Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I think they've already responded to the allied race question by saying that many of these races are out of the question due to how the Shadowlands works.
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    Let me say this again,
    Their aesthetics and cultures have no issues.

It's their lore and who they are, fundamentally. SL is not another planet, it exists in a completely different dimension of afterlife, these creatures are created in a completely different realm, with specific purposes and resources that only exist in SL. Even throughout the intro and leveling experience, they remind us that the way between Shadowlands and Azeroth should never exist and must be closed for the very balance of life and death.

Will Blizzard let these literal afterlife entities leave Shadowlands just for the sake of recycling the resources they've created? Possibly.
    Would it be a good thing lore-wise? Only if they have suitable explanations by the end of this expansion.
    Currently, it makes 0 sense to bring any of them down to the world of living.
    Remember us helping them, and building reputation with them? that's pretty much like how an allied race is recruited into the ranks of a faction (as of BFA).

Them being dead or part of a realm doesn't really matter. if demons are intrinsically connected to the Twisting Nether, and Elementals to the Elemental Planes and still be part of our reality, then so can they. The Shadowlands would not perish without a few of them leaving. Heck, we are not supposed to be there as living beings. and, there we are, in the Shadowlands expansion.

The only difficulty i can see is Venthyr journying into the light.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-11-24 at 04:00 PM.

I'm not holding onto hope that allied races will carry beyond the expansion they were introduced in. Fire and forget is Blizzard's modus operandi.

We'll get devs saying stuff like "who knows in the future maybe!" Read off a cue card and onto the next question.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    I mean they are blue humans so they alrady fit into the boring alliance profile

Humans
    Short humans
    Tiny humans
    Purple humans with long ears
    Werewolves that can turn into humans
    Fat humans
    Humans with bad blood circulation and long ears
    Blue humans

That leaves Draenei and Pandaren

That said, I doubt it. Maldraxxus doesent really have race do they? Just undead with armor or every other race size residens can warp their appearance

Which means maybe 1 race from each, and no way alliance gets kyrian over night fae cuzz theyre freakin elves
    MALDraxus has Asmongolds (skeletons), maskers, and 1 anti-masker (Draka).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Brokers don't really seem like they would fit in on Azeroth/as an Allied Race even.

Don't really see them wearing our armor and not looking as stupid as can be...

Let some things stay uniquely NPCs... they're better that way. They're not of our world, they are not like us, we as players wouldn't make sense as them.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Draka was seen as stealing plans from a Burning Legion world. Kyrian ferry the souls of the living from every world to Oribos. Nathrazeim also do just fine. I think it's safe to say they can interact with reality.

Though i wouldn't want to see them outside of the Shadowlands as playable races. Just wouldn't feel right.
    I'd say it could work if they are sent to Azeroth to learn more about mortals so they can fix the way their covenants are set up. Bastion imo is the most in need of change. They can create "mechanical" beings to do shit for them yet purge souls of all their memories and shit in a process that can and does fail to beings that were judged as this to being their perfect afterlife. That means the Arbiter was intentionally sending souls there knowing they would fail and go dark. How fucked up is that?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Brokers don't really seem like they would fit in on Azeroth/as an Allied Race even.

Don't really see them wearing our armor and not looking as stupid as can be...

Let some things stay uniquely NPCs... they're better that way. They're not of our world, they are not like us, we as players wouldn't make sense as them.
    Look at mechagnomes. They can only wear chest, underwear, shoulders, and a helm. I think its possible Bliz will make more races in the future with armor restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Look at mechagnomes. They can only wear chest, underwear, shoulders, and a helm. I think its possible Bliz will make more races in the future with armor restrictions.
    That's fine.

They still started as a mortal race of the realms of the living.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    Let me say this again,
    Their aesthetics and cultures have no issues.

It's their lore and who they are, fundamentally. SL is not another planet, it exists in a completely different dimension of afterlife, these creatures are created in a completely different realm, with specific purposes and resources that only exist in SL. Even throughout the intro and leveling experience, they remind us that the way between Shadowlands and Azeroth should never exist and must be closed for the very balance of life and death.

