Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because the other apartment was not involved in the shooting while the first was. Skin color does not matter here.
    There are three apartments. A, B, and C.

Apartment B was raided by police. In the course of the ensuing gunfire, careless shots were fired thru the walls into both apartments A and C.

Apartment A has a white family living in it. Charges were filed.

Apartment C has a black family living in it. No charges were filed.

Explain this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post

Apartment B was raided by police. In the course of the ensuing gunfire, careless shots were fired thru the walls into both apartments A and C.

Explain this.
    Did they give any reason for not charging for the C appartment ? If no, it is really conterning and is there no one in the procedure that can say anything about it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they give any reason for not charging for the C appartment ? If no, it is really conterning and is there no one in the procedure that can say anything about it ?
    There are literally protests going for months about it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There are literally protests going for months about it...
    Protests has nothing to with the procedure itself in the sense as they have no legal power over it.

Explain this.
    As I understand it, Apartment A was a different direction from the shot fired, while Apartment C was above B and that officer was at least pointing the right direction.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Attorney General did not allow the grand jury to indict for that, even if they wanted to. No reason was given. The AG repeatedly tried to silence the grand jury, and grand jurors had to sue the state and get a court order to be able to speak out about the process.

The AG presented the endangerment charges for the shots fired into Apartment A, and told grand jurors "this is the only charge on the table in this incident. You may not indict on any other charges relating to actions taken by police."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. They gave no reason or explanation. They could have explained it, but the Grand Jury proceedings can only vote on charges the prosecutors suggest; the prosecutors did not give that Grand Jury the option to press charges for "Apartment C", nor any kind of homicide charges for Taylor's death. The Grand Jury literally was not given the option to weigh in on whether such charges were justifiable, and if they're not offered such charges, they aren't allowed to ask for them to be added.

It's entirely in the hands of the prosecutors, and they've made no explanation.

Of course, there are very obvious explanations, and absent some convoluted explanation, we have to go with the simplest answers; the prosecutors are racist and support police brutality against black Americans.

It is not : "we have to go for" but "I want to go for". Nuance.

Obviously, it would have been better if they would have explained their choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Protests has nothing to with the procedure itself in the sense as they have no legal power over it.
    No, but it should create pressure, where previously it was being swept under the rug. But, even months of protests have not changed the results you can tell are obviously inconsistent.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, but it should create pressure, where previously it was being swept under the rug. But, even months of protests have not changed the results you can tell are obviously inconsistent.
    My question was more about who has the power to make those kind of choices inside the procedures and who can change them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That is some pants-on-head stupid stuff right there.

"No one can ever be accidentally shot because you have to intend to pull a trigger, therefore any discharge of a weapon means there was intent to kill!"

That's definitely not how murder works, but whatever scores you points on social media this week.
    I'll repeat;

If I pull out and load a gun, point it at you, and pull the trigger, are you arguing that I should be shocked and surprised that the gun fires and shoots you? Should I not have understood that it could easily kill you?

"Intent" just means the action taken was done so deliberately, rather than accidentally. Dropping a gun and having it fire on impact, that shooting wouldn't be intentional. But pointing the gun and pulling the trigger? That's intent. Literally what the term means.

I didn't say this automatically made it "murder"; that's you shifting goalposts. I was speaking to the definition of intent. If a woman's husband is attacking her with a knife, and she grabs a gun and shoots him, that's self defense. It's also intentional homicide. She clearly intended to shoot her husband. And he died by that action, making it homicide. This is what words mean.

You can certainly accidentally shoot someone. If you're firing downrange and don't know there's someone down there. If you handle the gun improperly and it discharges due to you being a buffoon. Are you suggesting this officer's weapon was accidentally discharged? Because the testimony of basically everyone is that he was fully in control of his weapon and making the choice to shoot at a human target.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I don't really get how screaming racist racist is allowed here but I'm not going to respond to mindless slander.
    ? All I did was ask what form of protest would convince you.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Did they know they hit someone ? The boyfriend just shot back and did not call for help afterwards or did he do it ? If he did, and they did not call an ambulance, they are at fault. Did they ask him to surrender in the 20+ min following the shooting ? If no, they are at fault. But it is still not murder. A piss poor done job for sure, but not murder.
    Yes, they knew they hit someone, because they said this over her dead body. And the boyfriend called 911 and an ambulance. The cops didn't call for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did they know they hit someone ? The boyfriend just shot back and did not call for help afterwards or did he do it ? If he did, and they did not call an ambulance, they are at fault. Did they ask him to surrender in the 20+ min following the shooting ? If no, they are at fault. But it is still not murder. A piss poor done job for sure, but not murder.
    The boyfriend called 911, and we have the tape.

Are you arguing that when someone shoots at someone, they don’t intent to kill them? That’s delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The boyfriend called 911, and we have the tape.

Are you arguing that when someone shoots at someone, they don’t intent to kill them? That’s delusional.
    Well, they did not see Breonna Taylor or did they ? If they did not, can we say they intended to kill her, as per your reasoning ?

Well, they did not see Breonna Taylor or did they ? If they did not, can we say they intended to kill her, as per your reasoning ?
    They raided her apartment. So far as they knew when they busted in the door, she was the only one home.

They raided her apartment. So far as they knew when they busted in the door, she was the only one home.

Raided her apartment using false information they lied about having. Which seems to be mentioned less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Raided her apartment using false information they lied about having. Which seems to be mentioned less and less.
    Because those raiding the apartment were most probably not the one getting the warrant using those false information and for them, it was totally legit.

- - - Updated - - -

So for them, she was the one shooting at them.

Because those raiding the apartment were most probably not the one getting the warrant using those false information and for them, it was totally legit.

- - - Updated - - -

So for them, she was the one shooting at them.
    Maybe know the case before talking.

Spezialka, you go to great length defending a murderer. Have you ever actually thought about the case and put yourself in Breonnas point of view?