Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the best launch so far. Even in game, no lag with so many people clogging up Stormwind and when the expansion hit, the transition was smooth and hell.

I still have nightmares about WoD's launch but SL was so much more better, my first 6 hours went smooth as silk without a single issue, even the overcrowding wasnt even that much of an issue for me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Less players = smoother launches.
    sad but true
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I went to bed shortly after having issues with logging in, so I wouldn't know. Heard a lot of people call it smooth though. Now there's a queue to my server, 59 minutes left...

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands sold records of copies. Try again. Unless you're referring to more players giving up and going to bed where the expansion launched at night, but I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    sad but true
    No, not at all true. Just sad. Especially this early on.

Quote:
    World of Warcraft franchise engagement is at its highest level for this stage ahead of an expansion in a decade, with Shadowlands presales well ahead of any prior expansion.

For once, it might just be warranted to say that they did a good job with the launch.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-11-24 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I went to bed shortly after having issues with logging in, so I wouldn't know. Heard a lot of people call it smooth though. Now there's a queue to my server, 59 minutes left...

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands sold records of copies. Try again. Unless you're referring to more players giving up and going to bed where the expansion launched at night, but I doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not at all true. Just sad. Especially this early on.

Quote:
    World of Warcraft franchise engagement is at its highest level for this stage ahead of an expansion in a decade, with Shadowlands presales well ahead of any prior expansion.

For once, it might just be warranted to say that they did a good job with the launch.
    So did BC, so did WotLK, so did Cata.. So did MoP.... So did WoD and did Legion - old news. Less players = smoother launch.

Bold > perhaps!

Also just noticed my 10 year member, yay

I just wanted to add - It might have sold record copies but how many people refunded when they delayed? I was one of those people
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2020-11-24 at 02:09 PM.

So did BC, so did WotLK, so did Cata.. So did MoP.... So did WoD and did Legion - old news. Less players = smoother launch.

Bold > perhaps!

I see logic isn't your strong suite. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I see logic isn't your strong suite. Thanks for reminding me.
    I just wanted to add - It might have sold record copies but how many people refunded when they delayed? I was one of those people.

And yeah, coming from the same person who saw a whopping 30 people in a dated, Cata zone claiming wow was still super popular lmao. You're about the most delusional fanatic on the fansite and you never cease to amaze me c:

It was nice. Had zero problems myself.
    The graphics are gorgeous!

I’m sorry I can’t applaud Blizzard here. It was probably the worst launch in the history of WoW for the following realms (NA side):

-Area52
    -Stormrage
    -Illidan

Wasn’t able to even log in until 5 and a half hours after launch. I would have vastly preferred a login queue to the shitshow I experienced last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    I’m sorry I can’t applaud Blizzard here. It was probably the worst launch in the history of WoW for the following realms (NA side):

-Area52
    -Stormrage
    -Illidan

Wasn’t able to even log in until 5 and a half hours after launch. I would have vastly preferred a login queue to the shitshow I experienced last night.
    These 3 realms are among the most populated realms out there, with Illidan being #1 overall and Stormage #1 for Alliance :x

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was fine until about 10 mins before launch and then I got DC'ed from the server, took an hour for the realm (Kazzak) to be sorted after multiple restarts. Wasn't the worst launch ever but certainly not the best.

Let's hope that's not the case!

These 3 realms are among the most populated realms out there, with Illidan being #1 overall and Stormage #1 for Alliance :x
    I understand that. What I'm saying is I didn't like the way they handled the authentication servers being busy. I would have preferred a login queue over the black character screen "character not found" lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Twitch had over 600.000 viewers for wow at midnight, I don't think there were too few players lol
    I checked on midnight and saw 950k. Probably this was peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    It was nice. Had zero problems myself.
    The graphics are gorgeous!
    Very much true, the models are insane! The zones are beautiful too! Artwork seems amazing so far.

10+ Year Old Account

Bold > perhaps!

I just wanted to add - It might have sold record copies but how many people refunded when they delayed? I was one of those people

If anything made SL smooth it was probably all the phasing, and layering.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-11-24 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Twitch had over 600.000 viewers for wow at midnight, I don't think there were too few players lol
    It had 1 mil at peak.

Draenor is unplayable as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Let's hope that's not the case!
    It's not.

10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    It had 1 mil at peak.
    Not bad at all!

The launch was smooth, as far as the seamlessness between BfA and the activation of Shadowlands, however the sheer amount of concurrent players made things very touch and go. Looting and gathering taking up to a full minute for the item to end up in your bags and in that lag time not having your attacks register because of the lag, NPC emoted dialogue not syncing up or being skipped completely, quest acceptance or turn ins taking forever or the NPC simply not registering that you're clicking on them.

Give it a few days and it will calm down as the players spread out over the zones, but everyone being funneled to the same places in the same order is not helping right now.

That said, it IS playable, it's just super annoying...which is something most previous expansions could not boast. Pretty sure Legion and BfA are the only ones that can say the same thing on launch day and THOSE had options that spread the players out across different zones. So the fact that the game is even playable, albeit in a near unplayable state for some due to all the lag, when every player from both factions is funneled through the same zones is a pretty huge feat.

kazzak on EU didn't even come online until 1 ½ hours in lol. also, everything lags extremely much still 16 hours after launch. so no