Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why no Tauren mages if vulpera have arcane knowledge?

Title. Why do the nomadic and shamanistic vulpera have access to the mage / warlock classes, but Tauren, an arguably more advanced nomadic and shamanistic race who has been allied with magic users (Elves) for years, do not? That confuses me.

Where would vulpera gain arcane knowledge?
    Last edited by leggomydairy; 2020-11-23 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Better explanation

Because tauren mages would look ridiculously stupid?

Why would Vulpera being mages have anything to do with Tauren?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Nomads don't build libraries, and the tauren had no nearby arcane civilizations to trade books with. Vulpera had permanent homes in their burrows before they were destroyed in BfA, and they lived nearby and traded with tortollian and Zandalari, who study magic.

you can probably shoehorn arcane magic into the tauren sun loving tree hugging culture. warlock would be a pretty hard sell though.

Because Tauren have had no connection (or seemingly interest) towards arcane magic stuff
    And wth does Vulpera having mages, have to do with Taurens not having mages? If we go that route, why can dwarfs be shamans, but not humans?

Pfft...the wsy Blizz is going it's just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you can probably shoehorn arcane magic into the tauren sun loving tree hugging culture. warlock would be a pretty hard sell though.
    Bloodtotem/Feltotem tribes in Highmountain say Hi and would you like tauren demon hunters with your warlocks?

I know they sound like they don’t have anything to do with each other but I was thinking here’s two shamanistic, nomadic cultures. Why does one have arcane knowledge and the other does not? The Tauren are arguably more advanced than the vulpera. So it surprises me they would be given access to two classes that I thought required more...let’s face it, intelligence, than I’d expect from them.

I thought maybe vulpera mages were more of an “elementalist” instead of mage but if even a vulpera can be a mage I feel like Tauren should be able to be mages too. Just make mage another anyone class I guess....idk why Tauren can’t be if they’re much more advanced and allied with races with arcane knowledge.

Vulpera make 0 sense to me as a mage / warlock race. If they can be those two classes then those two classes are a free for all

Orcs can be Warlock, while it made absolutely no sense when it was introduced. All it takes is one new weird lore line or a retcon.

If goblins can be shamans and priests then literally anything can happen.

"Well you see.. goblins haggle with the elements." LOL what a bullshit excuse that was. And priest? I don't even remember the reasoning for that was.

The problem is the gameplay representation of a "class" doesn't match each race. Its way too homogenized for gameplay purposes and blizzard doesn't feel like making different versions for each race.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-23 at 06:04 PM.

Druids use arcane and shamans use fire/frost. There really is no reason they can't be if they can be pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Orcs can be Warlock, while it made absolutely no sense when it was introduced. All it takes is one new weird lore line or a retcon.
    Orcs had warlocks back in the original Warcraft Orcs vs Humans.
    In what world did Orc warlocks not make sense?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Because tauren mages would look ridiculously stupid?
    Tauren priests and highmountain warlock NPCs dont look ridiculously stupid? What about their monks?

A locked class should be significant to the lore, not the appearance.

Because most Tauren don't want to be mages, despite being utterly surrounded by potential teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Druids use arcane and shamans use fire/frost. There really is no reason they can't be if they can be pallies.
    Druids don't use arcane, they use Life magic. Shaman fire is elemental, mage fire is arcane, warlock fire is fel; theyee not the same.

Most class/race combos are about culture, not capacity.

Night elfs can definitely be warlocks - they choose not to. Same for the tauren in this regard.

Meanwhile, vulpera have shown themselves to be utilitarian by nature by means of scavenger survival. Almost any tool they can use, they will. Arcane and fel magic being prime examples.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-11-23 at 06:17 PM.

Not sure if youre just saying "give all furries magic" or what. By lore tauren have always been worshippers of the earth mother hence druids and shaman, and i think paladins formed from being druids who worshipped the sun instead of the moon? They have no need for the arcane when the earth provides for them.

Now if you just want all classes on all races then thats acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    I'm going to assume you played a warcraft game before WoW based on your avatar. Where are you getting it makes no sense for Orcs to be warlocks from?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If goblins can be shamans and priests then literally anything can happen.

"Well you see.. goblins haggle with the elements." LOL what a bullshit excuse that was. And priest? I don't even remember the reasoning for that was.

The problem is the gameplay representation of a "class" doesn't match each race. Its way too homogenized for gameplay purposes and blizzard doesn't feel like making different versions for each race.
    The reason for priest was charging people for healing services, and sort of televangelism. Using the light and void to their own ends. As for shaman, there are a few goblin shaman npcs that justify their existence. Dealing with elementals is a lot easier when you're willing to spend resources.

Now, Nightborne priests.... That one is sickening. There are no Nightborne priests ingame beside the player they were cut off from Elune for thousands of years, a long enough time to change them as a species. They shouldnt exist.