Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Woah, who would have thought about that.

Bingo. The whole basis of WC3's Orc campaign was that orcs should absolutely reject demons and don't try to harness their power as it always leads to corruption.
    Now it's perfectly fine that they decided to change that in WoW, to make Orcs more tolerant and to sometimes get a "end justify the means" mentality.
    With a backstory that even would be a good character development for Thrall. It's fine really. There is no retcon here. It also suits gameplay well, no real problem.
    It's just a bit like if, in the Return of the King, Frodo found out that instead of destroying the ring it should be wielded to fight Sauron in battle, and that he needs to be strong enough to resist its corruption. It would not have been a retcon either, but it would have been a change of theme compared to the previous two books.
    But again, it's okay, and Blizzard definitely could do a new cultural shift for Taurens if they wanted to.
    Which is why the warlock trainer was hiding in the Cleft, same with human warlocks hiding in the basement of an Inn in Stormwind.

Warlocks were not out in the open, they were hidden because they were not welcome.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Druids use arcane and shamans use fire/frost. There really is no reason they can't be if they can be pallies.
    different source of magic, shaman fire/frost is not the same as mage fire/frost, mages use arcane to fuel all of their magic (fire and frost included), shamans get their magic from the elementals, druids from different sources depending on the race (elune, the moon and the sun, loa, drust)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you can probably shoehorn arcane magic into the tauren sun loving tree hugging culture. warlock would be a pretty hard sell though.
    Well we had the Feltotems in Legion. Seems like just a case of redeeming some of em and having em inserted into lore somehow. It'd fit as much as Highborne fit into Night Elves, honestly.

Why do you keep saying Tauren are arguably more advanced op? Vulpera learned how to make wagons while Tauren learned how to make face paint.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why do you keep saying Tauren are arguably more advanced op? Vulpera learned how to make wagons while Tauren learned how to make face paint.
    <Gestures at Thunder Bluff>

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    <Gestures at Thunder Bluff>
    Thunder Bluff is just a bunch of huts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Because Tauren have had no connection (or seemingly interest) towards arcane magic stuff
    And wth does Vulpera having mages, have to do with Taurens not having mages? If we go that route, why can dwarfs be shamans, but not humans?
    To be fair; humans being shamans makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Tauren priests and highmountain warlock NPCs dont look ridiculously stupid? What about their monks?

A locked class should be significant to the lore, not the appearance.
    Yes they do

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    They were until Warcraft III, the orcs slaughtered the centaur that kept them from settling down, and they joined the Horde in return.

What mages? The only mages on the continent before World of Warcraft were in Feralas, and they were in hiding. And those lifts are powered by windmills.
    Humor escapes you.

Nomads don't build libraries, and the tauren had no nearby arcane civilizations to trade books with. Vulpera had permanent homes in their burrows before they were destroyed in BfA, and they lived nearby and traded with tortollian and Zandalari, who study magic.
    Darkspear Trolls were nearby Tauren and had mages. And Trolls don't seem to have libraries..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Darkspear Trolls were nearby Tauren and had mages. And Trolls don't seem to have libraries..
    No, they weren't. They were on the Echo Isles, and they weren't there for that long. It was only after joining Thrall that they settled there, the same time that the Tauren built Thunder Bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Because why? Do you think their fur gives em magical power?
    ugh god no I am in no way a furry. Tauren are the only race without access to the mage class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    But hey, Taurens are currently the only race capable of being all of the healers in the game, so, there's that.
    Zandalari say hi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Tauren aren't nomadic. They built their home on tall rocks to hide from pig people. That's the opposite of nomadic.
    Before the orcs, the Tauren were nomadic. They were warring with the centaur. Thrall and the orcs helped them beat the centaur and the Tauren tribes United. They formed thunder bluff. Thunder Bluff is not an old city.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Because Tauren have had no connection (or seemingly interest) towards arcane magic stuff
    And wth does Vulpera having mages, have to do with Taurens not having mages? If we go that route, why can dwarfs be shamans, but not humans?
    humans not being shamans is almost as bad as humans not having hunter for so long lol,i mean how did that make sense,i know they wanted to keep some by the numbers stuff,but cmon...let atleast that one slide

