Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Take the sims with a pinch of salt especially around the start of a new expansion. I would expect Blizz to do a tuning pass not long after launch probably around the time heroic/mythic opens. New unknown/unexpected combinations of talents, items and playstyles might be found and data needs to be gathered before they turn the tuning knobs. Tuning will happen don't worry about it starting with huge imbalance is not unusual
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-11-23 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't you guys FOTM throughout the entire legion and BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Nope! DH was designed to work the way they do. They were designed and tuned to work with the borrowed power. Hunters/Mages/Pallys/DK did more damage than DHs. Just look at any of the MDI runs.....if DH were ZOMG FOTM META it would have been 1 tank 1 healer and 3 DHs. Look at the top 200 leader board for PvP ......there is only like 2 DHs even on it. Demon Hunter isn't the boogie man that the scrubs make them out to be.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I guess the point is the huge difference of dps rather than being at the bottom but this doesn't look intended anyway

Na just taken for the 5% buff, immunity and mobility in higher end stuff. Lower end where it doesnt matter we seemed strong due to the button mashing being more forgiving. Unlike others on that level who played bad, the DH when played bad still did ok. Least that's my theory could be wrong but it is a forgiving simple spec. For PVP we were decent for much the same reason (good among the bad), until you got high enough skill started to matter and then we were meh... The logs/MDI and stuff kinda back this up i guess. We were defiantly not chart topping higher end anyways although going on community perception you would think we were.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2020-11-23 at 05:28 PM.

quite likely the sims for a lot of specs are still incomplete.

but not to worry if you do end up sucking blizz will just slap you with the % buff so you suck slightly less but still suck.

Lol, linking patchwork sims in 2020. Also there's m+. And PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant say im not happy to see that sorry for all the dh mains out there ( not sorry really )
    Last edited by MORGATH99; 2020-11-23 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Nope! DH was designed to work the way they do. They were designed and tuned to work with the borrowed power. Hunters/Mages/Pallys/DK did more damage than DHs. Just look at any of the MDI runs.....if DH were ZOMG FOTM META it would have been 1 tank 1 healer and 3 DHs. Look at the top 200 leader board for PvP ......there is only like 2 DHs even on it. Demon Hunter isn't the boogie man that the scrubs make them out to be.
    They must all play on rogues.

If it is actually that low they'll buff havoc, it's stupidly popular and because vengeance has historically been a meme spec and there is no third spec killing havoc would kill the class.

As for performance in BFA: Above average numbers in every raid tier except for late scaling ny'alotha (which was a solid 'meh'), Absolutely dominated M+, Above average representation at MDI (not top), I don't know about PvP.
    I would say from a PvE perspective it would be pretty safe to put havoc in a solid 'strong', never number one at anything (except maybe m+ population) but always high tier at everything.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Nmi9k/pubhtml#

the only reason people play dh is not numbers or easyness of the class but feelings like you play diablo 3 or path of exile instead of wow. it's only class in the game that play like this. thats why so many people play it while it have so low damage numbers even in legion/bfa... now instead of make at least several class fun as dh they just nerf every single aspect of dh to the ground to force people leave dh...
    1. they remove heal from meta
    2. they remove dodge frome blade dance
    3. they even make our save 20% instead of 35% while rogue have 5 saves better then our single one...
    4. they tweak numbers so dh do maximum 2/3 damage of 2nd worst class...
    5. they remove burst dps at all so in short boss fights in mythic+ we do less then half damage of proper damage dealers
    Last edited by ztn; 2020-11-23 at 08:27 PM.

I don't see this as officially confirmed. At all.

DH's mad they aren't best at everything anymore...

DK once was golden child of Blizzard as well for a while, then it ended.
    DH was braindead and OP for 2 expansions, now you are big bois and gals and mommy Blizzard doesn't find you that cute anymore, time to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    DK once was golden child of Blizzard as well for a while, then it ended.
    DH was braindead and OP for 2 expansions, now you are big bois and gals and mommy Blizzard doesn't find you that cute anymore, time to grow up.
    hope your class will be next golden child of blizzard for 2 expanshions https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Nmi9k/pubhtml#

This doesn't sound intended but knowing Blizz it might take a while to correct that.

Mind if I ask how is monk doing? DH & Monk were two chars I've been enjoying the most and currently I trying to decide whether I want to get back into this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Nmi9k/pubhtml#

the only reason people play dh is not numbers or easyness of the class but feelings like you play diablo 3 or path of exile instead of wow. it's only class in the game that play like this. thats why so many people play it while it have so low damage numbers even in legion/bfa... now instead of make at least several class fun as dh they just nerf every single aspect of dh to the ground to force people leave dh...
    1. they remove heal from meta
    2. they remove dodge frome blade dance
    3. they even make our save 20% instead of 35% while rogue have 5 saves better then our single one...
    4. they tweak numbers so dh do maximum 2/3 damage of 2nd worst class...
    5. they remove burst dps at all so in short boss fights in mythic+ we do less then half damage of proper damage dealers

So sad but true. Not sure why the constant nerfs to the DH even when it was not performing in the top 5. What killed it for me actually is the dodge removal. That destroyed the fantasy of an agile class. Gameplay > everything. Blizzard is great at destroying classes and content and then trying to fix them after some years when the subscriptions drop.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    specs that have 3 buttons no procs and let you talent out of your filler ability should be at the bottom of the dps charts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    So sad but true. Not sure why the constant nerfs to the DH even when it was not performing in the top 5. What killed it for me actually is the dodge removal. That destroyed the fantasy of an agile class. Gameplay > everything. Blizzard is great at destroying classes and content and then trying to fix them after some years when the subscriptions drop.
    I wish I can feel some remorse for you guys......But I don't. DH was severly OP in BFA. but then again so were most other classes (Warlocks and Assassination Rogues). DH were also Op in Legion. and you guys were a force to be reckoned with PvP. So to get rid of some of your goodies to bring you in line with other classes is definitely warranted. Again playing a class that can get easily get out of line (warlock) we know all about nerfs. Sorry guy.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned