Thread: Oribos is awful

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Oribos is awful

I don't wanna spend one second more than I have to in that dreary city... What were they thinking?

I like it, it's simple and clean. Your main hanging out place is going to be your covenant's base anyway.

then dont stay there any more than needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazjin View Post
    I don't wanna spend one second more than I have to in that dreary city... What were they thinking?
    I mean... What did you expect, it's the place where souls go to get sorted.

Heaven is bastion.
    Maw is hell.
    And everything else is just in the middle.

Oribos isn't meant to be done great party house
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Oribos is awesome, you have it for your practical needs and your covenant sanctum for other stuff.

And here is Capital zone 2.0 hate thread

It would be better if it didnt arbitrarily not let you mount in some parts while its okay in others.

Just make the whole place mountable or give it a speed buff thing like Shrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It would be better if it didnt arbitrarily not let you mount in some parts while its okay in others.

Just make the whole place mountable or give it a speed buff thing like Shrine.
    This. Why can't there simply be a speed buff like in the Pandaria-Shrine. Maybe an Ancestor of him spinning around...

10+ Year Old Account
    After Dazar'alor, anything is good.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

Way better than boralus for sure
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

It's not that bad, but I do detest that it's not mountable inside, considering that with sharding, you're gonna see about 3.5 people there.

It's definitely a downgrade from Boralus, which was one of the best cities they've ever designed.

Probably still better than Dazar'alor though.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    You can say that again.

Dalaran will always be my favorite city, but Oribos is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ever since Shattrath (aka Shit rath..har har) - I guess this must rather be version 7.0 or so
    Can mount in oribos it would be fine imo or some speed buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's more organised than Boralus. I'm giving it points for that. I just don't like getting dismounted in the sections with trainers etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    It's definitely a downgrade from Boralus, which was one of the best cities they've ever designed.

Probably still better than Dazar'alor though.
    lol designed? There's no logical design to that city. It's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    You can say that again.

Agreed, what makes Dalaran a fun city is that it looks like a place where people actually live. It has landmarks and a relatively compact layout, although it's openess can be a fps killer. Too many cities are circular dungeons with multiple layers which cause you to waste time spinning in circles. Since Oribos is a sky city, there may have been a wasted opportunity to create something that could have been navigated with flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It's more organised than Boralus. I'm giving it points for that. I just don't like getting dismounted in the sections with trainers etc.

- - - Updated - - -

lol designed? There's no logical design to that city. It's awful.
    That's because in reality cities like that are usually not designed, they grow that way. So it's pretty awesome how they designed a city as if it grew like a european harbor city in the 1400's. For the same reason I think Dazzar'alor was very cool too, just has everything too far away from eachother. But it's an RPG so theme is often more important than player comfort.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Boralus is an actual city. This however..is like some patch base...very lame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    You can say that again.

Suramar is best city imho

I couldn't disagree more. The simplicity in design shows itself. It's simple, elegant and pleasing to sight.