Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    With all the blaming of China for covid, now leading to thanksgiving being cancelled... has anyone considered it might be a plot by Turkey?
    I am not sure who should feel worse you for making that corny joke or me for laughing because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Reportedly this is what got Sydney booted from team Trump.
    I must once again ask: why though? She isn't really saying anything that's notably crazier than the rest of the tRump gang.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I must once again ask: why though? She isn't really saying anything that's notably crazier than the rest of the tRump gang.
    She said that Georgia Governor Brian Kemp is in on the fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must once again ask: why though?
    If it was this interview (I posted earlier it could be Flynn flypping, that was a long-shot and I don't think it's the case only that it's possible) then I think the issue is, her claims are so outlandish that there's GOP backlash. Maybe even the Michigan people Trump tried to threaten said "Look, she's making you look bad".

I get the confusion, why not fire Giuliani too? He was right there and didn't grab the mic or contradict her. And has said similar things himself. Nothing about this administration makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    She said that Georgia Governor Brian Kemp is in on the fraud.
    Again nothing that unusual coming from these folk.

Again nothing that unusual coming from these folk.
    yes, but conspiracies like that can screw up their georgia senate seats. There are already people in republican forums talking about boycotting the runoffs. the only reason they are letting trump spout this crap is because they are terrified he will blow up those senate seats.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    yes, but conspiracies like that can screw up their georgia senate seats. There are already people in republican forums talking about boycotting the runoffs. the only reason they are letting trump spout this crap is because they are terrified he will blow up those senate seats.
    I'm just perplexed that THIS is where they draw the line and not all the equally insane stuff that's been coming from the tRump administration for the last 4 years.

I'm just perplexed that THIS is where they draw the line and not all the equally insane stuff that's been coming from the tRump administration for the last 4 years.
    I guess it would be the real fear of losing all their power.

Reportedly this is what got Sydney booted from team Trump.
    She just kept adding more and more claims whenever she was pressed for evidence.

It's a classic tactic of someone who cannot back up what they claim. By my rough estimation, she did it over 20 times in that one interview.

This is the bullahit that the Trumpsters believe, and it is why we should never let them live it down.

Their goal is power. They had the House and they lost it and thought it would get better. They had the Presidency and lost it and their going to hope for a return to Presidency in 2024. They’re now at risk of losing the Senate which is the last piece of power they have. The way these guys function, they need at least 1 of those three in order to stall America from doing anything outside a conservative agenda.

It’s quite simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Jesus, Marry and Joseph... the amount of dick sucking you have on your mind, has no limits... Not that there is anything wrong with it, but... we are in mixed company.

I’m a proper gentleman... this language is too coarse for my gentle ears. Youth in my day, had proper manners.
    Would you prefer sycophantic grovelling? Either way difficult to trust a party that spends 8 years demonizing a guy and then celebrates the same guy in order to gain some kind of temporary partisan advantage. Let's just forget about the 100,000 innocent people he and his friends murdered.

The mistake you are making is coming at this from a sane point of view. Crazy people do crazy things. That's about the best I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am not sure who should feel worse you for making that corny joke or me for laughing because of it
    It is like a village idiot convention in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add one more court case.

PA Rep R. Kelly filed...

(checks source)

PA Rep. Kelly (R) filed emergency suit that the expanded mail-in ballot rules were illegal.

"Well I'm sure a Rep like him knows that these expaned rules were never voted on!"

Um...they were.

"Well I'm sure they were passed by the previous Democrat legislature!"

Um...no, it was the current Republican one.

"Then...uh...XXX therefore Trump wins!"

Yeah, that's basically it.

As I just said a few minutes ago about Nevada, I cannot reasonably fathom any circumstance where voters following the rules would have their votes thrown out. If the ballots were cast by Pennsylvania law at the time, throwing them out would require something really significant...and you'd expect someone to have found and tried that before today.

The goal may be to stall until SCOTUS gets their hands on it, but as we've seen also literally today, they don't seem to want to. And for conservative judges to rule against state rights would be especially hypocritical.

