Poll: Will Alleria become corrupted?

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Alleria Windrunner

Is it possible that Alleria is just a Proto-Sylvannas.

Where as being undead twisted Sylvannas into the evil she is today and Alleria will one day given to the voices she can barely stave off and go evil. Seems like the path is inevitable?

Catalyst being a power she controls now but for how long? It's a ticking time bomb...

10+ Year Old Account
    That would mean every Void Elf would have to eventually be evil....doubt that will happen

3+ Year Old Account
    It's inevitable, but I hope Alleria won't go fully evil because of the void. That would be so obvious that even Blizz themselves referenced this possible ending of hers in the Visions of N'Zoth.

Personal wish: She comes very close, but prepares us to kill her/sacrifices herself for something.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Where as being undead twisted Sylvannas into the evil she is today and Alleria will one day given to the voices she can barely stave off and go evil.
    And what do you base that assumption on? Why would she be categorized as "evil" just because she succumbed to the whispers? Blizzard has been showing since Legion that the Warcraft universe is not as black and white as you might think. N'Zoth expressed many times in BfA that he wished to save the world from the Jailer, so maybe the Void Lords (or one of them) also have genuine motivations.

The truth is, every cosmic force has motivations that conflict with mortal interests. The Light showed that, the Arcane showed that (Malygos, Algalon...), the Fel showed that, the Life showed that (Everbloom), Death is showing that literally in the upcoming expansion. Don't presume that the Void Lords are evil just because they are shadowy.

Regardless that won't happen until at least the second half of the decade. Alleria Windrunner is one of the oldest characters IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE (as she first appeared in WC2), as well as one of the most iconic Alliance characters ever (every single player in WoW has seen her statue at least once), and has been built up for many years. She isn't going anywhere, and even if Blizzard is still NOT tired of the sexist "woman goes crazy because whispers going brr" plot, she will receive a lot of spotlight.

The same goes for Turalyon. Perhaps you don't remember that they updated the loading screen tips THRICE to hype up the couple's return. Alleria and Turalyon aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-23 at 06:06 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    It's inevitable, but I hope Alleria won't go fully evil because of the void. That would be so obvious that even Blizz themselves referenced this possible ending of hers in the Visions of N'Zoth.

Personal wish: She comes very close, but prepares us to kill her/sacrifices herself for something.
    Something basically like her sacrifice allows personal control of the void without the downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    That would mean every Void Elf would have to eventually be evil....doubt that will happen
    Not every void elf has taken the amount of void that Alleria has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Alleria was introduced as someone who would eventually fall to the whispers, something she herself acknowledges but needed the power to protect what she wanted to protect, the void elves as a whole are pretty much running on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Something basically like her sacrifice allows personal control of the void without the downside.
    The downside is still pretty much there just subdued, her anchor to sanity is her son, without him she most likely could not hold the whispers at bay.

10+ Year Old Account
    All Windrunners are suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And what do you base that assumption on? Why would she be categorized as "evil" just because she succumbed to the whispers? Blizzard has been showing since Legion that the Warcraft universe is not as black and white as you might think. N'Zoth expressed many times in BfA that he wished to save the world from the Jailer, so maybe the Void Lords (or one of them) also have genuine motivations.

The truth is, every cosmic force has motivations that conflict with mortal interests. The Light showed that, the Arcane showed that (Malygos, Algalon...), the Fel showed that, Death is showing that literally in the upcoming expansion. Don't presume that the Void Lords are evil just because they are shadowy.

Regardless that won't happen until at least the second half of the decade. Alleria Windrunner is one of the oldest characters IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE (as she first appeared in WC2), as well as one of the most iconic Alliance characters ever (every single player in WoW has seen her statue at least once), and has been built up for many years. She isn't going anywhere, and even if Blizzard is still NOT tired of the sexist "woman goes crazy because whispers going brr" plot, she will receive a lot of spotlight.

The same goes for Turalyon. Perhaps you don't remember that they updated the loading screen tips THRICE to hype up the couple's return. Alleria and Turalyon aren't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
    Her resume is all good but she's just a mortal. The void is innately evil and corrupting. There are individuals far more powerful that her innately who succumbed to the powers of the void. It's a ticking time bomb, i just don't see anything special about her to prevent this future. She herself has alluded to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Correction all Windrunners need to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Correction all Windrunners need to die.
    I'm just sayin' - last time one of them died, things did not improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I'm just sayin' - last time one of them died, things did not improve.
    Because some fool had to bring her back, if a windrunner is dead leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Her resume is all good but she's just a mortal. The void is innately evil and corrupting. There are individuals far more powerful that her innately who succumbed to the powers of the void. It's a ticking time bomb, i just don't see anything special about her to prevent this future. She herself has alluded to this.
    It doesn't matter if she is a mortal, because she has defied all odds. She already consumed 2 Void demi-gods, one of which is a Void Naaru (to see how devastating the Naaru are, play the WoD Shadowmoon storyline), and is the first mortal to successfully defy the shadows' whispers (this was stated by Blizzard themselves on their official website). She is unique. Many mortals have tried to control the Void in the past, and they have all failed as they lacked willpower.

I am also challenging your claim that the Void is innately evil and corrupting. That is a complete assumption. None of these powers are innately evil. You claim that the Void is evil, but what if a Shadow Priest used their Void powers to protect a family or rescue a child? Would you still call the Void "evil"?

These cosmic forces are just weapons to be harnessed, nothing more, and they can be either good or evil depending on the user. The Light appears so benevolent and full of hope, but it can also be used for evil purposes. See the Scarlet Crusade.

Regardless, there will NEVER be a scenario where Alleria straight up succumbs to the whispers and becomes "evil", because they already did that in the Vision of Stormwind. If that was their plan, they wouldn't reveal it already (and really, even in that Vision, Alleria does not consider herself evil and ultimately realizes her mistakes).

Regardless, I will reserve my judgement until 10.0 is revealed, as Alleria doesn't appear to be playing a relevant role in Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-23 at 06:16 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

you damn well you just made this thread to bait out the alleria RPer.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It doesn't matter if she is a mortal, because she has defied all odds. She already consumed 2 Void demi-gods, one of which is a Void Naaru (to see how devastating the Naaru are, play the WoD Shadowmoon storyline), and is the first mortal to successfully defy the shadows' whispers (this was stated by Blizzard themselves on their official website). She is unique. Many mortals have tried to control the Void in the past, and they have all failed as they lacked willpower.

I am also challenging your claim that the Void is innately evil and corrupting. That is a complete assumption. None of these powers are innately evil. You claim that the Void is evil, but what if a Shadow Priest used their Void powers to protect a family or rescue a child? Would you still call the Void "evil"?

These cosmic forces are just weapons to be harnessed, nothing more, and they can be either good or evil depending on the user. The Light appears so benevolent and full of hope, but it can also be used for evil purposes. See the Scarlet Crusade.

Regardless, there will NEVER be a scenario where Alleria straight up succumbs to the whispers and becomes "evil", because they already did that in the Vision of Stormwind. If that was their plan, they wouldn't reveal it already (and really, even in that Vision, Alleria does not consider herself evil and ultimately realizes her mistakes).
    Unfortunately there hasn't be a single instance of the Void being a force of good. The void corrupts, that's what it does. The whispers drives it users mad.

There are countless examples of the void corrupting otherwise good individuals into evil or do evil acts.

The void is being used as a weapon by the void elves but its not a weapon. The void is a realm and is dominated by evil entities called the void lords. You know this.

Alleria and all the void elves are playing with fire. And those that delve too deep into it will fall into to its effects.

Playing with void is just simply a ticking timebomb. She's good now but for how long. This isn't exactly a hidden topic, it's shown to us in many forms. From her own words to the visions that show us a possible future. It's going to happen regardless if we like it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    It's not really about the Windrunners per say, it's the void in this instance. That can't be trusted.

Considering how creatively bankrupt they are and how they seem to like using the 'Kerrigan' formula for every badass female character they have, I'm sure it'll eventually come to that.

I mean look at what they're doing with Tyrande even now.

7+ Year Old Account
    It should be a matter of time. But really, who knows. It depends on the writers deciding to actually follow through consequences of any windrunner

Blizzard already made her "the first to resist the whispers" despite all shadow priests existing for years before. Not to mention Natalie Seline, Ner'zhul and 90% of the Shadowmoon clan mastering the void without going nuts
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both arent safe for that matter. They are void and light, its obviously forshadowing something.

My gut feeling says Turalyon isnt safe at all. Who says the forshadowing about the golden boy is about Anduin?

They did some work to make it exciting they were returning, but they failed on making both interesting imo.

I don't think Void is inherently evil, as the Light is not inherently good.
    After all the lore regarding what the Light has done over the years, it puts into question about just how "evil" the Void is.

So no, I don't think that she will turn into a Sylvanas 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm betting that Alleria will just pop at some point due to increasing void levels like an Egg for a Voidlord and we're going to have to deal with an infinite army because of her, Legion-esque.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity