Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Never get so many layers deep in the conspiracy you outdo the writers, I don't think they've thought through it on this many levels. I'm not even sure the light and void will play that big of a role this expansion. Though said, I do think that "light save my soul" moment cleaving Uther's soul shows a power we didn't know those forces had, and an interesting opposition between Light and Death. Does the Light have its own Shadowlands realm? It would seem not, if Uther's rescued soul wound up in Bastion. Unless that is the light realm. In which case, what's the Shadow Realm?

Unless...

We do know they love stealing ideas. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Light is just energy. It can't do anything without an actor. And while it's possible that a naaru was hiding behind the Frozen Throne waiting for the right moment, it's more likely that actor was simply a devout paladin with a powerful sword. I am sure we'll learn more about how the nathrezim obtained the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne, but if the Jailor had simply wanted it placed on Azeroth to be destroyed, there are less convoluted ways.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I'd love to see some kind of reaction from bringing the Frost DK weapons to the Shadowlands. After all, they were reforged from the sword itself.
    Remember, the artifact weapons were used to cleanse Sargeras's sword, they are gone lorewise.

I love how everyone in this thread assumes theres an overarching plan and motives behind actions.

Its almost as if you guys think someone whos got a clue is in charge.

But oh well ill play along.
    I find it odd that it is the breaking of the crown (and not the sword) that opened up the veil. It would make alot more sence if the breaking of the sword and the sudden release of tousands maybe even millions or billions (we don't know how old this sword is) of souls overloaded the passage to the shadowlands and broke open the sky.

The helm as far as we know was just the vessel of that tortured and broken orc nerzul wasnt it?

Frostmourne however.. a weapon devouring the souls and thus also this "new" resource, Anima, of everything it kills. That sounds like a recepie for a weapon that will grow and grow and grow in power over time. Eventually holding vast quintities of souls, all trapped in its own realm. The breaking of such a weapon would be like the breaking of a big dam.

But oh well its done, the crown apparently contained enough power to open up the veil... How? No idea. I guess the writes makes something up.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Putting aside the endless ret-cons and the obvious lack of an over-arching story thread for ANY of warcraft's lore (Metzen did a lot ret-cons for the transitions between WC1-WC2-WC3, although they were significantly more cohesive than anything post WoW-vanilla), there are some pretty interesting breadcrumbs to put together.

So lets go off the currently established lore and reference previously valid points along the way.

Given that the Nathrezim have sole responsibility for the corruption of Sargeras and that there are strong indicators that they either originated from or have ties with the Shadowlands, we can assume that the Burning Legion itself was a consequence of the Jailer's manipulations. Furthermore, the fact that both the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne are both Artifacts of The Maw, we can assume that the Scourge was also a consequence of the Jailer's long game.

The story threads involving Bwonsamdi, the Trolls and their Loa Gods, as well as The Kaldorei, The Wild Gods and Elune also seem to indicate some intimate connection (known or otherwise) with the Shadowlands. With the revelation that Bwonsamdi was acting in concert with another power to place Sylvanas in her position of Warchief and that the Night Warrior's power seems to be connected directly with the Shadowlands we can assume that everything that has happened throughout BFA in relation to these plots was a consequence of the Jailer's actions. This opens the idea that perhaps his influence has previously molded the identities and even the societies of some of the oldest races of Azeroth.

With these assumptions made we can conclude that the entirety of Azeroth's history, barring the it's pre-history involving the wars between Old Gods and the Titans, is an indirect result of the Jailer's actions. Looking at the whole picture, its fairly clear that there hasn't been some evil-genius mega-plan in place and that the entire situation is very much a Palpatine/Sidious plot where the Jailer has been sowing the seeds of thought-bubble plans throughout as many time-periods and in as many places as his influence would reach with the hope of some of them taking root.
    The end result has been not one single action/plan resulting in an intended outcome but the combination of several producing unintended consequences that ultimately led to his intention.

The most impressive thing in all of this is that it has been conducted under the noses of every Greater Power in existence. Probably because almost every significant seed that the Jailer sowed resulted in a catastrophic war/event that occupied the attention of those Powers.

The said... talking about Warcraft lore in the universal sense is irrelevant because the next book/expansion/comic that is release will ret-con something that may seem insignificant in isolation but has far reaching consequences because not a single Author or creator has bothered to do any degree of research into existing lore since Metzen first put pen to paper.
    Last edited by A Blue Smurf; 2020-09-01 at 02:26 AM.

So bringing my old thread back, now we know so much more.

still the questions remains unansweared i saw a Thread.

This is the True Question Light Intervention, setback or part of the plan?

But in the end the sad truth is... they just adjust or twist all later in ways it fits the "new" content

I don't think Arthas was part of the plan.
    Recall that the dreadlords, ostensibly acting on behalf of the Jailer, didn't expect Ner'zhul to go rogue and certainly didnt expect him to merge with Mr Menethil.

I don't think much of the Jailor's OG plan went accordingly after the Nathrezim got the Helm to Azeroth.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-11-21 at 09:06 PM.

You will find clues to the Jailer's point of view on the Lich King during your playthrough.

so we will get comments like:

"He was trying to steal the Election?" i am the True King of Death

or

"He served well but now he is not needed"

Than he will also have to have his Point of Views of the "both" lichkings, but i never accept Bolvar as a Lichking.

How can a Lichking be a Lichking without the Helm of Domination.

I WILL NEVER ACCEPT HOW ARTHAS was fucked, --- snip --- (like the light disabled arthas out from nowwhere, now finish him he cant move and is lifted in a swirly wind of magic)

Mod Edit: Let's keep real-world politics out of the thread.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-11-21 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Removed Unnecessary Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    the Light goes against and that includes death. I dunno if N'zoth's "The Light made a deal with the enemy of all.".
    I thought the theory on this was the light forged Nazethrim from the Paladin Order Hall is actually a bad guy and is tricking everyone. It would fit with what N'Zoth said
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Someday people will stop talking this stupid nonsense about the intervention of the Light. Someday. I believe.

I think people look to much in this, i doubt Blizz had any plans for Maw or jailer when they made Arthas/Lich king

@Aphrel hit the bullseye, there is no regard for past stories, any more than there is a plan beyond rule of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I somehow remember we might learn why Elune was..well not helping her children.
    Because Danuser and pals despise the Night Elves and Alliance, unless it's to use Our Treasure to push their political views on war and toxic masculinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/