Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    My god you're every stereotype of reactionary right wing culture war fanatic, slogans and all. "Does the game really need a trans character?" Well does it need a straight cis character? Acting like only straight cis people are human and trans people are some sort of dlc lmao. Reducing actual human beings that exist to a "left wing bandwagon". Why not "does the game really need black people?? Or women?" ... "these sjws be pushing this agenda that there's more people in the world than white straight guys. smh...", "instead of pandering to progressives they should get their priorities straight! like boob sliders!"
    He's just baiting people. Just report it and ignore it, it's the best thing you can do. People that pay attention realize that trans people have existed to an extent for a very long time and in tons of different cultures around the world. The one thing that this person's group of people try to do is be loud, vocal and seen to try and bring in anyone on the fence that may not be as learned or educated by simply being seen while also spouting false information as if they're truth in as many places as possible knowing you'll come in and defend it with logic, which takes much longer than a copy/paste slogan and saying from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    My god you're every stereotype of reactionary right wing culture war fanatic, slogans and all. "Does the game really need a trans character?" Well does it need a straight cis character? Acting like only straight cis people are human and trans people are some sort of dlc lmao. Reducing actual human beings that exist to a "left wing bandwagon". Why not "does the game really need black people?? Or women?" ... "these sjws be pushing this agenda that there's more people in the world than white straight guys. smh...", "instead of pandering to progressives they should get their priorities straight! like boob sliders!"
    Do you ever see straight cis characters in media going around making public service announcements about their sexuality for attention? Furthermore, does a person's sexuality matter in the slightest in a universe where we travel to all manner of fantastical worlds to fight mythological creatures. Why can't characters be defined by their personalities and motives instead of resorting to gender politics. Learning that someone identifies as a Murloc doesn't make them more sympathetic or relatable. It's just left wing propaganda that has no place in entertainment.

[EDIT] And since you decided to bring race into it. No, I don't have a problem with humans getting additional race customizations added. It's honestly been a long time coming and is a welcome addition. Though if Blizzard ever shoehorns references to BLM into the game as a result, there will be Hell to fucking pay![/EDIT]

Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    He's just baiting people. Just report it and ignore it,
    That's right. Report me for spitting truths and hope I get censored because my views don't align with yours. Because that's just the way of you woke liberals these days. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2020-11-22 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    With all the talk around it initially being endless and how it is a shame now that it isn't endless - I kept thinking of Proving grounds.

Wasn't there and endless mode to it...and if anyone did it...how much fun was it (and how many did it / how well was it perceived)?
    I did endless mode on my Healer and earned the highest rating. It was fun and challenging, forcing me to learn my class and think out of the box a bit for a player like myself. From what I remember it was at a set item level and you couldn't out gear it, it all came down to skill and execution. I enjoyed it and didn't play it past getting the endless wave 30 since there weren't rewards and the entire setup was exactly the same thing over and over again every wave.

• To Blizzard, each expansion is equivalent to a major game release and the team isn't afraid to scrap features from previous expansions to keep the game from having far too much weight and complexity.
    To me it feels horrible to level in Legion and have no Artifact Weapon progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    To me it feels horrible to level in Legion and have no Artifact Weapon progression.
    I feel you, thank god I don't have to set foot in there now that we have chromie time (altho I still go through the starting part to get my extra HS).

The team has tried to emphasize that your class should matter. Having a well-rounded group is healthier.
    Yeah, tough luck if you chose your main 15 years ago, before the devs decided what your class should be the current expansion. This kind of specialization is what talents should be for instead of choosing between "2nd ability that does X dps" and "passive that makes main ability do 15% more dps".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    What I want to see is a villainous gay/trans character, like so fucking evil they eat baby souls but also cross dress on the weekends. Equality of morals
    So basically J. Edgar Hoover in WoW form?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    So basically J. Edgar Hoover in WoW form?
    I'm not American so I don't get that reference sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I don't consider myself a homophobe, transphobe or whateverphobe. But I am absolutely sick of this constant virtue signalling in media these days just to appease these attention whoring minorities. You don't see people constantly rubbing their straightness in everybodies faces, so why do these pathetic SJW's have to feed us this bullshit constantly for the sake of "diversity"? These retarded gender politics contribute absolutely nothing to a fantasy game.
    Just. Fuck. Off!
    You clearly haven't watched a tv show or movie or read a book or hell even a news paper in the last, fuck, 50-70 years if you think straightness isn't rubbed in peoples faces.....

