Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Wasn't it speculated that the Machine of Death broke before the Nightmare raid?
    We kill Ursoc in the Emerald Nightmare, and the Ardenweald video showed his soul entering Arden. In fact I believe in a very recent interview, one of the lore devs stated that the Emerald Nightmare took place before the Arbiter was incapacitated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    We kill Ursoc in the Emerald Nightmare, and the Ardenweald video showed his soul entering Arden. In fact I believe in a very recent interview, one of the lore devs stated that the Emerald Nightmare took place before the Arbiter was incapacitated.
    So the machine had to have broken somewhere during BFA and not Legion. I dunno why most people are thinking that it's Argus (even though Mythic Argus glowed red like the red soul). There was one speculation, which sounds ridiculous, was Genn smashing the lantern to stop Slyvannas in Stormheim.

There are night elves from the burning of Teldrasil in the maw, means that the machine broke prior to BFA and after Ysera's death since she doesn't go to the maw, but ends up in Ardenweald.

So after Ursocs defeat and before the burning of Teldrasil is our mortal timeline. I think the timeline puts a wrench in some of the theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    So the machine had to have broken somewhere during BFA and not Legion. I dunno why most people are thinking that it's Argus (even though Mythic Argus glowed red like the red soul). There was one speculation, which sounds ridiculous, was Genn smashing the lantern to stop Slyvannas in Stormheim.
    Not necessarily, it just means the wheel of death broke sometime after the first patch of Legion.

I think us killing Helya did it. She was tied to death as the first valkyr, she made a pact with Sylvanas we aren't privy of the details for. I think we were urged along a path to kill Helya so she can bork the arbiter on her way in. She was also shoehorned into the intro, so there's that as well.

It was obviously an ion blast from a star destroyer which had an emp effect on the Arbiter (which shows it was an android)

Clearly a mage was fucking around with portals and was tossing fireballs through them for shits and giggles.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    /yawn... wake me when one of these actually tells us something. The idea that after 'uncounted eons' ANY single thing would break this is idiotic. After all that time, everything would have happened. But this is special! yeah, right.
    well if the theory that the soul was argus,than that would be pretty reasonable,i dont think any titan ever died before him,the pantheon's souls(essences?) were traped by sargeras

so a very powerful soul that had the almost infnite bad experiences that argus had could have probably shortcircuited the arbiter,that thing is clearly some kind of machine just like the keepers were made by titans,the arbiter was proly made by the first ones

Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    If we're to go purely by the colour of whatever that was, it could be Denathrius at play - or Argus the Unmaker. Remember, Blizzard have stated that Mythic encounters are the ones representative of the lore fights, and Argus was a glaring shade of red by the time we struck him down. What if his soul - a World Soul corrupted by demonic power - was too much for the Arbiter to handle?
    Yes but no. Argus was red in the Mythic Phase yes, but in the cinematic, you can see its soul or stellar-shape-whatever-it-is, and it's back to blue.

What if... It was simply Sargeras' ? Devs said it happened recently, but they never said it was something we knew about, right ? What if something happened after the portal of the Seat closed, something between Illidan "breaking Sargeras free" because he just wanted to kill him and not keep him imprisoned. Something could have gone bad in the Seat, killing either Illidan and his blindfolded (heh) hatred, or Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    ??? literally 1 minute clip of lore within the first hour of questing.
    I just hate the entire premise of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    I just hate the entire premise of this expansion.
    Yeah you don’t mess with the after life

Knowing it broke after Ursoc, but before Teldrassil, you can't rule out Xavius if you're sticking to the red theme.
    Also, I'm still thinking the Arbiter isn't alive, but is instead a construct. That originally the Jailer controlled a single afterlife that either sucked or made him too powerful to the first ones. And to stop him he was captured, heart ripped out (big chest hole), the Arbiter was constructed from his heart (black orb in her chest), and the afterlife was split up to deny him anima to suppress him or anyone else from getting that powerful again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol please no. He's so low on the scale. He only corrupted the Emerald Dream with help from others.
    And Arthus was only the Lich King because of the Scourge. What's your point?

I thought Argus or something to do with Sarge's sword, but blizz said titans return to their own plane upon death. Would that include Helya? Maybe Sargera's sword had a really powerful mortal soul in it

Maybe the sword stabbing Azeroth actually killed the world soul?

I mean, we all gathered a lot of Azerite, with Magni's blessing! The world is still bleeding!

3+ Year Old Account
    It was a blast of anima

Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    It looks like one soul in particular broke death. Any ideas of which soul that was?
    It was Argus that broke it, the only thing that lines up.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    this was a waste of time. it told us nothing important.
    If you don't like using your imagination and want all your information blatantly handed to you, may I suggest the 2020 Election coverage instead?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    And Arthus was only the Lich King because of the Scourge. What's your point?
    My point is Xavius isn't that big or important of a character. He's dead, killed off in a pre-tier raid.
    Certainly was more impactful in the books though, but still, Azshara was way bigger than him, and I can think of a host of other individuals that are far bigger.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My point is Xavius isn't that big or important of a character. He's dead, killed off in a pre-tier raid.
    Certainly was more impactful in the books though, but still, Azshara was way bigger than him, and I can think of a host of other individuals that are far bigger.
    Xavius was only the 2nd in command to Queen Azshara when she was milking the Well of Eternity....no big deal...

PS: He was "killed" three times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Xavius was only the 2nd in command to Queen Azshara when she was milking the Well of Eternity....no big deal...

PS: He was "killed" three times before.
    Xavius is also a demon now so he just be sent to the twisting nether untill argus kicked the bucket.

So its eather argus big red soul, or its azeroth dying from being stabbed and magni was talking out his ass.