Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone else experiencing a huge login time? Figured it wouldn't start until the expansion proper, but as of 5:30 PM Eastern I can't even log in.
    omg, a new expansion just released, and there ALREADY server issues. omg. I can't log in. Omg, How dare they, how can blizzard be this bad? OMg OMg

Shut up and stop crying.

This fucking happens EVERY fucking expansion. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

This fucking happens EVERY fucking expansion. Jesus Christ.
    Not legion.

Nine game launches and who knows how many huge content patches...how do they not know how to handle a huge influx of players by now?
    Might be server dependent. Been on since 2:50PM PST and haven't had a single issue with lag or getting disconnected. Even swapped toons back and forth several times and in Bastion now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Not legion.
    100% happened on Legion too friend.

I play on Thrall and Mal-Ganis. It was 100% an issue on day one. My guild discord was like, I wonder if it will be better or worse than Legion / Bfa / etc. So far, I think its going better than it normally does.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    100% happened on Legion too friend.

I play on Thrall and Mal-Ganis. It was 100% an issue on day one. My guild discord was like, I wonder if it will be better or worse than Legion / Bfa / etc. So far, I think its going better than it normally does.
    Not saying it didn't for everyone, but for the most part Legion was pretty smooth. Even if you go and Google it, you'll get a good number "smooth launch" threads. I'm on Stormrage-US, and I remember not having a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Might be server dependent. Been on since 2:50PM PST and haven't had a single issue with lag or getting disconnected. Even swapped toons back and forth several times and in Bastion now.
    Lucky you.....ive been staring at this for 3 hours now.

https://imgur.com/a/kaUnX8F
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

I think what's getting me is that it seems totally hit-or-miss. For the first hour, I could usually at least get to the character list (though I'd still get the "character not found" when I tried to login), but after that it was just nothing but an empty character list no matter which server I looked at.
    Meanwhile, the rest of the guild on my server has been playing without any issues at all. Seems like it's got more to do with the "sharding technology" that splits the servers up, rather than just regular-old overloaded servers in the first place.

Man this has legitimately dampened my excitement for launch. I really wish I had just waited until tomorrow :/

After waiting 10 minutes for the character screen, all I get is "Character not found". Disgraceful! IMO, the new CEO's tenure is limited with the obvious mismanagement of SL development.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had issues, but I'm on a low population realm and was logged into WoW all day anyways. I got the quest right on time, started the Maw and have had no isses besides one d/c (related to my provider not WoW) and got straight back on when my connection came back up. Done for the night now but it felt smooth for me
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    After a dozen attempts, still nothing. I know I should just go do something else and wait, but at this point it's about pride. I'm brute forcing this. I WILL PLAY, no matter how many times I gotta hit that button. Area-52's busted servers won't stop me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had any issues yet, just a few quests into Bastion now. Might have to do with the fact i play on a low pop server. Oh well, took off tomorrow just in case there were problems anyways.

So, can get on my alliance alts on a merged "high" server pop, that I don't care to play tonight, but get stuck on the loading screen and to character not found on my toons on Illidan. Like I wouldn't even mind a queue if that's gonna be the case, but this is a mess. Guess I'll go back to playing AC:V til they fix this.

Sucks, had no problems in Legion on Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    i seem to remember the same thing happened with 9.0 drop.

empty realm lists, black character select screen, finally getting a character list only to get "Character not Found" after sitting on a stuck loading bar for like 5 minutes.

I bet the chinese are hacking and DDoSing us again, like last time
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Put my two year old to bed and finally logged in, only to find that none of the servers I play on are available. Good job, Blizz. I was half tempted to get the refund when they pushed the launch date back, but I held off.... shit happens, and I figured I'd rather them spend the time getting things right. But to be unable to log in and play on launch night, when this is supposedly the xpac with the most pre-sales ever, and they knew the server loads would be heavy? There's no f'ing excuse for that. I'm pretty damn reasonable, but if you've got THAT many pre-sales you've GOT to have a pretty good idea that server traffic is going to be high. It's sad that this seems to be par for the course with xpac launches for WoW nowadays... I'm not f'ing happy right now.
    Last edited by zknm7; 2020-11-24 at 02:06 AM.

Smoothest launch ever in EU

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    Lucky you.....ive been staring at this for 3 hours now.

https://imgur.com/a/kaUnX8F
    Ouch =/ Yeah it has to be realm dependent. Still no issues. Roommate just got home, booted up their PC and is in-game playing. Friend of mine on the other side of the US logged off for a bit and side on fine.

I expected that to happen... oh well, there's always tomorrow.

After a dozen attempts, still nothing. I know I should just go do something else and wait, but at this point it's about pride. I'm brute forcing this. I WILL PLAY, no matter how many times I gotta hit that button. Area-52's busted servers won't stop me.
    I'm Area 52, too. Server finally showed up, but I'm getting the black screen with no characters. Still pissed, and still no excuse for it. Not happy. I don't even care like I used to on launch days, but it's still irritating that I can't even log in for a few minutes to play before I lay down with my son for the night. Ffs.

I logged in right at 6:00 pm EST and was able to play until like 45 minutes ago I stopped for a break. So 2 and a half hours of time in-game with no disconnects. I guess I was lucky 'cause maybe my server is on the low end. I am in the US Steamwheedle Cartel/Sentinels/Kirin Tor server cluster (these 3 are connected servers now). I also just got to Oribos and was about to go to Bastion.