I can't even watch a wholesome family show without it turning into every single one of the characters being straight and in a relationship. And the amount of straight sex in movies is absurd. Fucking zombie movies have sex scenes in them in.....ZOMBIE MOVIES!! That's when you know most shit is written by straight men. The world is ending from zombies and instead of trying to survive they're just trying to fuuuuu anything still alive....and in some of them not alive.

Fuck even the lesbian actresses that came back for the Connors are shoehorned into straight roles again.....even when Jackie was dipping her toe into lesbianism in the original.

Do yourself and everyone around you a favor...come out of the closet already. All you're doing is causing a bunch of people harm that don't need to be caused it. Suck a D, eat a V, what ever. Just stop forcing your insecurity on the entire country. Kay.

What I want to see is a villainous gay/trans character, like so fucking evil they eat baby souls but also cross dress on the weekends. Equality of morals
    That one 007 movie came close with Javier Bardem. He just had to "take" Bond for it to have been what you wanted....and what i wanted....

Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    Yeah, tough luck if you chose your main 15 years ago, before the devs decided what your class should be the current expansion. This kind of specialization is what talents should be for instead of choosing between "2nd ability that does X dps" and "passive that makes main ability do 15% more dps".
    Meh, takes 24 hours to get to 50 now. Your class being UP isn't an issue anymore. Just reroll in a day or two.

Do you ever see straight cis characters in media going around making public service announcements about their sexuality for attention? Furthermore, does a person's sexuality matter in the slightest in a universe where we travel to all manner of fantastical worlds to fight mythological creatures. Why can't characters be defined by their personalities and motives instead of resorting to gender politics. Learning that someone identifies as a Murloc doesn't make them more sympathetic or relatable. It's just left wing propaganda that has no place in entertainment.

[EDIT] And since you decided to bring race into it. No, I don't have a problem with humans getting additional race customizations added. It's honestly been a long time coming and is a welcome addition. Though if Blizzard ever shoehorns references to BLM into the game as a result, there will be Hell to fucking pay![/EDIT]

That's right. Report me for spitting truths and hope I get censored because my views don't align with yours. Because that's just the way of you woke liberals these days. Pathetic.
    Because that's the world straight people made..... Every character in every movie or book has been defined by their relationships in someway. Fuck, when has a movie or book come out where love wasn't a character in the story, and straight love at that? The more you fight it the more it'll trigger you. As I said to the other person. Come out already. You're just hurting a bunch of people that don't deserve to be hurt because you're too afraid to accept yourself for who you are.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-11-23 at 03:59 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

"The main delay for the expansion was to address balance issues caused by Covenant systems with having so many specs."

And theyn they release the expansion with 90% of the classes and specs have night fae as best coven. Such balance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not American so I don't get that reference sorry.
    J Edgar Hoover was an FBI director back in the day known for being vehemently anti-gay, anti-communist, anti-everything, had dirt on virtually every politician and was known as being a dangerous and controlling power-behind-the-throne kind of guy... Later it was found out that like a lot of those really nasty anti-LBTQ types he was actually a self-hating cross-dresser.

Also I'm not American either so don't worry :P
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

• The WoW community is very diverse, and Shadowlands has strived to introduce characters that are diverse as well, such as Pelagos being the Shadowlands version of a trans character.
    Cant we just keep politics out of the game.

finally flying in firt major patch! maybe someday we will get flying after ding! like in MOP.. that would be fkcking great!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Undead souls are not damned to the Maw. Being raised can be seen as "damned," but the Arbiter judges undead souls by their entirety.

Isn't the fact that Sylvanas, an undead and as such damned by default the whole core of her character progress since post wotlk?

Do you remember that Sylvanas' soul was also turned in a way by Frostmourne, she was turned into a Banshee but differently and if Frostmourne runes are from the Jailor, that probably gave him the power to directly put her into the Maw.

Not that hard to think of a story.

"Shadowlands will tell a cohesive story with intertwining covenant narratives."

kek lol

- - - Updated - - -

i want a cinemtaic about sylvanas hanging herself to go to Shadowlands

I can tell you're being sarcastic. You're part of the problem if you think this isn't a real issue with our media these days.
    Does the game really need a trans character? Can't a game just be entertaining without resorting to jumping on these stupid left-wing political point scoring bandwagons? All this ends up doing is appeasing the "progressives" that continue to poison our media and brainwash idiots like yourself.
    Get woke, Go broke!
    the fact that it bothers you is hilarious lol it in all honesty doesn't matter yet you seem like its a massive problem. get your head out of your butt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    Cant we just keep politics out of the game.
    that isnt politics jesus ......

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Yes all these (one trans character in the 16 years old history of WoW)s rubbing their transness in everybody's face is so annoying. Destroyed my game. GG Blizz.
    That said, Blizzard changing the skin color of NPCs in the game presumably to reflect "diversity" is pretty annoying to me. If my innkeeper (twarven tavern, SW) had light skin for 15 years and now is dark skinned, without being a different person, then I get mildly annoyed. Must have pretty strong UV lights in that tavern...
    Blizz could at least have made a new NPC Dark Iron Dwarf or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    the fact that it bothers you is hilarious lol it in all honesty doesn't matter yet you seem like its a massive problem. get your head out of your butt
    The fact that Shadowlands souls even have genders is pretty absurd. I mean, they can't reproduce, they have no biology, they are souls. And they are supposed to forget their mortal life. So why does Blizzard emphazise their gender at all? And why is Pelagos the only character with identity issues? There should be either tons of them or none.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Meh, takes 24 hours to get to 50 now. Your class being UP isn't an issue anymore. Just reroll in a day or two.
    I was referring to the need for continuity in class design over multiple expansions, not viability.
    The leveling revamp is a great addition, but most people already had multiple classes at max level and it still sucks to change your main in an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post
    Literally days away from launch at this point and we already have "worst expansion ever" comments. Honestly if you go into anything wanting to dislike it chances are you most likely will.

Personally the best option (at least for me) is to take each expansion as a clean slate and not base it on past ones. I mean there are multitudes of other games that have good/bad versions of themselves.

I for one can't remember the last time i was this hyped for an expansion, I've not had genuine excitement since the wotlk expansion reveal. At least on a personal level, not saying cata/mop etc were bad
    Genuinely hope it is as good as i feel it will be. We all know we are due a winner.
    I played a fair bit of beta and I think it's far more interesting and fun than BFA if that means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That said, Blizzard changing the skin color of NPCs in the game presumably to reflect "diversity" is pretty annoying to me. If my innkeeper (twarven tavern, SW) had light skin for 15 years and now is dark skinned, without being a different person, then I get mildly annoyed. Must have pretty strong UV lights in that tavern...
    Blizz could at least have made a new NPC Dark Iron Dwarf or something.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that Shadowlands souls even have genders is pretty absurd. I mean, they can't reproduce, they have no biology, they are souls. And they are supposed to forget their mortal life. So why does Blizzard emphazise their gender at all? And why is Pelagos the only character with identity issues? There should be either tons of them or none.
    ....man these arguments show how dumb and so triggered some people can be lol you know what you can do? just not give a f*** and move on with your day as its literally NOT a big deal and doesnt matter at all