We'll see, PA was supposed to certify today.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Their goal is power. They had the House and they lost it and thought it would get better. They had the Presidency and lost it and their going to hope for a return to Presidency in 2024. They’re now at risk of losing the Senate which is the last piece of power they have. The way these guys function, they need at least 1 of those three in order to stall America from doing anything outside a conservative agenda.

It’s quite simple really.
    So that's all true, but it's weird that Trump would give enough of a shit to go along with it. If McConnell tries to save the runoff by threatening to cross Trump by admitting he was defeated, McConnell will just be discarded to the burn the witch pile. Trump doesn't need McConnell, but McConnell needs the cult, at least until 1/5/21. There's an article in politico about Trump vowing to burn down the Republican party or some such. I guess I can see if McConnell said, if we hold the Senate, block everything, push the country into a depression, etc., we can blame it on Democrats and you'll waltz back in to the presidency in 2024, but do you really see Trump having that kind of political discipline, or that kind of long term gratification delay capacity? And Sidney Powell's crazy is pretty much in line with everything he's done and just the type he likes, really. So, I agree, it's perplexing.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Add one more court case.

PA Rep R. Kelly filed...

(checks source)

PA Rep. Kelly (R) filed emergency suit that the expanded mail-in ballot rules were illegal.

"Well I'm sure a Rep like him knows that these expaned rules were never voted on!"

Um...they were.

"Well I'm sure they were passed by the previous Democrat legislature!"

Um...no, it was the current Republican one.

"Then...uh...XXX therefore Trump wins!"

Yeah, that's basically it.

As I just said a few minutes ago about Nevada, I cannot reasonably fathom any circumstance where voters following the rules would have their votes thrown out. If the ballots were cast by Pennsylvania law at the time, throwing them out would require something really significant...and you'd expect someone to have found and tried that before today.

The goal may be to stall until SCOTUS gets their hands on it, but as we've seen also literally today, they don't seem to want to. And for conservative judges to rule against state rights would be especially hypocritical.

We'll see, PA was supposed to certify today.
    We know Trump and the people closest to him would kill another 260k people if it meant he could steal the election. And even though most of the republican party is not a bastion of hope, I think most of them can see the shitstorm they would cause if they overturned our election and destroyed our democracy. I doubt they want that backlash and they wont do it simply because it would cause them a lot of trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Once appointed the SCOTUS is not beholden to the President.

Slight miscalculation on Trump's part.
    Remember when Tom Cotton and Ted Cruz's names added to the short list for RBG's SCOTUS seat? Can you imagine if, say, Bill Barr was elevated to SCOTUS?

<...shudder...>

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

15+ Year Old Account
    And then Lin Wood is out there saying Republicans shouldn’t vote in the Georgia runoffs because the candidates aren’t supporting Trump enough. These people have injected the bleach and are all in on Trump as their emperor.
    Well, it's like I've been saying: the Republican party isn't a monolith. The reason they had such high turnout this year is that a bunch of Trump fanatics voted for the first time. Many of them weren't politically active until these last four years, and didn't even vote in 2016. Might be part of why so many seem to be ignorant when it comes to the election process.

These people aren't really interested in politics, and they're not interested in the establishment. They care about Trump and the various conspiracies he and his supporters spread. They voted Republican because Trump is on the ticket.

I certainly expected them to not care about any race Trump wasn't involved in, but I can't say I expected them to actively boycott.

Though, make no mistake, this is less a schism forming and more a threat. They are trying to pressure the Republicans into supporting Trump's coup because they know the Republicans need them to win elections.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-11-23 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Return to the same thread in about an hour or so, most of those critical posts will have been mod deleted.

Coming back the next day and yea, the thread looks radically different. Did some skimming and only one post that wasn't 100% drinking the koolaid is still up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDuQ...ature=youtu.be

Michigan Board of State Canvassers certification meeting livestream for those interested.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit