Poll: Should they extend DH's to other races?

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    One of those rare moments I felt my toon was over-powered.
    But then again I would think that paladins are just that; natural demon and undead hunters. If I could rewrite the lore, forsaken would have to develop an ability to protect against them in pvp.
    Yea i mean it makes sense "enemies of the light and all" but till this day it bothers me how Tirion was killed by a generic Eredar. Just felt weird how he died os unceremoniously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They can do whatever they want. If they decree undead druids are a thing then they'll be a thing. They let Tauren be Paladins for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It doesn't matter if he's a reference to a book, a movie, a comic book, or a real life event. He's part of the franchise's lore.
    Well, so are Grunty, Deathy, Murkablo, Murkalot, Murkimus, Grommloc, Murkidan, Knight-captain and Legionnaire Murky, Epicus Maximus, Harrison Jones, John J. Keeshan and the Tauren Chieftains band.

But, we all know they are an inside Blizzard joke. some have become more popular than others, but all started as jokes and easter eggs.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-23 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They can do whatever they want. If they decree undead druids are a thing then they'll be a thing. They let Tauren be Paladins for crying out loud.
    Quite frankly I believe that's precisely what they've been doing; turning the game into one big joke.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well, so are Grunty, Deathy, Murkablo, Murkalot, Murkimus, Grommloc, Murkidan, Knight-captain and Legionnaire Murky, Epicus Maximus, Harrison Jones, John J. Keeshan and the Tauren Chieftains band.

But, we all know they are an inside Blizzard joke. some have become more popular than others, but all started as jokes and easter eggs.
    And? We interact with those characters in the lore, therefore they're part of the lore. It doesn't matter if they're inside jokes, homages, jokes or easter eggs. If they interact with the lore, then they are part of the lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    How? Show me their abilities and gear that make them "effective" against demons. Because, as far as I know, fel magic is not efficient against demons. Holy magic is, though.
    their methods and technique, they would not be labeled as that if they weren't

i think illidan is pretty inteligent enough to realize "dang! this isn't work better than other things and im just wasting people!"
    "Turn Evil" works against demons. Also, back when the spell existed, "Exorcism" used to have guaranteed crits against undead and demons.
    also game mechanics, but the paladin itself is not better suited, you are focusing only in the kind of magic.

Which I find hard for them to train more demon hunters at the moment since the demon threat has been basically nullified with the dismantling of the Burning Legion. And again, it was never about them training more, it's about why others would want to go through the sacrifices and maiming necessary, as well as risking their lives training for something that... doesn't have much use right now.
    only the legion threat has been nulified, and is just time for another demon lord appear, Sargeras is alive, there is other kind of "demons" threatening azeroth, void lords are an eminent danger that DH could help and so on, hell, even if there is a light invasion invasion, or a arcane threat, DH will be of great help since Fel counter arcane and is great effective against light beings like xera.

Better safe than sorry, way better start training now and be prepared for what certainly will come.

If you think the DH would care about sacrificing other races lives, when they sacrificed their own people a lot you are being delusional, they are fanatic and would do anything to keep the ilidan work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I lament that Paladins used to be the premier demon hunters...
    For Azeroth. It's mages.

Also yes of course, they can do what they've done for the allied Race DKs. "With Sargeras freed once more the ranks of the Illadari train new Demon Hunters to combat the growing threat of the New Legion". To be clear I don't want this to happen.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-11-23 at 07:38 PM.

And? We interact with those characters in the lore, therefore they're part of the lore. It doesn't matter if they're inside jokes, homages, jokes or easter eggs. If they interact with the lore, then they are part of the lore.
    If they were to add a Tonald Drump and a Boe Jiden NPCs on either faction, for joke purposes, would you take it as serious representation of lore figures that represent each of their factions?
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-23 at 08:47 PM.

of course, we never met who leads "chaos", Sarg is a titan of order originally - the 6 prime cosmic powers seem to all have cosmic level leaders and I expect a "god" like being in the "first ones'. In other words where are the void lords/titans/ect of chaos?

them showing up is perfect excuse for a new generation of demon hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He's also from back when they were still writing with almost no regard to any kind of continuity, though.
    To be honest, that's exactly what Lilian Voss was too. She was just a poor homage to Liliana Vess of Magic the Gathering. Now she's supposedly the leader of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    only the legion threat has been nulified, and is just time for another demon lord appear, Sargeras is alive, there is other kind of "demons" threatening azeroth, void lords are an eminent danger that DH could help and so on, hell, even if there is a light invasion invasion, or a arcane threat, DH will be of great help since Fel counter arcane and is great effective against light beings like xera.
    The demons lost their seat of power, AND their portal network, AND their free ticket for faster respawns. On top of that, the Titans are free while Sargeras is imprisoned. The demons are over as a universal threat, and as a local threat, they're likely rather too inconsequential to warrant the training of more demon hunters.

As for fel being effective against light magic... not really.

Better safe than sorry, way better start training now and be prepared for what certainly will come.
    Training a demon hunter is not the same thing as giving a man a sword and a shield.

If you think the DH would care about sacrificing other races lives, when they sacrificed their own people a lot you are being delusional, they are fanatic and would do anything to keep the ilidan work.
    And Illidan's work is done. The Burning Legion is over.

- - - Updated - - -

If they were to add a Tonald Drump and a Boe Jiden NPCs on either faction, for joke purposes, would you take it as serious representation of lore figures that represent each of their factions?
    If Blizzard did that, and those characters were interactable, or 'worse', gave actual quests, like it's the case for Murky and Ahab Wheathoof, then they would be characters within the Warcraft lore.

If Blizzard did that, and those characters were interactable, or 'worse', gave actual quests, like it's the case for Murky and Ahab Wheathoof, then they would be characters within the Warcraft lore.
    Then, you do not get the point of a joke/tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    them showing up is perfect excuse for a new generation of demon hunters.
    Or an "Argent Crusade."

Then, you do not get the point of a joke/tribute.
    And you don't know what "lore" is. It doesn't matter if it's a joke or tribute. If it is in the game, and interactable, then it's part of the lore. Murky is part of the lore. Harrison Jones is part of the lore. You cannot deny that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The demons lost their seat of power, AND their portal network, AND their free ticket for faster respawns.
    This don't mean they can't be a threat, Blizzard is even toying with different dimensions with their own pantheon, Fel lords and a fel pantheon are high possibilities.

Even without that, there is countless of wolrds dominated by the Legion, without a leader the seat of power is free to another demon lord reign, they can still respawn, slowly, but they can. Again, there is tons of other routes they can do.
    On top of that, the Titans are free while Sargeras is imprisoned.
    As far i know, the titans and illidan are imprisoned with sargeras. At least is what i understand with their thing

The demons are over as a universal threat, and as a local threat, they're likely rather too inconsequential to warrant the training of more demon hunters.
    You cannot say that with certainly with how many possiblilities they can use
    As for fel being effective against light magic... not really.
    i didn't say light magic, i said light beings, Illidan exploded x'era with eyebeam, a prime naaru, quite easily despite his exaustion, fel magic is corruptive and could potentially corrupt or at least disrupt beings of light

Training a demon hunter is not the same thing as giving a man a sword and a shield.
    Yes, and? they still have to start somewhere, like they did before they could do again.

And Illidan's work is done. The Burning Legion is over.
    We already know his work is "protect azeroth" and this is far away from done, since major threats still pop up constantly.

Hell, shadowlands would be a great way to add more races to DH, like they did with DKs, Illidari were training DH in the background, but now with the veil broken they send the new DHs to help;

And you don't know what "lore" is. It doesn't matter if it's a joke or tribute. If it is in the game, and interactable, then it's part of the lore. Murky is part of the lore. Harrison Jones is part of the lore. You cannot deny that.
    They do not represent their class/race, as a whole. If they were to add an Orc, wearing a pink dress and casting rainbows, would it mean that Orcs, in lore, are like that?

They do not represent their class/race, as a whole. If they were to add an Orc, wearing a pink dress and casting rainbows, would it mean that Orcs, in lore, are like that?
    And now you're moving goalposts as I never even mentioned those NPCs representing their race "as a whole". I'm talking about how the light is effective against demons, and we have instances of that going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This don't mean they can't be a threat, Blizzard is even toying with different dimensions with their own pantheon, Fel lords and a fel pantheon are high possibilities.

Even without that, there is countless of wolrds dominated by the Legion, without a leader the seat of power is free to another demon lord reign, they can still respawn, slowly, but they can. Again, there is tons of other routes they can do.
    I'm sorry, but the remains of the Burning Legion is not going to become an universal threat overnight. Again: not only they have lost everything, but the Titans are also freed. And really? You're bringing in "other dimensions"? Weren't you the one who laughed at me when I proposed 'other dimensions' as a possible source of high elves, back in the High Elf Megathread?

As far i know, the titans and illidan are imprisoned with sargeras. At least is what i understand with their thing
    I do not think ALL Titans are needed to keep Sargeras locked. And even if they are, I imagine it's because they're weakened, but I imagine they'll eventually restore their own strength.

You cannot say that with certainly with how many possiblilities they can use
    I'm telling the facts as how they have been presented so far. The Burning Legion is over, dismantled, and far from a universal threat. And, in Azeroth, their presence is rather too inconsequential to warrant making new demon hunters.

i didn't say light magic, i said light beings, Illidan exploded x'era with eyebeam, a prime naaru, quite easily despite his exaustion, fel magic is corruptive and could potentially corrupt or at least disrupt beings of light
    Remember that X'era was also weakened, considering its body was laid in pieces and has literally just been restored before she decided to go all tyrannical on Illidan's ass.

Yes, and? they still have to start somewhere, like they did before they could do again.
    But there is no reason to, at the moment, like I pointed out.

Hell, shadowlands would be a great way to add more races to DH, like they did with DKs,
    No, it wouldn't. Because demon hunters have nothing to do with the realm of death.

No, it wouldn't. Because demon hunters have nothing to do with the realm of death.
    A fine distinction.
    One that encourages my own imagination.
    *salutes*

Kudos.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but the remains of the Burning Legion is not going to become an universal threat overnight.
    but it can be with time, again, you cannot possibly say with certain that. And Again, it don't need to be specific, Burning Legion, it can any other demonic threat in the form of fel lords and the fel dimension pantheon.

And really? You're bringing in "other dimensions"? Weren't you the one who laughed at me when I proposed 'other dimensions' as a possible source of high elves, back in the High Elf Megathread?
    "other dimensions" is something canon in the form of "void dimension" "light dimension" and so on, call it realm dimensions, whatever.

I do not think ALL Titans are needed to keep Sargeras locked. And even if they are, I imagine it's because they're weakened, but I imagine they'll eventually restore their own strength.
    but currently all of then are.

I'm telling the facts as how they have been presented so far.
    That are meaningless in this conversation, since its about if they can realistically, allow other races to be Demon hunters, and the answer is yes, they can, with all the possible routes they can take

Trying to shut down something using "fAcTs PrEsEnTeD sO fAr" isn't relevant because they can easily work around to make DH from other races

Remember that X'era was also weakened, considering its body was laid in pieces and has literally just been restored before she decided to go all tyrannical on Illidan's ass.
    Seems she was pretty ok, to a point she would force an lighforge thing in Illidan.
    But there is no reason to, at the moment, like I pointed out.
    you absolutely ignored all the reasons that are vallid at the moment.

Yet, demon hunters are still there, helping the effort to save Azeroth, can you go there and say to then they have nothing to do with the realm aof death and sit and watch Azeroth being in jeopardy and do nothing cause their work is already done?

Might as well just delete all playable DH because they have nothing to do in the game anymore

oh wait, they already work around with that, making their goal to protect azeroth, meaning it make totally sense to create new ones in this task.

There's 0 reason they couldn't EASILY write in lore for Orc and Human to be DH imo, and if they did I would main mine...