.

So they'd have to cast their entire election into utter havoc with no clear path forward with the vague hope that other states also choose to do the same and then hope that that would allow Trump some screwy path to victory.

Again, we'll have to see what happens tomorrow, but... my impression is that, while the GOP has zero moral fiber, they also don't want to do things that require too much effort from them, personally. And re-doing the entirety of the Michigan election, or what have you... seems like way more effort than they'd be willing to go through.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

We'll have to see, but... again, refusing to certify an election does a lot more than say "Biden hasn't won yet," it casts every ballot measure and other election into question.
    MI's AG has previously said she's likely going to open criminal probes into people who delay certification. It's also against MI's election laws (see post 37779) for them not to certify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    True, but divide and conquer is effective no matter what. There are a few types of Republicans (I would draw a Venn diagram but I'm lazy)

A. Racists
    B. Evangelical Nuts
    C. Greedy Opportunists and Con Artists (the career politicians like McConnell)

Trump will probably take most of A and a good portion of B with him. The "C" Republicans are running for the lifeboats trying to carry what jewelry they can before the ship sinks.
    True, but the republicans specialize in making people afraid enough to come together and vote against their own interests en mass. Just look at this past election.

Trump would need to consistently act as a spoiler against the GOP, and enough people would have to believe him and opt out of voting, and refuse to do the normal GOP voter's process of swallowing their pride, dignity and brains and just voting for whomever the party tells them to. While I don't doubt that he's currently acting as a thorn in their sides, once he's out of the relative limelight and if he effectively dodges prison I could see them just paying him a bunch of money to pay down his legal troubles to shut up and support them and their candidates.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-11-23 at 02:01 AM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Kraken on steroids? I am not even sure what that's supposed to mean? Like are they insinuating that this is a figuratively giant squid with tentacles all over the place rigging the election? Or are they implying that they are a Kraken on steroids, which... I guess is kind of cool, just really weird?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Kraken on steroids? I am not even sure what that's supposed to mean? Like are they insinuating that this is a figuratively giant squid with tentacles all over the place rigging the election? Or are they implying that they are a Kraken on steroids, which... I guess is kind of cool, just really weird?
    The only thing I can think of is that they think of the Kraken as some big, powerful creature and it being on steroids means it's more powerful, so... she imagines herself to be some sort of "beast who's going to blow this thing wide open," as if she was some legal powerhouse who's going to flip this thing on its head and deliver Trump a victory.

Yeah, it's stupid.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.