Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I already don't like Covenants.

Now that we're in, and I've played, I already am frustrated by Covenants. I really dislike the overall best one for DK (Kyrian) but a significant amount of power is locked behind them, so now I'm stuck with the most boring main group in wow I've ever had the misfortune of having to work with. I really hope they bring the other covenants in line with one another better, or allow us to choose the abilities we want while not having to be stuck with a group we abhor.

Significant amount of power? So, what do your sims say about that?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    Now that we're in, and I've played, I already am frustrated by Covenants. I really dislike the overall best one for DK (Kyrian) but a significant amount of power is locked behind them, so now I'm stuck with the most boring main group in wow I've ever had the misfortune of having to work with. I really hope they bring the other covenants in line with one another better, or allow us to choose the abilities we want while not having to be stuck with a group we abhor.
    Your choice was either 1) to min/max your dps or 2) go with a covenant you like

You choose to min/max. Sorry, sucks to be you, but maybe you shouldn't let a 0.01% dps gain settle decisions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Your choice was either 1) to min/max your dps or 2) go with a covenant you like

You choose to min/max. Sorry, sucks to be you, but maybe you shouldn't let a 0.01% dps gain settle decisions for you.
    how dishonest can you be....yeah 0.01% is a joke exageration,but its actualy more like 50% if you chose what you like vs whats best,and we know players go to extremes for even actual 1% increases

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how dishonest can you be....yeah 0.01% is a joke exageration,but its actualy more like 50% if you chose what you like vs whats best,and we know players go to extremes for even actual 1% increases
    Yeah, and it's also a perception matter. You can very well pick whatever you like and pass on the 1% damage boost and be fine. Until you want to do some "approximately serious content", and people will require a Kyrian DK or Revendreth Holy Priest because it's, indeed, 1% boost, so you'll be thrown out of the window of every single group you'll apply to. But yeah, you'll have the transmog you wanted, that will be great in Orgrimmar when everyone will be M+ing or Mything Raiding.

0.01% is a joke exaggeration but your 50% isn't? Frost and Unholy's covenant choices are a 5% difference between best and worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    0.01% is a joke exaggeration but your 50% isn't? Frost and Unholy's covenant choices are a 5% difference between best and worst.
    between worst and best covenats/conduits/soulbinds,if you pick something you enjoy vs the best it is around 50%

between worst and best covenats/conduits/soulbinds,if you pick something you enjoy vs the best it is around 50%
    50% is a joke exaggeration.

Going with that logic difference between using skills and not using them at all can be even 100%!

And no, its not 50% thats ridiculous. Skill cap is going to hit you faster than covenant cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yeah, and it's also a perception matter. You can very well pick whatever you like and pass on the 1% damage boost and be fine. Until you want to do some "approximately serious content", and people will require a Kyrian DK or Revendreth Holy Priest because it's, indeed, 1% boost, so you'll be thrown out of the window of every single group you'll apply to. But yeah, you'll have the transmog you wanted, that will be great in Orgrimmar when everyone will be M+ing or Mything Raiding.
    Can you show me a covenant that is 1% difference?? Because just in terms of dps my monk has a difference of 10% minimum between them

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Can you show me a covenant that is 1% difference?? Because just in terms of dps my monk has a difference of 10% minimum between them
    I have no idea about the covenants' power. I was just saying that even if it's a minor difference (like 1%), it can still keep you out of a lot of content, as it has done for all the previous expansions. So obviously anything beyond the 10% mark is catastrophic if you ever wants to do Mythic+, even only Mythic+5.

Sorry if that was unclear

that's the case in almost all games... if you pick the worst of the worst with worst combinations you will have big differences compared to picking best of the best with best combinations. That's sort of how builds work. Hell, 50% is quite a low number tbh. D2 how hundreds of % difference between bad builds and good builds if not even more.
    Darkest Dungeon have more than hundreds of % difference if I pick worst of the worst compared to good synergies.

It's disingenuous comparison. If you can just pick choices in games with no thought and be at 0% difference in power most likely those choices aren't relevant to performance. There is no build to speak of. If someone who picks defensive stuff in whatever games perform the same as someone have only offensive choices then something is wrong with the game design. They should be good in different situations. Hell, if only picking defensive means you can't kill some things that's fine and you should adjust your build, same with if you go full on offensive it's fine if you can't survive a fight and you have to adjust.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-11-24 at 07:17 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I am luckier.

No actual covenant fits a Pandaren Resto Shaman so I can happily chose the one that sims best (probably Necrotards or Sons of Dracula).

10+ Year Old Account
    Min/max players never really get to play their game of choice. Min/maxing is a railroad that punishes any sort of deviation from the true path. If that's your choice that's fine. It's not really for me.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the chances of you showing us what you are talking about?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Maybe it's time that people who don't really like to min/max, stop min/maxing, stop forcing it on others and refuse to accept it from others. That way, there will be plenty of groups for M+ content that do not ask ridiculous things like 'the perfect' covenant. That slight theoretical increase in DPS isn't going to make a difference in that content anyway. Everyone but the top tier, world first competing players will have more benefit from perfecting their rotation and awareness than from picking any covenant.

There is a reason why BM hunter is the most played spec in the game. People like to be effective with minimum effort.

What happens if the covenant I enjoy happens to be the one that is the best around? Does that magically make my dps 50% better then?

Which spec of DK? Overall best for UH is Venthyr.

SL havent been out for 24 hours yet and you already dont like the covenants? well, guess you are in for a miserable expansion. Might aswell unsub.