Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That is fantastic news - just the start of the Trump Crime Family's crumbling house of cards.

I expect Jared to the be the focus of several espionage investigations, including bribery.
    When this house of cards comes down, there will be no denying that every word uttered by this charlatan against his political opponents is projection of his own guilt. I think the ruling members of the Republican party has actually convinced itself that Democrats have been hyperbolic in their accusations and don't truly understand the extent of the criminality of the individual they have strapped themselves to. It's going to be a glorious take down of these rats when it happens.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    When this house of cards comes down, there will be no denying that every word uttered by this charlatan against his political opponents is projection of his own guilt. I think the ruling members of the Republican party has actually convinced itself that Democrats have been hyperbolic in their accusations and don't truly understand the extent of the criminality of the individual they have strapped themselves to. It's going to be a glorious take down of these rats when it happens.
    I completely agree. The GOtrumP has been chugging the kool aid for so long they forgot that most/all of the accusations are true.

I sincerely hope that the GA Senate seats flip to the Democrats and we get the Senate. Warren would make a terrific Truth and Reconciliation Committee Chairperson.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I sincerely hope that the GA Senate seats flip to the Democrats and we get the Senate. Warren would make a terrific Truth and Reconciliation Committee Chairperson.
    Winning both those seats would just tie the Senate, not flip it. If votes go along party lines Democrats get the de-facto win with Harris, but I don't see that being a regular thing. Manchin and some others will absolutely break party lines on some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Winning both those seats would just tie the Senate, not flip it. If votes go along party lines Democrats get the de-facto win with Harris, but I don't see that being a regular thing. Manchin and some others will absolutely break party lines on some issues.
    Yeah, there's no way you'll see DC or Puerto Rico as states, or any supreme court packing, thanks in part to Manchin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Yeah, there's no way you'll see DC or Puerto Rico as states, or any supreme court packing, thanks in part to Manchin.
    At least some things would be worked on while we waited until 2022, though.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Are you expecting the dems to do well in the 2022 midterm elections? I wouldn't pin my hopes on that.

Are you expecting the dems to do well in the 2022 midterm elections? I wouldn't pin my hopes on that.
    The map is more favorable for them in 2022 than it was in 2020. I'm not going to count my chickens, etc., but there's reason to believe they can gain the Senate, particularly if the first 2 years of Biden's term goes, if not great, then at least "average" compared to the past 4 years of bullshit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It would absolutely flip it, because of Biden/Harris - the White House breaks that tie for control. That means Democrats get committee chairs, majorities in those committees, legislative agenda control - including judicial confirmations. The whole ball game.

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily - but he would definitely be an issue. We should trash him though, because without him, we wouldn't even have a chance at the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Many things would be resolved and worked on. Manchin is an issue, but he can be worked with and placated.

- - - Updated - - -

They will, because the economy will be on the upswing and the majority of the United States will be vaccinated. 2022 will be a major upswing in almost every category for the United States. And hopefully Trump will have stroked out by then, after his assets are seized and he's indicted for multiple felonies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The map is more favorable for them in 2022 than it was in 2020. I'm not going to count my chickens, etc., but there's reason to believe they can gain the Senate, particularly if the first 2 years of Biden's term goes, if not great, then at least "average" compared to the past 4 years of bullshit.
    Exactly - the map is even better than it was in 2020, and while we didn't see the wins we'd hoped for, we did gain at least one seat. And we can spend so much more time and energy on those seats, rather than the White House and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    At the very least, I read Deutsche Bank is getting ready to drop Trump as a client. Decided all the bad PR he brings them isn't worth it or something like that.
    i expect them to flip the debt at a huge loss to another lower tier ranked debt house.

Then i expect that secondary company to go after the assets at the first chance they get since that will be the only reason they even buy the debt from DB is because they know he will default and they see opportunity to sell nice assets at a better price then the debt they paid for.

I Mean with his embarrassing legal losses over the years i imagine he won't fair well in bankruptcy this time around
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    It won't be a normal jail and he'll be treated far better than you or I ever would if we were ever convicted of a crime, but he'll still lose his freedom and fortune.

His children will face a far grimmer outcome than that as well, since they won't have the title of ex-president to help shield them as Trump will have.
    His kids will get away with everything too.

Not all votes will go along party lines, some will some won't. Not everything will pass, it is what it is. They key thing, is that there will be votes. Because since there won't be any votes on any judges, which is essentially the only thing they have voted on the last 2 years, if it's not 50/50 McConnell will not hold a single damn vote on anything, and, will be rewarded for it.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-25 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'd settle for the government seizing whatever assets he has left tbh
    Can they take properties he owns in other countries? He'd just transfer ownership to family members anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that the Democrats have already gained in the Senate this election, and in the hypothetical that we're talking about, they will have gained two more seats in Georgia, as well. And as has been mentioned, there are significantly more Republican seats up for reelection in 2022 than Democrat seats.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i expect them to flip the debt at a huge loss to another lower tier ranked debt house.

Then i expect that secondary company to go after the assets at the first chance they get since that will be the only reason they even buy the debt from DB is because they know he will default and they see opportunity to sell nice assets at a better price then the debt they paid for.

I Mean with his embarrassing legal losses over the years i imagine he won't fair well in bankruptcy this time around
    Why would bankruptcy be any different this time around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Because this time it's not his corporations going bankrupt. Since he's such a risk financially, he's had to sign these loans under his own name in order to get any money, not just in the name of one of his companies.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Btw, it's about as much of a certainty as things get that Kyle Rittenhouse will get a pardon by Trump before January 20th. For murdering 2 people protesting police murders (not rioting). I hope the families of the 2 people murdered get justice from him through the courts one way or another, even if it's in civil court against him and his parents for every dime they've ever owned or will own. The pardon will do absolutely nothing for that thankfully, and it will be an easy civil case to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Btw, it's about as much of a certainty as things get that Kyle Rittenhouse will get a pardon by Trump before January 20th. For murdering 2 people protesting police murders (not rioting). I hope the families of the 2 people murdered get justice from him through the courts one way or another, even if it's in civil court against him and his parents for every dime they've ever owned or will own. The pardon will do absolutely nothing for that thankfully, and it will be an easy civil case to win.
    Trump can't pardon him. The governor can, but the governor won't, at least not the current one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Because (sunglasses) this time it's personal.

No really, Deustche Bank has loans with his personal guarantee. He can easily lose his own money this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Trump can't pardon him.
    Yes he can. He faces a lot of federal charges.

Yes, Trump cannot pardon state charges, but he can pardon federal charges just to throw a big show of support for his fellow murdering racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Because (sunglasses) this time it's personal.

No really, Deustche Bank has loans with his personal guarantee. He can easily lose his own money this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes he can. He faces a lot of federal charges.

Yes, Trump cannot pardon state charges, but he can pardon federal charges just to throw a big show of support for his fellow murdering racists.
    You misread felony with federal I think? He's not facing any federal charges as far as I'm aware.

It's all state charges. There was a reason there was a whole extradition case.

edit - yeah, per your article it's the District Attorney, so yeah Trump can't do shit.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-25 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You misread felony with federal I think?
    He crossed state lines to hunt humans. I was fairly sure that made it federal.