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Because tauren mages would look ridiculously stupid?
    why?they have shamans and druids that cast the same way in dresses and animations,and priests got added later

Quote Originally Posted by Lixaris View Post
    Because fox are cute and cow is not ? Fox can be DH if they want to
    I’m sure when Illidan returns to tell us the legion is back for the upteenth time in Legion 2: Electric Bugaloo they’ll open DH to all races like they did DK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    humans not being shamans is almost as bad as humans not having hunter for so long lol,i mean how did that make sense
    It didn’t, the lack of human hunters was always dumb. When I started in late BC / early Wrath I wanted to play a human hunter and I was surprised something so basic was not an allowed combo.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen Thunder Bluff? The Vulpera could never

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I’m definitely on board with unlocking additional class/race combos but it wouldn’t make them rare, not for very long atleast
    Nah they’d be unlocked for everyone in less than 2 full expansion cycles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Well, to be fair, the Vulpera are more like nomadic goblins. Obviously less obsessed with money but they're focused on being very pragmatic and aren't nearly as spiritual as the Tauren. Just look at how they say goodbye, "May your ancestors watch over you" vs, basically, "laters!"
    This kinda makes sense I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Because tauren mages would look ridiculously stupid?
    I try not to be a hater but vulpera mage, warlock, monk, and death knight all say hello. God they should not be playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Nomads don't build libraries, and the tauren had no nearby arcane civilizations to trade books with. Vulpera had permanent homes in their burrows before they were destroyed in BfA, and they lived nearby and traded with tortollian and Zandalari, who study magic.
    I hate this because it sounds like a Blizz level reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because most Tauren don't want to be mages, despite being utterly surrounded by potential teachers.
    Don’t you mean udderly?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Thunder Bluff is just a bunch of huts.
    Um... Thunder Bluff is an engineering marvel that almost defies the laws of physics.

No, they weren't. They were on the Echo Isles, and they weren't there for that long. It was only after joining Thrall that they settled there, the same time that the Tauren built Thunder Bluff.
    Are you trying to imply that by the time WoW launched the Darkspear Trolls weren't settled in and close enough to be available to Tauren? Because I'm not buying that. Partly because, you know, Zalazane, at the time. The Trolls were basically living with Orcs at that time - hence why they started in the Valley of Trials back then.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Um... Thunder Bluff is an engineering marvel that almost defies the laws of physics.
    Whats the engineering marvel the elevators? Cause they didn't build the plateau Thunder Bluff is sitting on and everything else is just huts and shit. And I don't think there is any lore that states the Taurens designed the elevators. Cairne built it in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post

Have you seen Thunder Bluff? The Vulpera could never
    The Tauren only built TB recently and only with the help of the orcs.

Whats the engineering marvel the elevators? Cause they didn't build the plateau Thunder Bluff is sitting on and everything else is just huts and shit. And I don't think there is any lore that states the Taurens designed the elevators. Cairne built it in recent times.
    The elevators (why on earth does there need to be lore saying that the Tauren built the elevators in their own capital city?), the Flight path tower, the bridges that somehow support the massive weight of Tauren and Kodo when they really should not, the sheer complexity involved of transporting the building materials to the location...

You can really compare Thunder Bluff to... a wagon? Come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Are you trying to imply that by the time WoW launched the Darkspear Trolls weren't settled in and close enough to be available to Tauren? Because I'm not buying that. Partly because, you know, Zalazane, at the time. The Trolls were basically living with Orcs at that time - hence why they started in the Valley of Trials back then.
    They were. Not long enough for young Tauren to apprentice under darkspear mages, certainly not long enough for enough of them to learn to justify a playable class. It wasn't until Cata I think that enough Orcs learned magic from the undead and blood elves, and orcs are more open to new ideas compared to the tauren, and have prior experience with magic in the form of their warlocks.