Will Blizzard let these literal afterlife entities leave Shadowlands just for the sake of recycling the resources they've created? Possibly.
    Would it be a good thing lore-wise? Only if they have suitable explanations by the end of this expansion.
    Currently, it makes 0 sense to bring any of them down to the world of living.
    We went to the afterlife without dying..... So I really don't see any issue with these races joining us in our dimension.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind them, they look good enough.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see all 4 'main' covenant races become playable.
    It would be a stretch, sure, but we are living in the land of the dead doing whatever we're doing there, so who's to say the veil between cannot be lifted the other way around?
    For the sake of allowing people to be big blue bois or vampire sucky bois, Blizz would probably allow it.
    I mean, we have goddamn Vulpera, so really, nothing's off the table at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    They are not races... They are the souls of the dead...
    And Kul Tirans are not another race either, they are just McDonald addicts.

Honestly, they've probably given up on allied races. They lowered the requirements for the allied races we got in the last expansion already when usually it takes a few expansions for them to do things like that. They said they would introduce them when the story makes sense, yet their the ones making the story and thus, could make it make sense at any given time.

Think this is it sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    I mean they are blue humans so they alrady fit into the boring alliance profile
    Humans
    Short humans
    Tiny humans
    Purple humans with long ears
    Werewolves that can turn into humans
    Fat humans
    Humans with bad blood circulation and long ears
    Blue humans
    Wow, this stupid argument again.

Because
    Green Mongol humans
    Blue Jamaican humans
    Rotting edgelord humans
    American Native Humans with horns
    Paris Hilton with long ears
    Short green humans
    are much more original, right?
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    They are not races... They are the souls of the dead...
    They aren't, Venthyr and Sylvar are native to the Shadowlands and weren't necessarily mortal souls before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Honestly, they've probably given up on allied races. They lowered the requirements for the allied races we got in the last expansion already when usually it takes a few expansions for them to do things like that. They said they would introduce them when the story makes sense, yet their the ones making the story and thus, could make it make sense at any given time.

Think this is it sadly.
    They'll add them as Allied Races if there is any money to be made from race changes. Sylvar, Kyrian and Venthyr already work better as Allied Races than Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They'll add them as Allied Races if there is any money to be made from race changes. Sylvar, Kyrian and Venthyr already work better as Allied Races than Nightborne.
    Cant say that holds true. Any one of them would have been a huge boost in revenue from race changes, but they haven't even hinted at any new allied races being planned. Several of the new races added are very popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    That's fine.

They still started as a mortal race of the realms of the living.
    So did the Kyrians and Venthyr .

Fuck the rest; I want to play the owls.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The 4 covenant races will be playable in the future.

Kyrians have a male and a female model (using the female Vrykul skeleton), up-to-date animations and textures, and some customization options.

Venthyr have a male and a female model, up-to-date animations and textures, and some customization options.

Sylvar have a male and a female model (using the female Draenei skeleton), up-to-date animations and textures, and some customization options.

Maldraxxus Gladiators have a male and a female model (females use the female kul tiran skeleton, and males a modified ogre skeleton), up-to-date textures, not sure about facial animations - as their faces are always covered, and their abnormal size.

Brokers have up-to-date animations and textures, but lack faces and gender-distinct models. however, i do believe that they are a prototype to playable Ethereals, as their culture as traders and their looks resemble them very much.
    I think female Venthyr use the female Zandalari skeleton, and males use the male Nightborne/Night Elves skeleton. They'd probably need some changes to be playable. Heck, all of them would lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

We opened a temporary portal to alternate Draenor, just so we can recruit them as an allied race, after we destroyed their dark portal and severed their connection to our reality.

i think blizzard can pull whatever they want to make allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Cant say that holds true. Any one of them would have been a huge boost in revenue from race changes, but they haven't even hinted at any new allied races being planned. Several of the new races added are very popular.
    Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, and Lightforged Draenei were all in-game for a while before Allied Races were ever announced. Even though they were Legion content, they weren't formally announced as Allied Races until the BFA announcement, where they became an 8.0 pre-purchase incentive.

By the same timing, if Blizzard does add Covenant races as playable it wouldn't be announced as Shadowlands content rather a 10.0 pre-purchase incentive, and could be 1-2 years away.

Then again, Mechagnomes and Vulpera were added as content patch Allied Races while still current.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    So did the Kyrians and Venthyr .
    I was mostly speaking against the Oribos... things.

The Kyrians/Venthyr I am not as opposed to, though really they are what souls become after death. Idk if it's appropriate really to have MORTAL players of the game play as that. :P lolol
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    But can anything native to the shadowlands even enter the land of the living? Their power, their essense, etc, wouldnt work? My understanding is they craft their bodies from their soul energy, i think outside of the shadowlands they would just be a loose soul
    Not technically 'native', but we did see Drakka outside of the Shadowlands, stealing documents from the Legion.